Craig's Vector build

Craigh85

10 W
As the title suggests its time to build a new bike for the summer. I fancied a change from bicycle frames so took the plunge and bought a vector frame.

I've managed to collect most of the main parts just starting to assemble it now.

I currently have ..

A vented vector frame.
Adaptto Max-e 14kw with bms and coil.
Eaton 1800w psu
QS 205 V3 5t in 18" 1.85 moto rim.
Shinko tyre for rear.
Domino throttle on route.

DH suspension, hope brakes and front wheel robbed from an old bike.

Got a load of new turnigy 4s hardcase lipos i could use but if funds allow i will make up an 18650 battery.

received_1714059072161493 (Medium).jpeg

20160108_115427 (Medium).jpg

20160212_195203 (Medium).jpg

On my QS I ended up not using the bolt holes in the rotor, but the rotor slots themselves. Then cut off the old bolt holes for clearance.

Courtesy of andreym: (Doesn't show the old bolt holes cut off)
IMG_20120216_183842.jpg

Cheers Routy, So how does that work do you have to modify the motor side cover or make an adapter. The bolt holes on the motor don't allow me to mount the rotor further out.

Let me know how the Max e performs (Temp) inside the frame I bought the external controller casing from vector to mount on the outside but would prefer the extra protection inside the frame.

I will use a cable tie once it's up and running but it doesn't really pull the phase wires in much more than the tape.

Craigh85 said:
Cheers Routy, So how does that work do you have to modify the motor side cover or make an adapter. The bolt holes on the motor don't allow me to mount the rotor further out.

Instead of using the bolt holes intended for the rotor, you use the bolt holes that hold the rotor adapter plate to the motor. The "silver" colored adapter plate that the rotor bolts to, bolts on to the motor. You might need longer bolts that will go through the rotor > rotor adapter plate > motor.

The rotor adapter plate

Red arrow = intended rotor holes, blue arrow = new rotor holes

Back