Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting affect of bananas.

Dog ate 3 very ripe bananas, he soon started humping vigourously the trash can.

I ate 3 ripe bananas, the results after waking up 3 hours later were noticeable.

DAND214 said:
I know you know what is going on, but did they survey the property?
Would be a real bitch doing all that work to find you are in the wrong area.

Dan

I surveyed the property just fine, 150' tape measure made sure I knew where my property lines were.

I plan on getting a real survey before I install a fence, lol.

When a 200 foot pine tree falls, does the whole thing land on your land? Do you understand about measuring your shadow and the shadow of the tree to estimate the height?

swbluto said:
DAND214 said:
Ok, what?

Dan
he's making fun of my word choice, and i'm responding to him as if he wasn't and he obviously knew my very visible intention with that sentence.

Actually I was referring to nuke school itself, where you WEREN'T living in a van parked down by the river. Not to mention the future, either in or out of the military. That was a good thing in the palm of your hand that you let slip away.

It's a good thing you don't want to be Border Patrol, they won't take you now.

swbluto said:
. . . . I was getting angry at the jews on wall street enriching themselves with their bigger NYC mansions at the expense of the newly homeless across the nation. . .

Yeah, right, knock it off about the Jews in general. You want to squawk about Israel, etc., you SAY Israel, etc. No foolishness about the 'Worldwide Jewish Conspiracy.' Especially where Wall Street is concerned, this place that they DO NOT CONTROL.

swbluto said:
. . . .So, I figured that I shouldn't get angry at things in general. . . .

That's more about getting psycho in general. Karma. Payback, etc. You don't have any idea what went on that she died.

DAND214 said:
I know you know what is going on, but did they survey the property?
Would be a real bitch doing all that work to find you are in the wrong area.

Dan

It would be funny, though. Seemingly in character.

swbluto said:
Interesting affect of bananas.

Dog ate 3 very ripe bananas, he soon started humping vigourously the trash can.

I ate 3 ripe bananas, the results after waking up 3 hours later were noticeable.

So you could at least post the picture of the trash can you found the results of your sleeping with so noticeable.

Dauntless said:
When a 200 foot pine tree falls, does the whole thing land on your land? Do you understand about measuring your shadow and the shadow of the tree to estimate the height?

swbluto said:
DAND214 said:
Ok, what?

Dan
he's making fun of my word choice, and i'm responding to him as if he wasn't and he obviously knew my very visible intention with that sentence.

Actually I was referring to nuke school itself, where you WEREN'T living in a van parked down by the river. Not to mention the future, either in or out of the military. That was a good thing in the palm of your hand that you let slip away.

Lol, yeah right! The fates took away any choice I had. I've long learned as long as my direction is at the mercy of others, it goes downhill fast because THERE IS NO MERCY... when it's AT MY MERCY it skyrockets like Apollo 13 as I'm seeing now.

To put it bluntly, I'm a high achiever which others tend to resent when I'm proud of my achievements. Out here in the real world, some might resent me, but they can't derail me that's for dang sure! Haters will be haters and that's the most they can do. The cute young girls tend to be more appreciative than the old hags around me, lol.

The average age of the property owners in this area is like 60-70 years old... the only twenty-thirty somethings are renters or children living with their parents. So, you see, I'm doing much better than the average in this part of the city.

In this area I'm currently in, it's something like 40 to 60 years old, because it's a little more affordable with the smaller lots. The 40 year olds typically have small children.

swbluto said:
Dauntless said:

Lol, yeah right! The fates took away any choice I had. I've long learned as long as my direction is at the mercy of others, it goes downhill fast because THERE IS NO MERCY... when it's AT MY MERCY it skyrockets like Apollo 13 as I'm seeing now.

And your own behavior had nothing to do with it. Amazing how much you hear that from certain types.

Every advantage in the past is judged in the light of the final issue.
Demosthenes

Let bygones be bygones, we're looking forward to an awesome future!

