Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the original formula based on the data, fixed + 17.5*sqft, is probably better because I believe it includes taxes.

If I took the 20.5k figure and added 10% tax, it'd be 22k just like the original formula predicted.

So, 768 sqft...

7000+17.5*768 = $20440.

--------------

Tingling in your extremities, see your doctor.

Yep, like penis, left pinky and ring finger...

------------

The train rolling by 2 hours ago, for some reason, it liked carrying that loud noisemaker going down the tracks. Right when I was falling asleep and here I am up 2 hours later. Was that the same train wailing because of Houston resident, george bush's, funeral train earlier...

Started thinking, if I didn't plan on finishing this house off right away... (Though, would be nice to get drywall done before end of feb), I could just finish off the other planned house and move all my crap over there and then finish this one off. I could move back in if I preferred. This way, no need for a shed.

For getting drywall done by february, think maybe I'd want to create a shed. Just that I project a 300 sqft. shed would be $1500, so not a minor cost.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-consider-the-80s-as-the-best-decade-Excluding-nostalgia

Why do people consider the 80's as the best decade? Excluding nostalgia.

Can you exclude nostalgia? I have a theory that pop culture always rejects the previous decade and “re-discovers” the one before (that had hitherto been rejected). Nostalgia is definitely part of that.

Uhhh, yeah, I'm not dreaming of the 90s. The 80s is where it's at, lol.

What happened then. The modern personal computer effectively was invented during that time. It was an exciting time for a developer.

Had many of the greatest songs created then. Much more than the 90s, by faaaar.

I think when the internet was invented, is when the world went culturally down the toilet. Because the common man now had a voice, lol, which isn't exactly known for its culture, lol. I kid, likely because people were more bonded in an age where home video games, computers and cell phones weren't a serious attention-stealing contender to real life. Arcades were widely preferred, which didn't tend to be solitary with everyone going there. I experienced the "arcade with friends" effect once during bootcamp and, yes, it was pretty happening. The ambiance, mellow and spirited.

---------------

so 16 inch centers, 32 feet.

32*12/16 = 24 +1 for the end = 25x 8 foot 2x6s vs 21x for the 24 OC.

An additional 12 more 8foot 2x6s, an extra $80 dollars. Kind of a minor upgrade expense to a total projected cost of 20,000.

-----------------

woke up after 2 hours this morning, felt pretty alive and circulation seemed to be great judging from the wood.

Stood up, what's that burning sharp sensation in my chest?

Could be gerd.

But my carotid pain seems to be pretty frequent today, compared to previous days.

So who knows.

Laura branigan died at 31 of vascular issues, aneurysm. And seemed like half the "180+ IQ" kids in Leta Hollingworth's book died before the age of 30, many due to various medical reasons. So, I'm well aware of the possibility.

---------------

After a spate of character assassinations following USPS apparently taking a 5 day weekend over thanksgiving, I got a character description instead today.

"Not super warm and fuzzy, but timely and efficient".

Yep, german is in my blood. No wonder why that german girl and I felt like natural kin.

When the poor girl from tacoma initiated the attack, I mused that she was going to get quickly buried. But by what exactly... copycats. That's not good. Well, she did inspire assault for a little while, but that went to the wayside today. HAHA SUCKERR!!!!!!

I'm fully expecting getting negged to hell at the very end, whoever silps thru the cracks or whomever the usps takes their dear loving time getting them their package, and the blame goes directly to me for it. Then it's time to switch out the listings for a fresh slate. They might have changed that recently. It's how I used to hide negative feedback when I wanted a "fresh start", because negative feedback can basically kill whatever meager volume exists thru the year, and that's bad when it's basically your sole source of income. I'm hoping to change that with expansion. Diversify my offerings.

----------------------

It's funny, okcupid tells me someone liked me, might find them in double.

Ok...

*like, like, like, like, like,like, like, like...*ding* you found a match.*

This girl is interesting. Not because of her looks or provocations, but her personality seems to be a lot like mine. I'm not going to assume that really means anything, but it'd be interesting to find out if it did.

Wait what...

Sports: I play non-competitively in the following, Dog Agility Training, Swimming, Rollerblading, Tennis, Racquet Ball, Soccer, Surfing, Hiking, Camping, Skiing, Jet Skiing, Pole Dancing, sword fighting, shooting, crossfit.

Is she implying she's an undisclosed stripper? lol.

