BionX motor repair by Doctorbass

Great job Doc, your magnet repair is quite beautiful. I do have a question about the magnets. Are they positioned north/south, north/south, north/south, etc. around the hub. Thank you for your excellent information.

Hi all,
I bought a broken bionx motor (made for trek) for 25euro and want to try to fix it by replacing the controller.
Taken it apart went easier then expected until i noticed that one side of the axle is to big to fit through the hole of the motorcover. I tried removing the thick part (which fits in the rear dropouts and prevents the axle from turning) of the axle by turning and pulling, hoping it was removable. After that did not worlI tried pushing the axle through the whole with force. I wonder if anyone has done this before and can point out what i am missing?

The whole is i beleive about 1mm smaller than the thick axle part. Besides that the hole is a bit smaller, there is a small ledge inside the hole (see closeup photo).
I also tried to move the axle the other way to seem if the axle could be removed from the stator. But there is a small ledge that prevents any movement. See other closup

Any suggestions?

1537457263759288.jpg
153745726450684.jpg
1537457264176184.jpg

That looks like it's just a torque washer, and should just pull off the axle. Maybe it has a set screw in it's thicker part that holds it to the axle? Can't see in the pics.

The torque reaction collar (TRC) can be pulled from the axle with a tool similar to this:
https://www.bikeshophub.com/wp-content/uploads/2528-bionx-axle-collar-puller-tool-stock.jpg

Attachments

• 2528-bionx-axle-collar-puller-tool-stock[1].jpg
    2528-bionx-axle-collar-puller-tool-stock[1].jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 527
Back