8fun 350w/36v Hub help with display

mikesativa

10 mW
I now have 31 hours as an ebike owner. Bought a Voltbike Yukon from a home garage of the only ebike dealer I could find in Alaska.

Samsung Li-ion battery paired with 350W Bafang (8Fun) rear hub (geared down) motor. More on this bike later in the proper thread. For now I would like to focus on programing my bike.

Here is the link: http://www.voltbike.ca/voltbike-yukon.html

I'm trying to get the specs for my 8fun system. I have found the advanced menu but need help to fill in the blanks.

You get to the adanced menu by powering on the unit then holding + and - down for a few seconds.
click image for video:

Steps:
1 Press and hold power to turn on display.
2 Press and hold - and + buttons for a few seconds till advanced setting menu is displayed.
3 Use - and + buttons to change settings followed by power button to save and advance to next setting.
4 Settings are instant and advanced menu with time out on it's own within 10 seconds. Or you can press and hold - and + to exit.

Here is what I have figured out so far by trial and error.

There are 14 settings and I would like your help to figure out the rest of the settings in RED.

Here are pictured of the motor, battery and display and a shot of the new but dirty bike.

Advertized as 350w but stamped as 250w

36v 10.4ah Samsung ICR18650-26F cells

Looking for the specs or model number of this display so I can finish the setting chart. I hope this helps others with the same display.

The display is a standard one. It communicates with the controller's software, so it depends on the controller's software what those other parameters might do; however, there are some parameters that are common accross different controllers. One of them will be the source of the speed signal, like 0 for a motor hall sensor, 1 for a hub hall sensor and 2 for an external wheel sensor. Another one would be a number, which is the reduction ratio times the number of poles in the motor, which tells the controller how fast the rotor is spinning. I guess the one you're after is the speed limit, which will be in the range 25 to 70. You sometimes get one for the throttle mode, which might toggle between 0 for normal throttle and 6 for 6km/h maximum (Euro spec.).

Back