At one point I might've waxed nostalgic, but when so many great things are happenings and the future is looking so great, it's hard to focus on past disappointments. And, I really don't think of them as "disappointments", I think of them more like "personal attacks" from others, so not really something I feel any sense of personal responsibility about. I don't feel responsible for people who apparently are my natural enemies living with me and exploiting every opportunity to throw me under the bus. That's THEM, not ME.

Kind of like girls. I could focus on that girl I had unproductively wasted so much time on(Girls who were my natural enemies), or I could focus on the girls I had so much better relations with, like the HEB chick (girls who were true friends, thus true love.). Which do you think I've been paying attention more to?

The world is comprised of 'natural friends' and 'natural enemies', and that's just the way it is.

Enemies are the ones who share all the bad news, and none good news. And they throw you under the bus.

Friends are the opposite, the good and the bad. And the bad is not usually attacking in nature, it tends to be more personal. And they help you.

And then you have the neutral people... the people who don't know you yet...

Funny, someone mentioned the state department's warning on mexico...

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html

In light of this Alabama Doctor's murder in Mexico...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/82ad32a3-2ac6-3495-8dfc-1f7a1f480c06/ss_alabama-doctor-dies-after.html

And... funny reading this... it seems like I'm seeing warnings very apt for this "illegal mexican" neighborhood.

Namely:

Violent crime, such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery, is widespread.

Homicide and robbery, what do you know!!!

And what possibly increases the risk of this?

Do not display signs of wealth, such as wearing expensive watches or jewelry.

Well, that's what I've noticed. When I'm walking around with the "hunter's pride" body language, boy, the illegals next door seem to be getting murderous, while the cute girls keep looking my way.

All because of that "wealth body language".

O’Byrne was reportedly found left dead in a ditch by friends in Puerto Vallarta and flown back to the U.S

Interesting, my parents just took a cruise down there just like 2 years ago...

They liked it and the wineries of the area.

------------

interesting, looks like the doctor visited an area okayed by the US government.

Jalisco state – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
There are no restrictions on U.S. government employees for stays in the following tourist areas in Jalisco state: Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, Chapala, and Ajijic.

but maybe he went to a gambling place...

U.S. government employees are prohibited from patronizing adult clubs and gambling establishments in Jalisco.

Dauntless said:

No it probably won't. That's why I /should/ follow it and segment it and potentially retrieve all the pieces...

Or I could just leave them there hoping no one notices...

Another good video on wedging for directional control. Seems like they take the standard 'notch and backcut' approach, applying the wedges to the backcut. specifically has a video for "small tree", "large tree" and "directional control".

[youtube]PhDHYyD5i7o[/youtube]

One of the nice things about running the generator with a long cord and the electric chainsaw....

No fumes. Sometimes a whiff.

mexico-road-trip-mem-1050x550.jpg

swbluto said:
. . . . I really don't think of them as "disappointments", I think of them more like "personal attacks" from others, so not really something I feel any sense of personal responsibility about.

So how many times in your life have you said 'NOW look what you made me go and do. . . ?"

swbluto said:
. . . . or I could focus on the girls I had so much better relations with, like the HEB chick (girls who were true friends, thus true love.).

Whom you keep calling a psychopath. Although you never actually knew her.

swbluto said:
And then you have the neutral people... the people who don't know you yet...

If they're natural enemies or natural friends they're never neutral. But DAMN. . . .

So what is wrong with you and other people that they keep acting like other people are supposed to apologize for things they want them to apologize for? Such as expecting an apology for telling the truth? https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/02/politics/orrin-hatch-obamacare-comments/index.html 'stupidest, dumbass people' wasn't good enough for them? Did they only want to be called 'Dorks?' Why would there even be a 'stupidest, dumbass' headline 'Sorry not sorry: John Kelly doesn't think he has anything to apologize for' in this world? So people like you think telling the truth is a 'PERSONAL ATTACK?'

crumbs-1050x550.jpg

Dauntless said:
Whom you keep calling a psychopath. Although you never actually knew her.

