BMSBattery/ECityPower Experience

At 250w, there is no noticable difference imo... i have one here from MXUS on a sample kit using PAS ( pedal assist sensor )...

My loose understanding of this is that it could help with efficiency on high power setups, and have various other benefits i'm not qualified to explain...

I got the s12 500w version, works fine, More about it here http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46608&start=50#p802400
Got it going easily enough in the end, was just a dumb ebrake wiring mistake.
The S12 version is still pretty small, just looks big in the picture.

Silly question maybe, but I searched here after it wasn't clear on the BMSBattery site.... These controllers can be run throttle only, and do current control in proportion to throttle position, rather than voltage control, yes?

Two (2) BPM 48v-500 hubs, two 12 FET controllers, disc brakes and parts was my forth order with BMS Battery.

The 201rpm were out of stock for a few days, but when the came in they FEDEX the shipment from China to Pennsylvania USA and I had them in two days... (three days if you count time zone differences)

I have purchased batteries, numerous parts, two (2) 26 inch 48v BPM wheels and two (2)48v BPM and four (4) 12 FET controllers... they were all packed well and shipped promptly along with the best prices I could find on the www

:D with BMS Battery

I do not work for BMS Battery and I have found BMS and most other Chinese suppliers as honest and endeavoring to give good service. Unfortuntally there are language and cultural differences that need consideration when dealing with Asian companies

My Makita's from 2008 are still working FYI :) Two packs died 3 years ago but I had them replaced for next to nothing by Makita.

Getting ready to up-date my Dual Fast-Wind Cute Rocky Mountain(switching to a CST rear hub, adding PAS, trying out the sine-wave controllers w/ displays, etc.) and ordered these items(and a few extras) on June 14. The parts total came to around $400 and the least expensive shipping option (CNSFEDEX ) was $100(Bare hub, no built wheel and no batteries).
My order shipped on June 16 th. and I just received it today, the 19 th.!!
Sure beats the heck out of my last BMS Battery order, which took more than a month to arrive.
Everything was well packed and nothing is missing.
I'm impressed!!!

I've had some good luck with BMS also. The two orders I made were about 150 USD each and came in about a week. Controllers and parts. This was in Feb. Maybe they are trying harder?
otherDoc

I've ordered a couple things this year and it was about 1 week delivery to NYC. I just keep it simple and cheap with these guys. Bare motor, Alloy charger, etc.

I generally don't trust their descriptions or documentation without several emails to verify claims and/or sort out potential language barriers. If in doubt, wait for more info or buy someplace else.

Well, that sucks for me. I ordered 9 days ago, a complete kit and a few extras such as another controller, not sent yet :/

Batteries normally slow things down a bit, and also motors built into wheels. Bare motors, controllers, chargers, etc come very quickly.

That's really impressive. I've never heard of BMSbattery shipping so quickly. Maybe it was an accident…

It's kinda like chinese food, you know, when you order it and then it comes almost too fast...

My latest order for a battery and some other stuff was placed on 13th June and was despatched today, which is about the same as all my other recent orders. That's about 2 weeks from ordering to receiving. Chargers, bare motors and other stock stuff is despatched very quickly.

elementary said:
I do not work for BMS Battery and I have found BMS and most other Chinese suppliers as honest and endeavoring to give good service. Unfortuntally there are language and cultural differences that need consideration when dealing with Asian companies

So far I have found BMSBattery good to work with. I incorrectly ordered a 240v charger and they noticed I live in US and contacted me to be sure that's what I wanted. Then they provided shipping information after the item shipped. It did take them 2 weeks to ship, but I expected at least that long.

all of us, I think many of them here. we all know BMS battery story too well. it is indeed a betting, if you are bad luck, your order will never arrival. at he the same time you order items will be cost more$ , that seller will you , oh. your postal isn't enough. please top up some money here. there is no 100% clear cut, buying from them are very risky, and the actual cost are not 100% guarantee after you have paid them. so it a very high risky choice .

My experience's have been okay but my bar is set very low.

Majority of pitfalls stem from language misunderstandings IMO. Their translated descriptions and poorly organized photos often seem to be a mess so it's always a couple of emails to clarify specs and even then I take any "reply" with a grain of salt.

So yes, it's a gamble - that's why I'll probably never risk more than I can afford to lose ordering from BMS.

I understand that this specific controller case won't fit on every bike, but it's just funny to see the sentence "Please don't buy it." in an item description.
Nice little chuckle to start my day. Hopefully yours too. :lol:

bmsbattery.png

technically the sentence starting with "because" is a subordinate clause that can't stand on its own, but hey, they still did better than a lot of the english speakers I know :D

It is also a get out clause, if you bought one and cant fit it, its not their fault, you are not clever enough!

Tench said:
It is also a get out clause, if you bought one and cant fit it, its not their fault, you are not clever enough!

That's the ultimate get out clause!

"Hey man, we TOLD you not to buy it!"

BMS Battery - I grade 'em B for effort and D for communication. Translation is not one of their strong suits....

Too bad really, I like many of their products but gotta tread super-careful with these guys because there's no returning whatever you get.

This one's a good laugh!

Back