About to get a MAC motor - Input Appreciated!

ty cohen said:
How much was your shipping charges?

Also did you get dinged for customs and duties?

Shipping charges were hefty. I think it was a bit over $200 USD for shipping everything: Battery, wheel, motor, accessories. I think the customs and duties were included within that price.

I have everything installed and hooked up;

Wheel with motor and 7sp freewheel
Rear torque arm
CA v3
Power Switch
Throttle
Controller
Triangle Battery mounted

I currently have the setup as follows:
Throttle --> CA v3 --> controller --> Battery
Power switch --> controller

I have also tried connecting the throttle directly to controller with included connector, which didn't show any signs of improvement.

I am not getting any power to the motor.

I just bought a multimeter, but I'm not sure how I should go about testing the battery and controller connections, as I am very amateur with electricity.

Any advice?

I haven't had much time to work on it the last few weeks. Next week is finals week for me, so I will have time to get this thing running (if there's not something wrong).
So close it seems, trying to keep breathing deep and refrain from getting antsy.

Hey -- my unsolicited advice: focus on finals this week and next week, then bike starting on 12/15!

Probably a very minor problem, loose connection or something. You *will* figure it out, and it *will* run... after finals :wink:

footloose said:
Hey -- my unsolicited advice: focus on finals this week and next week, then bike starting on 12/15!

Probably a very minor problem, loose connection or something. You *will* figure it out, and it *will* run... after finals :wink:

I have to agree here. You'll get it, but there is no deadline. Finals are another story

get the motor from cellman and ask for the BLACK gears... they are much more durable than any of the others... I believe he had t5hem specialy made :mrgreen:

Thank you guys for the replies.

Good point about the time on the finals, but I can't be constantly studying. I need to use this electric bike to ride around in the snow right now! It just snowed ~8 inches here in Eugene, OR. Usually it only snows around 0-2inches on the valley floor. I have lived here for almost 20 years and never seen it so white.

So, could anybody help me out with what connections I should test with the multimeter and what precautions I should take when using the multimeter. Are there any connections or settings, that when used improperly could short or potentially blow up the battery?

Problem: I have everything connected to the controller and battery, and I believe the battery is charged (could be wrong, but I plugged it into the charger for a while, and it was said to be shipped charged).

Question: How would I go about testing the connections of the battery with the multimeter?

Any help would be awesome, thank you.

Joaq

With the voltmeter simply test the the red and black plugs from the batt. output. It is the cable with tree plugs.
Sounds like you may have a problem with you on/off switch. Did you hook it up? It has the red button and green horn on it I believe. The horn button is left as a spare. Without this hooked up, you will have no power with or without the CA.

Victor

Back