kdog
🚴♂️ Mega poster
Hi everyone
It's been along time since I've needed to buy a new controller, since most of my existing gear has lasted a long time.
I've built a scooter running a 3000w hub motor and it has been ticking along quite nicely on my old adaptto midi-e, but it died suddenly.
I need a new system that can perform similarly. So the must haves are:
5-8000w ball park power
Variable regen is a must have (I live in hills)
Safely run 84v
Display- preferably plug and play for this.
Bluetooth with phone app would be desirable
I don't want an overly complicated system (my life is busy enough at the moment
)
I'd like to keep the price to around $500aud
I've looked at
Nuclear... Great but too pricey
ASI... also look great but afaict they max out at 75v
Fardriver ... seem to have only on/off regen, please let me know if this is incorrect
Sabvoton, kelly, kt and a bunch of cheaper controllers all have various issues, like no regen, poor reviews, or too low power or max voltage.
So I'm leaning towards a spintend vesc based controller which seems to fit all my requirements.
Before I drop the coin, anyone got any suggestions on something I may have missed
TIA
Kdog
It's been along time since I've needed to buy a new controller, since most of my existing gear has lasted a long time.
I've built a scooter running a 3000w hub motor and it has been ticking along quite nicely on my old adaptto midi-e, but it died suddenly.
I need a new system that can perform similarly. So the must haves are:
5-8000w ball park power
Variable regen is a must have (I live in hills)
Safely run 84v
Display- preferably plug and play for this.
Bluetooth with phone app would be desirable
I don't want an overly complicated system (my life is busy enough at the moment
I'd like to keep the price to around $500aud
I've looked at
Nuclear... Great but too pricey
ASI... also look great but afaict they max out at 75v
Fardriver ... seem to have only on/off regen, please let me know if this is incorrect
Sabvoton, kelly, kt and a bunch of cheaper controllers all have various issues, like no regen, poor reviews, or too low power or max voltage.
So I'm leaning towards a spintend vesc based controller which seems to fit all my requirements.
Before I drop the coin, anyone got any suggestions on something I may have missed
TIA
Kdog