Bought a bike, thought it would be an easy fix. 🤦‍♂️

bob_cbr

10 µW
So, bought a second hand ebike, but it did not have a downtube battery. No problem, I will slap on an existing DIY battery and just wire it into the Hailong connector. These 5 pin Hailong connectors normally only have Pos & Neg connected but this one has all the pins wired up to the controller.

So I wire up the main positive & Negative, the LCD screen all works, reports speed, but the is no assist from the motor :p

Does any know what i need to send to these three pins (Red, Yellow, green)? Found some details which i will detail below.

Google gives me next to nothing back for the controller: LSW943-190f (2018)
IMG_20240510_182901.jpg

IMG_20240514_141042.jpg

The only thing I could find on the internet was:
1715699798147.png
Which looks correct, but I'm still not sure were to go from here. Maybe send 5v to the controller on the red "Battery info" pin?

The wiring diagram appears to show pins 3/2 yellow and green providing +ve and -ve to the LCD, pins 5/1 providing the same to the controller. And I'm guessing pin 4 the blue is a switched +ve to power the controller on/off assuming the battery was where the bike on/off switch was. But i'd definitely do some more researching before applying battery voltage to anything you're not sure of...

Googling the g3m20211 brings up quite a few results, might find more info that way.

Is this a factory ebike or converted bike? It’s possible that the power on/off function turns on both the controller and battery.
There are some Lishui controller experts on the forum, so maybe they can provide some insights.

Back