She admits to having panic disorder. mhmmm... I can't say I have panic disorder, but I do get great anxiety when overwhelmed by seemingly impossible to meet deadlines amid hundreds of customers. But I'm managing this year. I pushed the deadline a bit easier to ensure I wouildn't be stressing out about meeting the goal. Seems like the cumulative work stress has been taxing my system BIG TIME.

-------------

I think it's best to get all the wood now.

But, I think I want to hold off on purchases to conserve cash.

Will need to fill out taxes to see what I'll need to spend to minimize my taxable income. Would like to arrange it to maximize the amount of cash I have in hand, for flexibility. If I see a really good opportunity, I don't want "not enough cash" being a reason from not catching it. Then, if a construction expense comes up (Say, flooring, cabinets, etc.), I can spend it on that as needed. Since I don't think I'll have enough to complete both, I'd prefer nearly completing one (And preferably the better/larger one) and keeping capital on hand for opportunity chasing.

I need to get the "business income" directly down. The standard deduction, now more generous at 12,000, doesn't reduce my self-employment tax so that provision doesn't really help me much. (But it would reduce the hypothetical Adjusted taxable income, so the income tax. But, if I were paying minimal self-employment tax, I'd also be paying no federal taxes anyway, regardless of the standard deduction.)

The IRS rationale for deducting materials for a resale property, is they would get their taxes when it sells. And since it'd sell at a much higher price than what I spent on the materials, they stand to potentially make way more money. So they have no qualms with me taking investment deductions now, since they stand to make more later.

I could scale back the house to a smaller size and complete both. I suppose it'd still be "rentable" with that approach, but have my doubts it'd be marketable for sale as is, would probably need expansion. The 768 seems like it could plausibly sell with 3 bedrooms, without further expansion.

------------------

Finishing off 20 years in the reserves for a military pension. What kind of pension is that? Anywhere near a normal military pension. Not that it really matters to me, my best bet at retirement income is income-producing investments.

REITS, building rental properties, dividend stocks. Building rental properties doesn't seem to have the same intensive capital requirements like REITs and dividend stocks do, so it's more easily attainable... hypothetically... for the next 20 years.

Make no mistake, I'm fully aware of the idea of "physical working age" for businesses like construction. Right now is when I'm most capable of fully doing it, and it'd foolish to let the opportunity to go to waste (Unless better opportunities were to be had, of course.). The only thing I'm somewhat dismayed by is capital requirements at the start, causing significant delay, but ideally that resolves in time. (A man could hypothetically benefit far more from his working years if he could start at 22, and not 31.)

---------------

I SUSPECT some girls are being gamers to attract males. Thus, "the fake gamer girl" meme.

The amanda girl... if she is working the nintendo display at the mall, I have a strong feeling she's not pretending, lol. It's hard to project a personality from their gaming preferences like a males would, but if it was that easy, she's a first person shooter type which would be your average... red blooded american male who plays football, lol. (Does that mean she's the cheerleader? But cheerleaders don't obsess about video games...)

-----------

hmmm... interesting to learn.

"fake gamer girl" = slut with a controller. lol.

Which is the amanda girl. Huh... lol... she seems to have some slutty provocative ways about her, yes.

But she went to visit the nintendo campus, which is most definitely not a slut thing. And, she's pretty much visited everywhere where I've visited (most places). And, I don't think I'm a slut. I was called a geek by my neighbor, was told that's not a bad thing. I replied, "Not when you're making tons of money, it isn't!" lol.

I just wonder... if I just have a talent for unleashing the slut in (some) girls, and they aren't all sluts...

-------------

What kind of smile did I see on her just recently. No ordinary smile, I see plenty of those. Something to do with attraction.

Well, maybe you should learn from Vietnam's first female billionaire. There's someone who knows how it's done, eh?

http://www.thehive.asia/2016/03/ceo-of-bikini-clad-airline-will-be.html

Dauntless said:
Well, maybe you should learn from Vietnam's first female billionaire. There's someone who knows how it's done, eh?

http://www.thehive.asia/2016/03/ceo-of-bikini-clad-airline-will-be.html

It's true, fortune is made from selling something. High demand and scalable selling is where it's at.

----------

cheeks feel warm. I bet it looks like I'm blushing. What is this a sign of? Love. Seems odd to think it could happen without real life interaction. Or limited interaction at that. The other possibility is sexual arousal, but not really feeling aroused right now. That's ordinarily reserved for 2 p.m., lol.

It's definitely a weaker form. Probably due to that, limited interaction.