Precisely why that was true love, we were identical in that respect. (I don't really think I'm a pure psychopath... I think mostly the youngest people are the more psychopathic... the most impoverished...)

swbluto said:
So what is wrong with you and other people that they keep acting like other people are supposed to apologize for things they want them to apologize for? Such as expecting an apology for telling the truth?

I'm not looking for an apology, I'm looking for someone who isn't out to get me because it'll let them have the room all to themselves. That guy WAS a grade A psychopath, no sympathy or understanding for people struck by illnesses they didn't deserve or anything. He specialized in reselling guns, he essentially was a weapons obsessed psycho in his previous life.

In truth, as soon as I left nuke school and moved onto DTP... which was like summer camp... life got so much better, lol.

literally, bummed around doing really nothing for 7 hours, then you had the entire evening to do whatever the heck you wanted. My best friend and I often took trips around town visiting crap.

images

He must feel it's some great achievement to catch a swamp rat.

swbluto said:
. . . .when it's AT MY MERCY it skyrockets like Apollo 13 as I'm seeing now.

I missed that the first time. You know what happened to Apollo 13, right? Ironically, they, too, said "Houston we have a problem."

swbluto said:
To put it bluntly, I'm a high achiever which others tend to resent when I'm proud of my achievements. Out here in the real world, some might resent me, but they can't derail me that's for dang sure! Haters will be haters and that's the most they can do. The cute young girls tend to be more appreciative than the old hags around me, lol.

What did you ever achieve? This 16% nonsense you babble about, it won't be anything to be proud of, especially if you live in a van parked down by the river for a decade to save up a small amount of money like that. You're throwing your life away on perfidy.

So I was thinking about stuff you edited out of that post about your roommate not wanting to be around all you diseases and all. Is THAT what your section 8 was for? Being a hypochondriac? Were you like that when you enlisted? You STILL went to nuke school?

So my Dad PROBABLY wasn't a hypochondriac at age 23 when he got his masters and went in the Army. Nearly 2 decades before I was born he woke up in a hospital. He had bee working in a machine room, I couldn't say if there were big coils in there, vacuum tubes, whatever. But when someone turned the thing on while he was still in there it knocked him cold. He said that people did die when that happened, so he was lucky to be alive, right?

A lot of people wouldn't consider over 30 years with a doomsday clock going in his head to be so lucky. Long before they found cancer he said he had it. And his problems mounted before at last he cancer surgery while I was still in grade school. Dad was no hypochondriac, he merely knew the consequences of what had happened to him.

Now, how were you going to keep that disorganized head of yours together around nuclear power? You deliberately went in to work with that? NO WONDER they felt they had to get rid of you: If you were already acting like that in school, what would you turn into on assignment?

But then, DTP? You let them experiment on you? How could a hypochondriac let them test drugs on him? Flabbergasted.

Dang, what do you suppose she got that medal for? She sure looks like she ACHIEVED SOMETHING!

DTp32M-X0AA-u5t.jpg

[youtube]SRwrg0db_zY[/youtube]

I already made more than the median income of Houston last year and I definitely made more than the military, and this is my 3rd year in "meaningful business/employment" since the start of the great recession, so...

By all measures, I'm kicking butt and nothing my detractors say can dissuade me of that undeniable truth.

These humble beginnings I view as "the struggle", and what journey would have any perspective without "the struggle" at the beginning?

You know what led to this incredible success path? When I was driving home on that long lonely road from nukeschool wondering what the heck I was going to do with my life, I figured out the purpose was TO CREATE, got the frissons having that epiphany; I arrived to this conclusion after reviewing the kinds of things I personally buy and assumed there were many like me. The military was all about TO DESTROY, the exact opposite of my spirit animal, the importance of which I had underestimated. See, I was the kid building sandcastles, not the other kids going around knocking down others' sand castles. It was a misfortune that my roomate was this sandcastle kickers themselves, but I see the forces attracted exactly the kind of people they wanted to begin with... destroyers...

And Apollo 13 seems like an incredibly apt analogy, upon further review. They too experienced "The struggle" but they still came out alive at the end, lol. And they got to see the stars, you can't forget that. Maybe they didn't complete the mission objective, but you can't deny they got incredibly far.

