Astro 3210 group buy?

Dude, I'm supposed to be building the reduction drive! I will try hard to resist this clever ploy of offering excellent quality at reasonable prices in order to slave away on my own unproven design which will most likely require many hours of trial and error.

Damn, seriously now, that is a tough one! I'm pretty sure that building my own reduction drive will take about 100$ in parts and materials, so paying another 100$ to get your solid engineering and oh so flash drive is a deal only a fool would pass up. But I really wanted to build that part! Garr!

Katou

ps. although it may dissolve what remaining resolve I have, do you have any pictures of the V2...?

recumpence said:
D,

You sent me money twice, it looks like. $600 and $572. What is each payment for? I only see you down for one motor. Of course, I could be blind or senile (or both). :wink:

Matt

i will double check once i get home but im fairly i didn't send you two payments, were they bothe dated yesterday?
maybe one was for my drive from back in the day - if you want to refund me the $572 that would be great ;)
the $600 is for my 3220 6turn 6wire long shaft black can astro :mrgreen:

D

recumpence said:
D,

You sent me money twice, it looks like. $600 and $572. What is each payment for? I only see you down for one motor. Of course, I could be blind or senile (or both). :wink:

Matt

Matt,
That other $572 should be from drewjet. (I guess the other "D".)

liteCycles said:
recumpence said:
D,

Matt

Matt,
That other $572 should be from drewjet. (I guess the other "D".)
Ahh, I think you are correct. :)

So, everyone needs to make sure they get their completed numbers to me. There are a couple without details yet. The order will be placed with, or without remaining details. Maybe I will tell them to leave open a certain number of cans for add-ons if need be. My guess would be they would charge normal price for those, though.

All I need to do is go through all the payments to find out who has not paid yet, and submit the order.

Maybe it would be good to eliminate all the prices and names on a second copy of the spread sheet and assign each person a customer number. So, when I send the spread sheet to Astro, they will not get confused by the added shipping and PP percentage details as well as the higher per motor cost I have listed for shipping.

Lastly, a few guys never added the PP fee. I will email them separately. I will also be in communication with Lite to keep track of everything.

Lite, I owe you a favor. Maybe we can get together when I am up north. ;)

Matt

Drewjet=Andrew S.

Thanks

I put the details in my PayPal payment. Please could you add them to the spreadsheet, lite? Thanks.

1 x 3210 7t ; standard shaft; 3 wire.

$315 + $30 (shipping) + 4% = $359

OK. Lots of updates.

Please let me know if you seen any innaccuracies. Or can't read this smaller size. Etc...

AstroFlightGroupBuy.jpg

Matt has already been sent an email to confirm, but just to clarify - two PayPal payments completed on 12/10/09 and 12/13/09 for a total of $772.00 for:

1) AstroFlight 3220 (4 turn, 6 wire)
1) V2 Reduction unit (4:1)

Mark W. Dickey
KHYS/KU42

j3tch1u said:
my balance should be zero ($40 shipping to taiwan for drive+motor, plus $10 long shaft) so i'm gtg (good to go).

Yep, in the "Balance" column a black font indicates that you over-paid and a red font (i.e. negative number) is the amount still owed to Matt. So in your case Matt 'owed' you money in my last post. :mrgreen:

But, I didn't know your shipping was bumped to $40 because of the drive. So I will update tonight. :D
Matt, please jump in with any additional shipping charges if you know them yet! 8)

I'm sure if anyone has over-paid or under-paid by a small amount that will be fine. But if in doubt just take it up with Matt and PM me the result.

Jeff

liteCycles said:
OK. Lots of updates.

Please let me know if you seen any innaccuracies. Or can't read this smaller size. Etc...

Hi LiteCycles,

thanks for summarising. I've PM'd Matt my credit card details - so I think my balance could go to zero?

regards,

ps. I'm in the UK so overseas shipping costs need to be added, many thanks.
pps. Also both motors should be 6 wire.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your help!
liteCycles said:
You misspelled inaccuracies :p

MitchJi said:
Hi Matt,

$583 sent via Paypal:
1 Astro 3220 - Black - 7 Turn - 3 Wire
$550 + $10 for anodizing + $23 (4 percent) = $583

Mitch
Would you please add 7 turn to the spreadsheet for my 3220?

Thanks!

Mitch

MitchJi said:
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your help!
liteCycles said:
You misspelled inaccuracies :p
Oh, that's rich! :lol:

I brought a USB to work (Don't know when Matt's going to pull the trigger so I figure I'll keep posting) -
AstroFlightGroupBuy.jpg

Crap... glad I caught this before it's too late...

I will need 1 3210 - paypal friday afternoon ok?

Will edit update this post with required specs (right after I sharpen my pencil and do the long math).

Thanks!

-Mike

It is not too late.

I had 3 fires to put out (extended family stuff) over the last two days. So, I have not submitted the order. It will be today.

I also need to PM those who have spoken for motors, but not paid.

At any rate, it will be good to see how Astro responds to future requests once they get such a large order form this industry. :)

Matt

Hi liteCycles,
Following a conversation with Matt, this is my updated entry for the table:
3220, $550
7 turn,
6 wire,
Double shaft +$20
Black +$10
Shipping to UK +$40
Add 4% +$24.80
Total = $644.80 (pp sent)

Thanks,
Burtie. (Ian)

I have 7 people who wanted motors that have not paid thus far. I just sent a blanket PM to them to finalize their order.

I am calling Astro this afternoon. :)

FINALLY! :mrgreen:

Matt

Double shaft is $50 extra. :)

I just spent two hours checking and double checking my Paypal info against the spread-sheet and placing the order with Astro. There are a few minor discrepencies in the orders (small cost differences, etc) but nothing major. I will be PMing a couple guys with a few minor details.

I asked them to keep the group-buy purchase order open for 72 hours. They said that is fine. I can even keep it open longer if need be because they are closing over Christmas anyway. So, this order will not be processed untill after then. So, I can add for a while yet. I do not want to string this out too long, though. However, a few added on is fine. :)

So, now we wait.............

Matt

Hey all,

I talked with Matt.

Please list me for 1x Astro 3210, 10t, 6 wire and no anodizing or special treatment.

Shaft can be whatever Matt thinks is best as I have nothing but tapered drive sprockets yet anyway and I've had a beast of a time finding 8mm sprockets for another motor.

Thanks,
Mike

Back