Another DH Project

That was an RC bike? I thought it was a over-volted cyclone setup? COOL!

My bike is about the same as the bike in the video. It looks like it pulls pretty hard
when it revs up. Mine just has the 10 turn 3210 Astro with 44 volt. I will do a video
eventually. I want to show something new like climbing a steep hill in the dirt and some
moto action. The bike is not ready yet.

Cool! I have been waiting for this type of video for a long time!

Whiplash said:
That was an RC bike? I thought it was a over-volted cyclone setup? COOL!

Was originally a cyclone Burtie swapped it to a Turnigy 130kv Outrunner attached to a Neugart planetary gearbox box
was running a 12 fet Infineon with hall sensor setup last we heard not sure whats been done to it recently...

Very much look forward to video motomoto, your creation
iz a thing of CNC beauty mate.

KiM

Thanks. I should be able to make something nice, I have been in a machine shop
for 32 years, We celebrated 22 years having my own shop tonight (sushi). We should
of celebrated yesterday but I had to put in a kick ass 14 hr day. Oh well.

Yeah, I would like to show a video that shows the bikes potential. I would like to see
if I can slide the thing sideways. I raced a season of speedway 10 years ago and have been
sliding motorcycles for about 40 years. I can also moto pretty well for an old fart.

I have about 20 to 25 hours of work to do before I will make a video, but I will make
it worth the wait.

AWESOME! We have needed a real capable dirt guy for some time! If you have failures, don't let them get you down! It comes with the territory in the R/C bike world. I fully expect some myself, I am doing something similar to yours but on the other side of the spectrum cost wise! I can't wait to see what a high dollar version will be like! I owned my own automotive machine/speed shop for some years and I VIVIDLY remember those 14+ hour days! :mrgreen:

Any news? I am dying to see some more!

Nothing for anyone to see. I am working on the fixture to form the UHMW (plastic)
skid plate. I have a local company that makes all kinds of skid plates for UTVs and I
have the skinny on forming the stuff. It's one of the key parts to my unit because
it holds the batteries and protects the framework. I am out of my element here
forming plastic so bear with me. As usual, my methods are bazzare for making
the fixture but I will follow through and see what happens. If it doesn't work
I learned something, the story of my life. Tomorrow I will work on it and see how
far I get.

25 years ago I made a UHMW skid plate for a custom magnesium BMX frame I built. It had to be heat formed. Good stuff to work with. (Google Matt Shumaker Project Homemade BMX Plus magazine and you will see the article). I think you can view pictures of it there.

Matt

Matt, In 1992 I was 10 and watched Eddie Romans ride on every day for years to come!!! And u built that frame in the same mag that was reviewing ride on!! Talk about grass roots in bmx!!
There is no pics go view on July 1992 issue but is the skid plate like the haro master or gt bash guard??

That's cool.

When I built my electric PK Ripper, I emailed pictures to BMX Plus to show them what I am up to now. They never got back to me.....

Oh well.

I have a copy of that October 92 issue on my desk. I should scan the picture and post it.

Anyway, I do not want to hijack this thread. :)

Matt

It's 18 to 72 with the belts, 9 to 50 with the 250H chain, and 14 to 42 to the crank,
for a grand total of 1 (at the crank) to 66.6 (at the motor). I wanted the 6,000 rpm
motor to turn the crank at 90 rpm

Cool! Very similar to mine at approx 120 rpm max at the crank, so how is it running?

I haven't broken it yet. I demo it a couple times a day. It still
hauls ass. Sometimes I turn it wide open and click through the
gears. It kind of bangs pretty hard when it shifts. I think it is
going to be pretty fun out in the dirt. I should be able to get
some more stuff done later this week.
I did a Solidworks mockup of the skid plate.
skid plate.jpg

motomoto said:
It's 18 to 72 with the belts, 9 to 50 with the 250H chain, and 14 to 42 to the crank,
for a grand total of 1 (at the crank) to 66.6 (at the motor). I wanted the 6,000 rpm
motor to turn the crank at 90 rpm
Very cool. You could also use 13T freewheel from ACS, very good quality - crank rpm will go down to 83.

I bet its a blast in the dirt, and truthfully it should last longer in a place that allows some wheel spin! Keep an eye on the rear freewheel, I have heard these can be a weak link!

Very cool. You could also use 13T freewheel from ACS, very good quality - crank rpm will go down to 83.

I have one, just haven't justified putting it on yet.

Back