#219 Chain Front Sprocket Suppliers?

Thud said:
Alright,
If any one wants a straight 3/4 adapter to fit the gokartgalexy.com sprockets I can make them for $6 a coppy+shipping

That will get you a keyed adapter & 2 set screws to mount a AZUSA engineering sprocket 12t# 1952-k thru 18t#1958

http://www.azusaeng.com/

http://www.gokartgalaxy.com/engine_sprockets1.htm

Thud,

I have several of the tapered bore style drive sprockets from http://cometkartsales.com/store/sprocket/dd.htm various teeth but all #219 and tapered with keyway...

Could an adapter be fashioned for these to mount to 8mm (low cost hobby motors) shaft or 10mm (that's astro right?)?

TIA!

-Mike

Mwkeefer,
the answer is allways ye$.
The problem with that, cutting the taperd adapter adds 30 min to each part in my manual set up.

astro's are a true .375" I belive

where I can make the straight adapters in 15 min total.

Thud said:
Mwkeefer,
the answer is allways ye$.
The problem with that, cutting the taperd adapter adds 30 min to each part in my manual set up.

astro's are a true .375" I belive

where I can make the straight adapters in 15 min total.

Hmmm... ye$ - inference in cost increase, cute. (surprising I got it actually)

So to cut the tapered adapter would be a 45m job? How much would this work out to in cost (I don't want to assume 3x previous quote)?

My goal (you know what I mean) is to be able to work with either an 8mm or .375" shaft output from the motor. Bearings in both sizes are available at almost any skate or bike shop (you should see where I found my most recent 8mm bearings) and the only problem I've encountered in using the smaller shafted (lower powered and cost) motors is sourcing the drive sprocket in straight 8mm with set screws for #219 in 9t, 10t, 11t and 13t.

Ordering new drive sprocket / adapters / etc... not a big deal = )

-Mike

I am in for a couple adapters.

Can we get our choice of inside bore? I would want 2 for the Astro .375, one for a 10 mm.

You are aware that the 12 tooth have a 3/16" key broached into the hub, rather than a keyway. No key is needed. Which would mean the adapter needs a keyway.

Drewjet,
I have .75" keyed shafting just for the purpous.

Mwkeefer, after thinking it through another 2 miniutes the operations add up more than i thought. it would require a threaded section to hold the sprocket to the taper also.....more monkey buisness that gets multiplied by the different shaft dia.
Hate to say it but I am avoiding the tapers till I absolutly need one & i don't ever see that happening. I will make 10t sprockets if i ever need one that small.
The offer is still good on the straight adapters.
I will go cut 1/2 dozen blanks right now.

pm me the shipping address Drew.

drewjet said:

Can we get our choice of inside bore? I would want 2 for the Astro .375, one for a 10 mm.

You are aware that the 12 tooth have a 3/16" key broached into the hub, rather than a keyway. No key is needed. Which would mean the adapter needs a keyway.
If you used #35 sprockets you could go with a 10 tooth sprocket with a .375 bore for 10 bucks.
http://www.electricscooterparts.com/sprockets.html#8mm

12078735.jpg

I already have gone that route. I want to upgrade to 219.

Have deal working with Thud

Thanks

This may be worth a try to get some quiet 10 tooth nylon counter sprockets made for ebikes.
You can buy both the 219 and #35 Nylon gokart racing sprockets on ebay for $16.

Professional nylon rear sprockets range from 66 to 96 teeth (219 pitch)
A range or 35 (coarse pitch) available upon request

http://www.brk.com.au/plastic.html

35nylonsprocket.jpg

Nice find.

I got a 101t on ebay a while ago for like $10 shipped. Nothing I've run across is even close to 165t tho.

jscoot said:
drewjet said:

If you used #35 sprockets you could go with a 10 tooth sprocket with a .375 bore for 10 bucks.