What kind of smile is that. She looks genuinely happy unlike her past pictures.

051de0ceda68f99dc5d9fd2a40bc9ca92f13be-v5-wm.jpg

You are in luck, those are called sluts! lol

swbluto said:
What kind of smile is that. She looks genuinely happy unlike her past pictures.

You are in luck, those are called sluts! lol

And still you cannot get a date. STILL!

Maybe if SHE were real. Had a name, a face, a body. You'd like real if you tried it out.

http://thechive.com/2018/12/08/guy-masterfully-turns-a-wrong-number-text-into-the-right-one-7-photos/

Dang, woke up in time to get to bed. Wonder what the trolls did around here while I was sleeping.

Hmmm... I started wondering, if I made so much money from selling houses, that I couldn't write it all off with my labor alone, then I'd need to start employing others. But, what if I don't want to do that...

Hmmm... subcontractors, maybe. It's questionable if it's profitable to use subcontractors to develop resale properties. For developing rentals, it'd be considered "investment" with a certain expected dividend rate. I wonder if it could beat the dividend stocks, which seem to be at 5-6%?

I don't like the fact you can't deduct the cost of land. That implies whatever income is used to buy land, is vulnerable to taxation.

Let's see hard to believe, but you're not making sense. Either you're disregarding that ultimately if you're making a profit you pay some taxes and you HAVE to make a profit to make it, or you mean something other than what you said.

If you're going to pay someone, where do you pay yourself?

So how about you set up this retirement account. Is Roth IRA still out there? They've threatened changes. You pay taxes before you put it in there, but you won't pay taxes when you take it out again. Used to be you could deposit $12k a year. Then the construction loan. Short term, high yield. By land, construction materials, pay yourself, all on borrowed money. So your tax free retirement account is making a killing. You pay normal payroll tax on whatever illegal alien wage you pay yourself, sell the house for a little more than you owe your retirement account.

What do you mean "Deduct the cost of land?" You're saying that if you spend $10k for land and $10k to build, a $15k sale is called a $5k profit instead of a $5k loss? Doesn't make sense.

Dauntless said:
What do you mean "Deduct the cost of land?" You're saying that if you spend $10k for land and $10k to build, a $15k sale is claaed a $5k profit instead of a $5k loss? Doesn't make sense.

I mean, you need cash on hand to buy land. That cash didn't get necessarily get there in the first place tax free. If you have $25 grand on hand to buy land, that money would've come from money that was likely taxed beforehand (Or would be taxed at the end of year). However, if you could deduct the cost of land, that money used to buy the land wouldn't be taxed.

If you're like me, and trying to reduce taxable income, that also reduces cash holdings so things like buying land becomes moot. At some point, you just have to accept that money is going to get taxed. (If I get taxed, it also means I'm paying back student loans, so a double whammy)

Note, if the business was incorporated, the student loan thing wouldn't be a strong disincentive.

Real estate is an asset, same as cash. You still have the value of the land. You're trying to treat it as an expense, it just isn't. So at the last minute you wish to change your taxes around. Normaily you want to plan that in advance. And you have to pay the student loan, what you haven't paid off you continue to pay interest on, get it over with.

But did you read about tax free income for your retirement account?

7.jpg

So have you seen some of these posts around here with all the trolling? People being called trolls and not one xof them is you. (Assuming you're not posting in another name.) You could get used to this, eh?

There's been pervasive trolling lately? Oh man, either we got an influx of narcissistic sadistic psychopaths or things have been getting miserable. Yeah, it's been a little cold lately, hasn't it...

It'd be funny to think I'd be trolling my own thread, lol. But, in actuality... I think it's happened once or twice, lol. Mostly because it was miserable in the last place, lol.

Keep wondering if the recession is just getting started. Thinking maybe I want to rethink my plans, but I think it's still pretty good.

Do taxes, optimize for max cash on hand, few taxes (say $500 SE taxes), and then build the other place. Intend to finish, but stay flexible for opportunities. Actively scout for opportunities.

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. And, it's nice having a couple G to enable that... I would laugh, but I think maybe that'd be a little bit too insensitive, since I've been there many times before. Still am! lol. Limited by capital. Don't feel confident I can comfortably finish both places, and don't want to enter a recession with nothing in the bank, lol.

I do like that my living situation is about "maximizing profit" by minimizing expense, which doubles for recession resilience. That was the original intention but also, ironically, it was also the only practical option I could afford at the time.

