BMSBattery/ECityPower Experience

I guess I must have just lucked out with my 3 separate purchases from bmsbattery.com. Well 2 were mine and 1 was my roommate. All three batteries and chargers have worked fine and it's been months.

Just ordered a couple of 24s bulk chargers from them. If there was someone else offering the same product, I wouldnt hesitate.

The postage costs are unreal

Who would you get a battery from?

I just placed an order to green bike kit. Managed to put lots of extra stuff in the box without increasing shipping. Got the package (DHL) about 5 days after ordering. All is good (except the wiring was all screwed up on one of the controllers and one of the throttles – that took days to figure out).

So quality control is crap, but they answered my questions and shipped promptly.

Interestingly, you can ship TWO front wheel kits for the same price as shipping one wheel kit. Try to get BMS to do that for you. Unfortunately two rear wheel kits won’t fit into their standard box.

bumper said:
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a q100 rear kit and the 36v bottle battery from BMS. I am getting the cheapest shipping quote at $180, fedex i think. Sound right? I think I ordered something a few years back and it was closer to $100. Thanks.

Can't ship a battery with fedex - so bump the price up to the DHL level.

Yean, $180 sounds about right. Crazy. Too bad they can't just ship surface like http://em3ev.com does. I would wait an extra couple of weeks to save $100. Of course em3ev's customer service is in a different league than BMS.

I ordered many times from them, they did a fine job mostly but one of the orders was a complete fiasco, they soldered the wires of the charger in the wrong position so as soon as i plugged it broke, they didn't take responsibility and paypal showed me how great their service is.... I had to solder it again myself and spend some € to repair it. Their prices are good but is not at all one of my trusted stores. Since they spat on my face like that i'm not surprised other members had a troublesome deal.

I was getting ready to order a battery from BMS, based on the wonderful advice of everyone here @ endless-sphere in response to my battery question post (http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49765).

I thought I would try their live chat to help me figure out how to appropriately fill out their additional fields when you order a charger, specifically one compatible with the battery i wanted.

They were very helpful and informative, but during the chat I was informed they do not have an official or written warranty. The rep asked me to basically trust them and gave me their word. Instead I printed the chat, took a screenshot, and save it for later. The short version is, I did a search on here, came up with a few threads where an unfortunate few had some issues, at which point they realized they did not have a warranty.

It seems many people order from BMSbattery.com with little issue, and the community appears to readily support them and has recommended their packs. My consumer advice is if you order from BMSbattery.com to do a live chat, and ask about the warranties before making your purchase. Print and save your conversation for your records as I have done here (see attached), so if there are any problems you at least have something from the company in 'writing'.

View attachment BMS Battery - CHAT LOG-WARRANTY.pdf
BMS Battery - CHAT LOG-WARRANTY.png

Tags: bms battery warranty bmsbattery bmsbattery.com charger

Ypedal said:
lol... warranty
on a sub 100$ item....... from china... deal with what you got .. or call it replaceable.

the cost of shipping a dead unit back is higher than buying another one.

AND WAIT FOREVER!

There prices are fair to good but there shipping is by far the most expensive and unpredictable. One order was here in 10 days, others took 3 months.

DON"T DO IT!

Dan

Not just a 100 item, a few hundred dollar battery with specs onpar with pings 48v15ah pack.

Nevertheless this is at least a searchable result with a consumer advisory.

The order I placed recently for a battery/controller went well.
They updated the order as it progressed and once it hit DHL I had access to real-time data regarding the delivery.
Everything arrived as expected and took about 2 weeks.

The reason we buy from them is because they're relatively cheap. There's a small chance that something might go wrong. If it does, the cost of sending it back to get a warranty replacement is prohibitive. In the long term, it's still a good deal, but in the short term, there's a small chance you could lose. I've now spent approaching $10, 000 with them and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I've saved a fortune compared with other sources.

You pays your money and takes your chances.

Even if they had exemplary CS, you have to send it back to china. Look into how legal it is for YOU to mail a big lithium battery, and You'll see it's not an option. Too costly anyway, even for motors and stuff. I mailed a controller to china once, and it cost about as much as just buying a new one. Cost more to air mail from this end I guess.

Other vendors take a more do it yourself attitude to battery CS, given reasonable proof you got a bad charger, or bms, they send you new ones with no flack.

But once you understand the risk vs savings, it comes out OK to buy stuff from china. In the end, it usually works out ok, unless you make bad choices, like big motor small battery.

they do not require that you send the charger back if it fails at start up. we have documented failures by email and they replaced the charger for cost of shipping out again as i recall. pucksterpete got some cash, (maybe 50%) without returning his charger and then i bot his dead charger so he was almost made whole.

i think they just have a bad rap because of previous threads trashing them. people here will gang up on them too even if they never had business with them.

stuff breaks. people break stuff too and blame it on them. they do not make this stuff, they just resell it.

rossasaurus said:
So sounds as though the GreenBikeKit Headways are genuine?
Anyone discharge test them?
I have two of the 36v 12aH Headway batteries from BMSBattery. They're more than a year old and I run one at 30 amps and the other up to 37 amps. No sign of any deterioration, and my CA has shown them go beyond 12aH. As far as I can figure out Greenbikekit get their batteries from the same source as BMSBattery.

Ordered 2 x 24s lipo bulk chargers which came to $300 delivered.

Again, 2 weeks to process/build, 1 week in shipping; and **touchwood no letter from Fedex as of yet for customs duty :)

One other thing that bugs me - A couple years ago, they accepted Credit Card direct, now they only accept PayPal. I don't do PayPal, so I can't buy from them any more.

Sunder said:
One other thing that bugs me - A couple years ago, they accepted Credit Card direct, now they only accept PayPal. I don't do PayPal, so I can't buy from them any more.

More likely the credit card companies stopped them from having accounts. There are places round here where they've done that - including a local Indian takeaway.

why not use paypal? you can transfer money at no charge, and stick it on your credit card through the paypal account. then nobody is rooked for the cost of the transfer like the credit cards charge.

The seller always pays fee's, there is no free lunch by using Paypal.

dnmun said:
why not use paypal? you can transfer money at no charge, and stick it on your credit card through the paypal account. then nobody is rooked for the cost of the transfer like the credit cards charge.

A few years ago, as part of my IT security job, I worked in fraud and financial crime. The stuff I saw about how PayPal worked scared me off using them.

They've improved since then, but I still prefer a bank's method of handling fraud and lost credit card details than Paypal's

Back