12078735.jpg

Actually... I think I could machine an adapter plate for those to be 219 by bolting through 6 or so of the teeth... about the same contact as a chain would have.?
-Mike

mwkeefer said:
jscoot said:
drewjet said:

12078735.jpg

Actually... I think I could machine an adapter plate for those to be 219 by bolting through 6 or so of the teeth... about the same contact as a chain would have.?
-Mike
May be eaiser to grind the teeth off and weld a 10 - 13 tooth Dual D-Bore 219 sprocket center to a hub end ?
A dab of weld on the od of the hub to the sprocket back wouldnt hurt either.

dualdbore.jpg

I think you are right... and I just happen to have the parts needed (including the double D 10t #219).

Thanks for the idea!

-Mike

Another option is plastic.
Making a standard 5/8" shaft size steel Hub insert with a max depth of a 5/8" including the sprocket width with two set screws mated to slippery plastic sprockets with the steel hub insert would be worth looking into. A 9 to 14 teeth selection would be ideal. A 17mm shaft size could be the largest with shim/sleeve adapters made for all types of sfafts and sizes.
Just a thought for 219 motor drives as they may be the best that happened to ebikes beside the Dual Drives and small lower RPM high torque motors, or RC morors with multi redudtion set ups. ?

8mmdelrin.jpg

Or Steel.

8mmsteel.jpg

You get precision cut gears from Delrin®, Hytrel® Nylon, PEEK®, Plastics, Polyurethane, Phenolic and other materials

Any standard gear can be converted to non-metallic gears

Gears plain or with metal inserts or complete metal hubs
http://www.rinomechanical.com/gears_nonmetal.htm

Alright, I have to ask.
I know you can buy the Karting chain with some very heavy side plates & spend as much money as you like.

My question? is 219 in fact the the same ISO dimensions of 05B 8mm chain?

every one lists dimensions that are on the fringe of manufacturing tollerances. (7.77mm center distance or true 8mm?)
If the sprockets are in fact inter-changable,then we have a ready supply & a potential answer to master link & 1/2 lincs

Thanks Miles,
I should have known nothing is so easy.
what it does is..... makes grinding a 8mm into a H219 much easyer than hobbing one from scratch.....

here are some adapters I am doing for drewjet.
PC290002.jpg

A pr of .375"bore & a 10mm bore to adapt to the gokart galexy sprockets w/.75"bore.
a 1/2" bore will eliminate the keyway option.

I did submit a request for quote to AZusa engineering for H219 sprockets in e-bike bores.....the min qty is 300 pcs of any part we would need......Yikes.

I have found 8mm sprockets ( god bless McMaster Carr) & they look very modifyable to H219 (.010" is the diferance on the 12t profile) I was eyeing the knife grinder (we cut profile knives for the molder) at work today wondering if the shop owner is interested in the e-bike buisness.

realisticly, How many here are in for 219 drive lines besides LFP,drewjet,Deecanio & myself?

Remember, I am on the fence regarding 219 final drive. The benifits aren't adding up yet compaired to the conveinent #35 for me. If I use it, it will be for the "bling" factor (so I am now commited to using it LOL :p )

Thud, they are all 3/4 bore, how will a larger size work out?

Drewjet,
In the pics you see we are down to minimal stock in the keyway area.
Once opened up to 1/2" there is less than .010" left in the keyway area.
This limits you to the larger size sprockets 14t-18t, that do not have the key broached in place.

I know the norm is to dimple the shafts & let the grub screws do all the work.

(another stumbling block for 219)

I got my sprockets already. Here is a pick of the small and large. The large one is not much thicker. Please make me 2 of the 1/2" adapters. One your way and one like the 3/8 way, I will grind out the broached keyway if need be. Send me a PM or email when ready, I have funds in my paypal account waiting to go.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCI0018.JPG
    DSCI0018.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 3,910
Hi guys,

i've read through the thread and i can't see what im after?
is there a method for putting a 11t #219 sprocket onto an astro 3220?
3220 shaft is 0.375" correct?
anyone give me a steer of what i need to buy? ask thud to help?

cheers,

D

D, the smallest I think you will get is 12Tooth using Thuds adapter

thanks drewjet, 12 may have to do, until i get an 11 made :p

is that with the reduction sleeve? is thud taking orders?

D

Back