48v 1000 watt rear hub specialized MTB build pics

shr00m

10 W
Finally finished (for now) my build... well still waiting on my fat apples but they are in the mail... I built the battery from laptop cells i had. 80 percent were new and i tested the rest really well. 13s11p ... i have rode about 100 miles total so far on this build. The battery gives me 20 miles using full to half throttle and almost no peddling so i assume i could get a lot more out of it if i rode it conservative. the pic with the bag is the finished build. the ones with the plastic box were me testing it out. now the box is inside the bag and i drilled holes and zip tied bag/box to the rack it is very stable and silent. I put the torque arm on last night i want to get something more beefy but its fine for now. check it out and let me know what you think any tips or criticisms... all i can say is I am completely addicted to ebikes and riding now... here is a pic of the finished bike... the rest of the pics are on the imgur link.

http://imgur.com/a/UtRwg

Attachments

• bikesmall.jpg
    bikesmall.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,628
Congratulations for your new build looking good. I found a full suspension bike was the way to go for me on my 3rd ebike.
Ebike is most definitely the way to go :D :D :D
I never lasted 1 week riding a new normal peddle bike then left to rust in the rain (more then once) :roll:

Thank you! this is my first ebike... im loving it and I rode it around town some today. i ended up moving the controller out of the bag and mounting it in front of it... it was getting hot after long rides. patiently awaiting my fat apple 26x2.15s

Rear wheel drop out snap and say "buh bye" to bike, just like my 2010'ish Specialized Rockhopper.

But it looks like you got some Torque Arms on that puppy.

got the schwalbe big apples 26x2.15 and they are absolutely amazing... it is like riding a completely different bike the way it handles and how smooth it is... i aired the tires up to 40 psi they can handle 35-65... im going to play around with pressure to see whats good but @ 40 the ride is incredibly smooth and the rolling resistance is so much less than what i was running before.

I think thats what mine is it has "k-guard" kevlar lining... I am in love with these tires its like riding a totally different bike. completely worth the expense im sold on these tires for life.

I'm running a k guard one on my front...So many miles and still going strong. The Plus ones are just a little tougher... level 5 protection in Schwalbe numbers to the k guard level 3.

thanks for the info. yea mine is level 3 protection. I will go for the plus when i replace these but it seems like they will likely hold up for a while. I cannot believe the difference these tires make on my bike it is so much more enjoyable to ride.

shr00m could you post a pic of your bike with the Big Apple tires on it? I'd love to see it.

Nice clean build and welcome to E-biking. I've been E-biking riding for about 3 years and have over 10k miles. For the speeds you will be traveling on the road for safety reasons I would consider adding head and tail lights.

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words. I have purchased a bright led flashlight that clips on the handlebars one of the ones that takes a single 18650. I need to get one of those blinking led tail lights though for sure.

Wolfeman said:
shr00m could you post a pic of your bike with the Big Apple tires on it? I'd love to see it.

I will post one tomorrow night with the big apples on it. going camping and taking the bike with me.

Back