This article on this weightlifting 80 year old who's at the peak of health.

Weightlifting, got plenty of that carrying the heavy tree segments to where they need to be! My biceps are incredibly massive as they are.

Between the weight room and the forest, I'd think rather think I'd do weight lifting in the forest! Much better scenery. :mrgreen:

[youtube]Dk0JSn5WDTE[/youtube]

Some excellent guidelines here, including calculating the appropriate hinge width (10% of the trunk diameter 4 feet above ground), and how the different approaches compare. He recommends the plunge cut to create the exact hinge width instead of doing a standard backcut, which can be somewhat more error prone.

As always, good to find a good story as it relates to a well-known dissatisfying action, like sandcastle kicking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LetsNotMeet/comments/4wrpl4/sandcastle_kicker/

He saw we were gone, turned around several times, checking to see if we were in the ocean, or up by the dunes. Once he realized (and thankfully didn’t notice us there) we were gone he got extremely angry. Noticeably angry. He started huffing and puffing, stomping around. Then he looked at our sandcastles and kicked all of them down! We built a TON over the course of the day and basically had a long wall of them. And he kicked every single mound down and stormed away.

I chuckled in schadenfreude.

swbluto said:
The military was all about TO DESTROY, the exact opposite of my spirit animal, the importance of which I had underestimated. See, I was the kid building sandcastles, not the other kids going around knocking down others' sand castles.

So it was I guess about 9 months into WWII when a Japanese observation plane brought back a picture that the intelligence people were having a hard time understanding. It made sense that the Americans were building an airstrip, but what was that machine? They didn't have anything like that in Japan. They may not have known what a tractor was, but they sure understood that the American way was faster and more effective that their own method of slave labor with handtools. The report filed reflected doom and gloom at the ability of the American military to build and their own lack of the same.

So the Navy was well trained to a man at putting out fires on American ships, while 3 of the 4 aircraft carriers the Japanese lost at the Battle of Midway were due to their own inability to put fires out. The SeaBees then proceeded to Guadalcanal and the Solomon Islands to build whatever they needed to end the war.

You like making handcrafts. Sure, have fun. It doesn't bother you to live poorly. Sure, have fun. Can't afford a tire or a van that isn't near death, what do you care? But don't waste time saying you're this rich successful businessman. I'm hardly rich, but I'm getting through this period without steady employment. What kills me is the realizing how bleak the prospects are. I can't daydream about nonsense and be content while things are at least not crumbling around me just yet but that's obviously in the future if I can't straighten matters out. I don't have the baggage you've created for yourself, yikes, all this motivational talk from you at times about trying to WILL yourself to do something. But it seems you're just trying to bluff harder.

You're not going to fantasize your way through. Good luck facing reality.

Dauntless said:
You're not going to fantasize your way through. Good luck facing reality.

Good thing you mentioned fantasy, because this girl knows that "real life fantasies" do exist.

[youtube]1bVYgYW6410[/youtube]

You know how I became the HEB chick's real life fantasy? I saw an opportunity and didn't hold myself from taking it and I SEIZED IT.

In business, it's literally not much different. You go around finding opportunity and then YOU SEIZE IT.

So, you don't mind me saying, just as I was the HEB chick's real life fantasy, I'm my own real life fantasy.

But, if you want to get technical on the financial matters, it's good to have exceeding control of your expenses. This might be a problem over in california for people in a situation similar to yours.

Here's one possibility. Liquidate your assets and then invest in one of these puppies...

0303_nws_sbs-l-jtbox-9.jpg

You'll be living like a king and you'd still be within a 200 mile radius of Los Angeles for those weekend trips.

Of course you can do something fancier, and build yourself a proper wooden box like me. It's only really designed to be temporary in my case, minimal investment in this property so I can put more money in the property I intend making my home.

Just cleared the brush out today getting ready to take down 3 large trees that are leaning in a risky direction towards my construction site and need to take another tree down that appears like it will catch one of the large 200 foot trees early in the fall.

