Bafang Hub to KT Controller phase/hall question

mongrol

100 mW
Hi Folks,
I have a new Bafang hub motor G062.1000.D connected to a KT Controller (40A sinewave). For now I've just colour matched the phase/hall wires. When taking off it's making a clunky/clicky noise and feels a bit rough which fades out once it gets up to speed and it feels reasonably smooth once over 15kmh up to about 35kmh.

Is this noise/roughness from incorrect phase/hall wiring and I presume it feels smooth at speed simply because its going so fast but in reality the incorrect phasing is totally something I want to fix as it could cause damage?

mongrol said:
Hi Folks,
I have a new Bafang hub motor G062.1000.D connected to a KT Controller (40A sinewave). For now I've just colour matched the phase/hall wires. When taking off it's making a clunky/clicky noise and feels a bit rough which fades out once it gets up to speed and it feels reasonably smooth once over 15kmh up to about 35kmh.

Is this noise/roughness from incorrect phase/hall wiring and I presume it feels smooth at speed simply because its going so fast but in reality the incorrect phasing is totally something I want to fix as it could cause damage?

When I was using my KT sine wave controller, the motor was dead silent.

Back