AUS Melbourne spring group ride get together???

Cracker of a day. Loved the single track off road stuff, but soon realised how cheap my front fork is.
A few dropped chains on the day slowed down both mid-drives and hub bikes.
"The Wall" hill climb was insanely steep, requiring really leaning over the bars on the way up to stop the power wheelies. And a nervous descent as the bitumen was pretty loose.
The Bafang BPMs performed well and all got up, the fighters made it too with a decent run up.

I must have been nervous to use my twitchy throttle (60V 30Amps) because I ended up only using 330wh for the day.

Here are a few pics of the steads.
Video is still processing, will upload soon.
View attachment 4IMAG0079.jpgIMAG0080.jpgIMAG0081.jpgIMAG0082.jpg

Thanks everyone for a great day. Will definitely be up for the next off-road adventure.

Great day!

I particularly enjoyed racing against the yellow trike on the singletrack. A few young trees were hurt in the process :lol:

Pity I run out of time the day before and didn't properly test the adjuster plates. :oops: Oh well, no damage done - winkinatcha had a battery pack to himself and hyena will have a reason to bash mid drives. :mrgreen: Thanks brute for helping (with some brute force) to tension the chain and Sam for the lift.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Video is up, but sound is still processing.

FT. Like the thumbnail?

[youtube]vcREtj-wirc[/youtube]

For the record I got totes lost on the way there when my train unexpectedly went one way 'stead of the other, so rode approx 10km flat knacker to get to the station where I was s'posed to be... lot of road work on a little fast wind mini geared hub motor on 10a controller with 10ah 12s RC LiPo..( with a dodgy cell)... vintage chromolly road bike... Motor was still pushing at 50km/h downhill... wot or pedelec all the way baby... really notice the futuristic braking required (you have to start braking before you need to stop) on postage stamp sized rim brake pads when pushing this speeds :D

rode round in circles by myself over all parts of the park, got back intouch with the group, and found them just as I destroyed 4 5000mah Lip Bricks... (riding talking on the fone with AlanC one minute... looked down at my CA and my 12s pack was reading 30v :shock: so pedal power for me :D)

Luckily found the group and Thanks to FT's misshaps and his kindness he lent me his 50v pack... (14s) meaning I could tootle about keeping up with the others without using me poor old legs.

upshot... missed most of the ride... but caught the tail end had a blast lucky to be there woot

Joe

IMG_20130922_135841.jpg

IMG_20130922_125004.jpg

IMG_20130922_125647.jpg

IMG_20130922_134312.jpg

IMG_20130922_134419.jpg

Nice mud and single track. Here's to a few more rides this spring&summer. Thanks to Joe for picking a date and to Kepler and FT for the local knowledge.

Got half an hour of footage at home, will edit it back to something more watchable. :roll:
I did manage to get footage of Alan's trike trying to eat my swingarm, and quite a big bang that resulted on audio.

Looking forward to opening up my bafang, on my footage you can actually hear the noise start half way up the big dipper. I guess pedalling up the incline would've been good but I did want to test it out. Better get another out of my stock 8)
What do you know Kepler - my chain came off lots on video! :twisted:
Nice to get the new aluminium frame out for a proper ride. :D

[youtube]AMEUFRyN6P4[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMEUFRyN6P4&feature=share&list=UUc7tdC17mGn4r4knop56LfA

You can see Alan's trike trying to eat my rear swingarm at about 1:30. Felt like a gazelle getting hit from behind by a lion ;)

Nice pics and vids. :D

------------------------

Why do you keep posting ads Melbourne. Are you really in Australia?

EDIT: Turns out he is! :oops:

Samd said:
Why do you keep posting ads Melbourne. Are you really in Australia?

EDIT: Turns out he is! :oops:

sorry mate... hoping for a group buy in melb area. ES marketplace area always USA and $$$ to ship to OZ.

No stress - best moved over to a for sale thread though.

I was having a chuckle last night at the trailbike we came across on the group ride - there was a certain satisfaction at ten of us being able to yell at a trail bike rider - "HEY THAT'S CHEATING!" :D

Were 4 of you guys out today (Cup Day) cruising through Templestowe area?
Some of the bikes in the above vids looked familiar. Couldn't get the window down fast enough to shout a hello.

Be keen to hook up and do a ride with you if your in the inner NE suburbs of Melbourne.

Me and 3 mates were out there today.
We were out riding the Yarra single tracks and Westerfolds. Awesome fun!

Tito organise another get together?

Methinkks Yes!!

Might try to bring in a few wildcards this time...

Venues? Dates??

Westerfolds was Ace last time...

Joe

Where we went last time was awesome, hard to organise with this weather though....

Back