I want to keep the tree, but keeping it up looks like it'd be risky for the chainsaw operator as the tree falls. Might also be risky for the neighbor's fence.

Their goats were gathering towards me against my neighbors fence as I was taking down the small trees with the loppers, it looked like they licking their chops at the falling leaves, lol.

I would've been inclined feeding them some leaves, but I knew my neighbors were watching me sooooo....

[youtube]BQRPfrgQHNw[/youtube]

I told everyone I cut down trees for exercise, and someone referenced this song...

lol...

What...

He's gay?

Is lumberjacking a gay profession? lol.

Google doesn't suggest it. And I definitely know I'm not gay.

Now the navy... THAT is a gay profession.

Both sluts are overrepresented in the navy (I'd say 20%) as well as gay people (I'd say 5-10% of males.).

I'd almost suspect sluts and gay people are disproportionately attracted to the navy for the same reason... all those navy men with pent up sexual frustration on those long deployments... willing to deviate for the sake of release...

[youtube]yTXs8zPHuzw[/youtube]

It's funny watching this online and not being affected at all by it, but the HEB chick doing something very similar this in front of me with her HEB uniform on...

Ohhhhh.... I'm biting my hand, lol.

I guess it has a much different affect in person.

Reviewing the sense in Trump's steel&aluminum tariff act.

So, steel and aluminum producers in America come back to life, like Kaiser aluminum out of Spokane that historically employed 700 (But now just a metallic ghost of its former self).

Manufactured goods that use steel and aluminum go up in price. So, quantity demanded from manufacturers will go down.

So, manufacturer employment will go down.

How much so, and how do these industries compare really depends on Labor Productivity.

If manufacturing has a really high labor productivity (Advanced CNC machines and the such), then a reduction in quantity demanded might have a negligible affect of manufacturing employment.

But, by my rough estimate, I see manufacturing facilities here in Houston that easily employ 100-200, and there's definitely more than one, so the effect on manufacturing employment would likely be significant.

And, if the aluminum producers have low labor productivity, then the increase in employment could be significant.

Not really knowing the labor productivity between the two sectors, if I'd have to guess, I'd guess there'd be a net loss in jobs. Seems like the labor productivity of aluminum/steel producers is rather high with their really high capital investments, and they are so few in number in comparison to manufacturing facilities.

Really, it seems like employment would benefit more from targeting imported manufactured goods if he was really concerned with USA employment numbers and leave the steel and aluminum producers alone, since manufacturing employs far more than steel/aluminum producers, even if both sectors were at "full capacity"(All domestic demand satisfied by those two domestic industries).

These would be the so-called "Middle jobs"(Fed paper terms) that the country has lost in the millions ever since Ross Perot's days and the sucking sound he describes.

[youtube]Rkgx1C_S6ls[/youtube]

For a concrete example, let's go with the i-phone. The demand for that product produces at least 50,000 manufacturing jobs, probably more.

Critics argue "But the price of i-phones would go up!".

But, au contraire, this is where you're wrong.

See, there's two different pricing strategies that businesses use, generally speaking.

cost of manufacture + % markup.

and...

Price that the market will bear.

Hospitals and iphones both use the latter pricing strategy. (And in the case of hospital, in a great many of cases, they arguably use the "Price the market can't bear", probably one of the largest causes of bankruptcy in this country in the older demographics.)

Those little $20 dollar Trac Phones use the former pricing strategy.

So, the trac phone would be significantly impacted in price since it's based on cost of manufacture, while the iphone would not (Since it's not based on cost of manufacture, it's whatever they feel like people will pay for snob appeal, and snob appeal doesn't go without a high price.).

I think I'm going to go with 6 foot pickets. $3 per foot vs $5 per foot with 8 foot pickets.

That implies that it's extra $2 per foot with 8 foot pickets.

What if... I put something up that would add an extra foot, which is about a square foot of material.

what's the cost per sq. foot?

7/16 treated osb = 50 cents per. sqft.

So OSB seems like it'd be a more cost effective fence lengthening solution.

But... now about that look and feel...

