Cheap Full Suspension + Bafang

mer

10 mW
Hi all

this is my full suspension e-bike

3263730926_d8dfa9828e_o.jpg

It's a cheap full suspension bike .
Motor : Suzhou Bafang 26" 36V 250W ( the all silver one which has engraved 8FUN on it )
Controller : Keywin's 48V 30A
Battery : 48V 10AH Lifepo4
Tyres : DMR MotoDigger 26" x 2.35" on the rear , soon to replace the front with the same
Rim : Sun Rhino Lyte on the rear , uknown cheap on the front
Brakes : Factory cheap disc brake , V-brakes on the rear

The only thing I don't like is installing the battery there makes the COG weird but it is ok , I don't mind that much , I am thinking to install some pannier bags. What do you think guys ? Any improvements I could do ? Btw I must have done around 1000kms no stripped gears no matter how much I tried :)

Cheers !
Kostas from Greece

Nice! People scoff all the time, but for street riding those cheap bikes work amazingly well. I have 2100 miles on mine now. I thought I'd need a new rear wheel or derailur ever 1000 miles or so, but so far it all works good. Keeping it adjusted has a lot to do with it, but once I got things set, they stayed ok. I made a lot of changes though for comfort, better seat, taller handlebars. I pedal hard so one thing I did wear out was the crank, where the chainrings are smashed onto the aluminum arm. So that started to wobble. Easily replaced by buying a junk bike of much higher quality at the flea market for ten bucks. The brakes I was sure would need replacing, but they work great and I see no need to change em yet.

Love the way that bafang hides behind the rear sprocket. Perfect for those who need stealth. I can't believe that the battery affects your ride that much, sure it feels different, but that little pack is light. I don't notice mine at all, but when I ride a regular bike now, it does feel pretty light.

thanx for your tips

i was thinking about replacing the handlebars with some cruiser ones.

do you think these would be ok on this bike ? :)

15303.jpg

22801.jpg

I am also thinking to buy this saddle ... what do you think ?

26831.jpg

Back