Battery Bottle holder Pack wiring

jonrob

1 µW
Just asking if anyone knows how to wire into the harness with this xtrail battery to a shimano steps e 8000 e160 merida ebike?
Picture attached

jonrob said:
Just asking if anyone knows how to wire into the harness with this xtrail battery to a shimano steps e 8000 e160 merida ebike?
Picture attached

Looks like you might have forgotten to use the Attachments tab and Add Files button to attach the picture, as there is not one there. ;)

However, AFAICR the Shimano systems are all proprietary and may not work with any other parts than the ones that come with them, or official factory replacement parts for that specific system from Shimano. :( From the little info I could find, the battery and system communicate with each other over a data bus, which may use model-specific data, such that nothing other than the Steps series of batteries, possibly even only the E8000 specific batteries, would work with the E8000 system.

If the "xtrail battery" is from one of those systems, it might wire up and work, but if it is not a Shimano system battery it may not work at all on it, or may only work to power on the system and not to operate it, for instance. I poked around google for xtrail batteries, but there are quite a few systems that use that name in various ways, with very different batteries, so I couldn't tell if the one you have is even remotely similar to the Shimano system.

If the battery you have is at least the same chemistry and number of series cells (so that it's charged voltage is the same range from empty to full) as the Shimano battery would be, then if you don't mind the risk of damaging or bricking the Shimano system on the bike you could use a multimeter set to 200VDC to find out which wires are which on the Shimano cable, then the same on the battery you have, and make an adapter cable from the one to the other (if you can find appropriate connectors) or cut and splice wires directly if not.

Modifying batteries or battery wiring has the risk of damaging or destroying things or injuring you, or even starting a fire you can't put out, so if you're not certain of your ability to do these things, I recommend not doing so. :flame: :kff:

Back