(rent isn't so practical if you can't pass the financial requirements and not so practical when monthly income fluctuates so wildly.)

Yes, unemployment claims have been ticking up lately. 'Twas a recent stock market worry. Think maybe some members here getting affected?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-families-carrying-more-credit-155644135.html

American families carrying more credit card debt than last year: report

Not me! My move to texas was an explicit transition to a credit card free life, come hell or high water. And, oddly enough, there's been both, lol.

33, found black and blue stretched across his bed and his nightstand. Dee eee dee.

No evidence of foul play, thought to be medical related.

He looked pretty tubby from his images.

Black and blue, suggesting asphyxiation, which might suggest impaired circulation. I'd surmise the heart, yeah. Early 30s is when it starts culling, so it appears.

I didn't mean the trolls were in your thread at the moment, but the trolling is beyond what they normally do to you. One of them is off sniffling because he got busted and the guy rubbed his warts in it. Another got his rubbed in it too but he's too delusional to notice, as always. Kind of a show, really, the people who enjoy fighting with trolls are going at it with them.

So, the great oddity of the trolls continues. So I had something I could have posted in a thread that was a great triumph, but now it's just boring because the trolls can't even figure out they already lost. So Nikki Haley eventually took a job, right? Here's from an article in 'The Atlantic:'

Then, in early 2016, Averill was watching newscasts about the presidential primaries. The election season had barely started, and the Republican field was still crowded. Governor Nikki Haley of South Carolina, giving the Republican rebuttal to President Barack Obama’s final State of the Union address, took a subtle jab at one of her party’s candidates—a clownish figure the establishment hoped to marginalize.

“During anxious times, it can be tempting to follow the siren call of the angriest voices. We must resist that temptation,” Haley told voters. “Some people think that you have to be the loudest voice in the room to make a difference. That’s just not true.”

Soon afterward, reporters swarmed Donald Trump to ask how he felt about such a public renunciation. “Well, I think she’s right, I am angry,” Trump told CNN. “I’m angry, and a lot of other people are angry, too, at how incompetently our country is being run.” Trump continued: “As far as I am concerned, anger is okay. Anger and energy is what this country needs.”

As Averill watched, he felt a shock of recognition. Everyone believed Trump would be out of the race soon. But Averill wasn’t so sure. “He understands anger,” he thought to himself, “and it’s going to make voters feel wonderful.”

So the trolls got their president. And enjoy it so much that they TROLL ON. Which just makes them harder to understand. It's like they voted for him so they could troll him.

Ah well, I assume they'll return to trolling you soon enough.

So Monday was probably my last serious day of the year. Up half the night stressing about it. Don't have to get up in the morning, but didn't have to today and woke up at 5:30 anyway no matter how tired I was. Mixed feeling about time off when I didn't accomplish much of what I wanted to this year. Yeah, wish I could be out building houses or something. They're hiring roofers here, bet they are there, too, getting ready for rainy season.

Shaggy - That is a disingenuous fallacy. The FACT remains that in the US a pregnant woman as (at least for the first 20 weeks of pregnancy) the UNILATERAL choice to continue or 'terminate' the pregnancy. No rational personal is arguing that the father should have the right to terminate the pregnancy, but to truly be EQUAL, they should have the same RIGHT to 'terminate' their financial obligation. Less than that is purely sexist.

Hmmm, don't think that's the way it works. The guy was the one who made the choice to impregnate the girl (Don't kid yourself, the girl didn't force him, lol), so he's fully responsible for whatever outcome. The girls only role is that one of veto (in some cases, invitation).

17 year old cheerleader / softball goal highschool girl.

My neighbor liked wood walls, and I liked flat white walls, because you can hunt down mosquitos a lot more effectively. Case in point, mosquito harassing me last night in here, refused to fly into my bug zapper, and he revisited me this morning. Went mosquito hunting, found on a wall, and smashed him with a roll of toilet paper. It's a surprisingly good way of killing the small flying insects, as opposed to using hands.

It's funny reading the centenarrian's advice yesterday, "I don't eat junk food", and I was eating 2 ounces of dove dark chocolate, about 10 minutes later, started getting that characteristic carotid indigestion pain sensation that's DEFINITELY NOT GERD, and I thought, I guess that girl was right. lol. 2 ounces of dove chocolate = junk food, wouldn't have thought.

Got "the look" from the gas station girl clerk while telling her "thank you". Don't know how to describe, looks like... a look of "sultry interest".

