bafang m820 anyone has it ?

pxl666

1 kW
hey
been thinking on upgrade over tsdz2. is m820 powerful enough to climb like tsdz2 ? can it be easily programmable? and if anyone knows if it can fit Shimano mount ?

thanks . read all this but I'm still confused . it says 43v ... and still can't understand how's this besst business works...so far is looks like you need to pay for cable and besst tool and still it's a lottery if you're able to change assist levels etc...
but the biggest wtf is 43v that means motor is useless for most ppl who want to upgrade using existing bike and only change frame and motor leaving 48v battery ...

Originaly, there were 36V and 43V versions available. Now, also 48V version is available.

Yes, you can connect the motor to PC via BESST tool (that you have to buy for cca 100USD), but tuning is limited. You can't make it more powerful than it is stock. You can only tweek some setings, like how much assistance is availabe in each mode, max speed limit, etc..

I have the 43V version, but am still waiting for the frame and the battery, so I havent riden it yet.

Originaly, there were 36V and 43V versions available. Now, also 48V version is available.

Yes, you can connect the motor to PC via BESST tool (that you have to buy for cca 100USD), but tuning is limited. You can't make it more powerful than it is stock. You can only tweek some setings, like how much assistance is availabe in each mode, max speed limit, etc..

I have the 43V version, but am still waiting for the frame and the battery, so I havent riden it yet.
can you share screens of what exactly can be changed ? i dont need powerhorse , if it has 100Nm its ok for me...

You can see screenshot here:

For sure, you will not be able to get 100Nm with this motor. This is meant as a ligthweigth low to mid power motor. it is only 2.3kg.

If you want more power, look at M510, M600 or M620 motors.

And it does not fit shimano mount. You need frame specificaly for this motor ( as with vast majority of mid drive motors anyway)

You can see screenshot here:

For sure, you will not be able to get 100Nm with this motor. This is meant as a ligthweigth low to mid power motor. it is only 2.3kg.

If you want more power, look at M510, M600 or M620 motors.

And it does not fit shimano mount. You need frame specificaly for this motor ( as with vast majority of mid drive motors anyway)
i can make adapter mount . suppose it delivers more power than tsdz2 ?

Last edited:
I don't know. I have TSDZ2 with OSF, but with moderate settings (max 10A at 48V battery) and is plenty quick for me. I would assume, that M820 will be similar power. I think that 43W motor has 13A limit, at list that is writen on the sticker on the botom.

Back