Think maybe I'd add osb to the bottom... would probably look better.

But it'd be a possible weakpoint for entry, too...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4275066/Parents-reveal-reasons-resent-children.html

I felt unwanted and unloved from as young as 3 to 4 years old. My family told me I was crazy until after a lifetime of gaslighting, emotional and physical abuse, I was told on their death-beds that yes, they did indeed try to abort me. I just knew it all my life. And after growing up being the target of lies and subterfuge from them, of course I recognize all the signs in our president. I survived. I don't think America will.

Someone said "Yes, you are indeed crazy, increase your meds and stay offline.".

What? lol.

What the heck is crazy about this girl? It doesn't seem like a huge surprise to me that so-called-crazy-people (We're not talking about true crazies like schizophrenia, those people are merely "creative" in the popular conscious.) would tend to be unloved, especially since the word itself is reserved as a pejorative to be used on the unloved, lol.

I can think of one such stereotype, autism. Unloved "crazy" people.

However... based on this girl's message...

I get the sense this girl might be BPD. The "nobody loves me" disorder.

Which might be true.

Or it could be a confirmation bias coexisting with a low self esteem.

Strangely, just like the anorexic girl, I'm feeling attracted to this girl. I just want to nurture and help this girl out, the underdog females.

Just like the HEB chick? Almost seemed like it, yes.

And her username, Capacodia, has interesting ancient roots.

And it's a region in turkey,lol.

cappadocia.jpg

you know, I kept hearing shooting in the nearby areas this saturday.

This behavior seemed VERY FAMILIAR to the illegals in this neighborhood. Rapid fire emptying the clips kind of shooting, not really aiming at anything as far I could tell.

So I wondered... are they trying to intimidate me?

I thought about what's different.

Well, these guys are clearly at least 150 feet away.

My neighbor would often trespass on the nearby vacant lots and get within 50 feet away.

And my little house is positioned such that they would be forced to trespass on my property to get within 130 feet of me.

So unlike here, they CAN'T GET CLOSE TO ME WITHOUT TRESPASSING.

So, if they were trying to intimidate me, it's not nearly as effective because they aren't nearly as close.

One of the benefits of owning a large property.

I don't know if they were intimidating or not, all I know is that they were awfully trigger happy for unknown reasons.

Unlike my neighbor who positioned his house to the back of the property, I'm putting mine towards the front left corner. I want as much backyard as possible, primarily for farmland potential, but I additionally also recognize for the separation distance potential benefit with would be assailants.

Seems like my neighbor resolved this "distance separation" concern by buying the properties behind his. Mine will have that built in by way of an extensive backyard.

Hmmm... interesting...

appears like the same guy owns about 1.5 acres stretched across 3 lots behind mine...

Makes me wonder if he's doing all the shooting on this fine Saturday morning...

a little "private hunting property" which is not entirely uncommon in this area.

Makes me think I shouldn't go past my property lines in the back, lol.

Saw a video of a fence building,a texas girl saying it's 6:30 a.m. and this is how it's done in Texas!

YEP!

As soon as I get it up, I'm straight to work because the cool morning only lasts for so long.

Come summer, there's no more cool mornings...

At some point, I should make it a habit to get up at 6-6:30 a.m., after I move in.

Right now, I'm stopped by the morning taco place which effectively doesn't open until 7:30 a.m.

My neighbor has an established habit of lying to deflect blame on himself, I noticed.

The first time... "Oh the neighbor called the cops on you"... yeah right, considering they arrived like 20 minutes after they passed by, lol.

Then, recently, he blamed his wife which then made me think 'Wow, she's a f'ing bitch! I feel sorry for you buddy!" and then I started really think lowly of him for having married such a sorry excuse of a woman and putting up with that kind of behavior.

Turns out, it was actually him. Gee, if he just told me that to begin with, I would have had no problems with that, especially since I was completely understanding since I thought the work myself was kind of sorry, lol. So, yeah, this guy can be trusted AS LONG AS HE'S NOT BLAMING SOMEONE ELSE, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back