Not going to assume she "likes me", and definitely not going to pursue it. I don't really care.

It was the second time she's seen me, though... so the "familiarity" effect would be kicking in right about now...

And I think this would fit under the "invitation" category.

I think it's funny, by emphasizing its opposite, I'm making a girl think dirty thoughts. For example, I was telling a girl she's got some profitable skills, but I didn't want the person to think I'm suggesting they should be prostituting themselves, lol, so I put in "clean, innocent, proper" for clarification. Ironically, I think it did the opposite of what it intended, lol. Oh well, not such a bad thing to have a girl thinking dirty thoughts, especially when they're thinking of me, lol.

Apparently one of my widely recognized "character flaws" is that I lack a sense of remorse (Mainly about things out of my control, it seems). Not sure the implication of that. I think if I lacked remorse of something INTENTIONALLY done, yes... but something unintentional... not sure what's there's to claim guilt for.

Dauntless said:
So who is telling Shaggy that? Scooby Doo? Which of the girls did he get pregnant?
swbluto said:
17 year old cheerleader / softball goal highschool girl.
Rut Row.

swbluto said:
Got "the look" from the gas station girl clerk while telling her "thank you". Don't know how to describe, looks like... a look of "sultry interest".

How wonderful for you to have thoseoments to keep you going through a life of never a girlfriend. This one might wink at you someday?

swbluto said:
Apparently one of my widely recognized "character flaws" is that I lack a sense of remorse (Mainly about things out of my control, it seems). Not sure the implication of that. I think if I lacked remorse of something INTENTIONALLY done, yes... but something unintentional... not sure what's there's to claim guilt for.

I regret to inform you it's the other way around. Such as that actress who didn't mean to run over the dead child as was put out by all the crying of the mother who had witnessed it, the getting dragged into court, the judge taking delight in the opportunity for some remorseless fun of his own.

Ahemmm... I've had plenty of "girlfriends", just not live in girlfriends. Because, you need at least first world living standards for that. She ain't going to move into some place that's measurably worse than her apartment, lol.

So your parents had a 3rd world standard of living? In college you were in the 'Ganges river native' dorm? The rest of us will go out with girl before trying to bring her home. (Tied up in the basement probably doesn't count, but I'm not the expert there.)

An autistic Christmas.https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/us/santa-blind-child-autism-trnd/index.html

Dauntless said:
So your parents had a 3rd world standard of living? In college you were in the 'Ganges river native' dorm? The rest of us will go out with girl before trying to bring her home. (Tied up in the basement probably doesn't count, but I'm not the expert there.)

Exactly, what's the point of taking a girl out on a date if you can't bring her home? If there's no point, why even go looking for one? Exactly why it hasn't happened, not I can't influence a girl. I have no problems influencing girls to my will, not that my will have been that grandiose or anything.

Katie Hill, a 31-year-old California Congresswoman-elect, is okay with the press and others labeling her as a millennial. In fact, she plans to implement her generation’s often-cited ideals in her policies.

Hill, who identifies as a bisexual, also said she would focus on representing disenfranchised and underrepresented groups.

MjAxMy04NWU5MzQxMDE3Nzg2MGNl.png

stalking-social-media.png

HAHA. I tell everything I see of Amanda's public postings directly to her face. No fear of hiding anything.

It's funny how I started this out as a joke, but it almost seems like it's becoming more realistic as time marches on. I will be singing this song someday, lol.

[youtube]j4FbRl1Lms4[/youtube]

Now I just wonder if there's any hope of naming the children tiberius, luna and celeste, in that order, lol.

Almost seems like fate, conventionally named parents will have conventionally named kids.

So once upon a time there wa this girl doing 'The Haunting of Sunshine Girl' on YouTube. Then she came up with a spinoff of her friend being stalked. So you mentioned stalking, it reminded me of how you could do a YouTube show or two. Like where your neighbors are trying to kill you, you make a bunch of videos. Where you're trying to find a woman scared enough of something else that she'd move in with you. Hell, you could do one of yourself doing the scaring.

[youtube]sLfm1nyDLuU[/youtube]

And I know you'll at least love the name of this.

[youtube]CZeRtck6a64[/youtube]

I know, isn't it great? She's apparently some kind of scare monster herself, so it's like she's my soulmate, hardy har har.

I do kid. If she is interested, she will send out an invitation and if I never receive one, that's really no issue. As I always tell myself, no expectations, no disappointments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back