Vector, Adaptto, Mxus 3000 4T twin builds

Finally had the rear tyres fitted and got both bikes rolling last night managed to get a photo of one before it got to dark.

NouleBr.jpg

Getting closer now just waiting on an order from hobbyking so I can wire everything up

well I finally got an hour to work on the bikes things have been tuff with the old man needing an op to remove a tumour from his brain the doctors also removed his left ear drum an most of the temporal bone.

I joust thought I would share some pics.

I drilled some holes then I ran an 8mm tap through them this will allow me to mount a plate that will hold the max e in position

HpfNefm.jpg

I then bolted the 15mm thick piece of plastic plate into position using 8mm stainless steel countersink bolts

HpXzgOx.jpg

pmfm2Df.jpg

I will use some double sided tape and cable ties to secure the max e
It fits

57lGXOv.jpg

IHb7KQs.jpg

Baby steps
I will get there one day :)

Finally got 1 of the bikes up and running today after some troubles with a Adaptto display luckily i had another one sitting here that was meant for the other bike.
I like the Adaptto system for charging it makes life easy and fast i charged my 27 amp hour pack at 15 amps today.
The Adaptto Mxus 3000 combo is pretty good IMO i had the bike going 80km/h :D yep it's pretty quick and thats without OVS the power comes on nice and smooth which is nice nothing like my old infinion type controller the throttle response is not twitchy it's awesome.

The Vector feels very stable at the speeds i was traveling at today.
The Shimano Zee brakes took a little time to bed in but they work really well now i can stop this heavy beast pretty quickly even without regen.
I'll take some photos of the bike with the side panels off to show what the innards look like some of the wires are a little long but who cares when the side panels are on no one sees them
Overall I'm happy life is good.

Good to hear from you Kiwi.
Funny you should mention overheating the MXUS I'm on holidays ATM so i put in some miles on the bike today and yes i reached 110 degrees Celsius no oil.
Good thing about having the Adaptto when the MXUS got hot the controller won't let you abuse the motor any further.
I was giving it some real punishment at high amps it was good fun i could have smoked that motor pretty quickly.
I was surprised that the controller was only sitting at 40 degrees when the motor was crying for me to stop. :lol: thats pretty cool hey.
I reckon i wuold have popped a xiechang for sure if i was using one today

We had some rain yesterday so the tracks i was riding were mushy i had a large stick almost tear my rear derailleur off i had to do some bush mechanics and wedge a rock between the derailleur and swing arm so i could continue to peddle along.
So I've ordered a couple Zee derailleurs from Merlin Cycles they should do the job.

Good work get the shadow clutch derailer stops the chain slapping :D

There is no excuse now mate you will have to get your ass down here to Thredbo for a ride with Cowardly Duck before winter and VECTORIZE him :lol:

He is one mad ass rider :evil:

Cheers Kiwi

Sounds good your going to have to go easy on me ive seen his vids of you guys riding.
BTW: I saw your YouTube video of the car yesterday nice place you got there plenty of space i agree with CD build a race track :D

ozman said:
Sounds good your going to have to go easy on me ive seen his vids of you guys riding.
BTW: I saw your YouTube video of the car yesterday nice place you got there plenty of space i agree with CD build a race track :D

Thanks I pretty lucky there is always a spare bed too :D

I was a bit gun shy in that last ride after my crash, I snapped a pedal off and landed with 47 kg of bike on me and in a steel natinal parks bike cleaning station.

Cheers Kiwi

Cheers Kiwi

kiwiev said:
ozman said:

Thanks I pretty lucky there is always a spare bed too :D

I was a bit gun shy in that last ride after my crash, I snapped a pedal off and landed with 47 kg of bike on me and in a steel natinal parks bike cleaning station.

Cheers Kiwi

Cheers Kiwi

thanks for the offer I'll take you up on that one day your more than welcome to stay at my joint if you are ever in Sydney I live in a nice area but don't expect 5 star accommodation like your flash mountain retreat.

A crappy quality photo I took of the bike down by the bay its about 30 seconds away from my place.
p21FKpC.jpg

If you look at the rear swing arm you will see my dodgy repair small piece of timber and cable tie stopping the derailleur from rubbing on the swing arm not pretty but its working.

Hi RTL
I went to purchase the bell but after trying the Fox i couldn't justify spending twice the money for something very uncomfortable.
The fox helmet feels nice i like it cost me $160 bell is a good brand but it didn't fit my fat head as good as the Fox did

thanks Mark.
good to hear real reveiws. iv been looking for a serious helmet for a while now. just cant seem to settle on one i like.

was looking at the try lee d2, bit exe.

what model fox is it?

ridethelightning said:
thanks Mark.
good to hear real reveiws. iv been looking for a serious helmet for a while now. just cant seem to settle on one i like.

what model fox is it?

Its a Fox Rampage I wanted to try the helmets on before i bought one and lucky i did because I had my mind set on buying the Bell super i found the Fox to be so much more comfortable but it lacks the air vents that the Bell Super has

I think I'm gunna need a bigger motor :D

The Mxus doesn't seem to like having 80 amps pushed through it for very long but it sure is fun.

I will give the ferro fluid a go but some how i think i might need a QS

ozman said:
I think I'm gunna need a bigger motor :D

The Mxus doesn't seem to like having 80 amps pushed through it for very long but it sure is fun.

I will give the ferro fluid a go but some how i think i might need a QS

Yeah I am pushing 100 amps with the ferro juice and 19" moto tire but you still need to let it cool down, where as I can run 80 amps thru my 17" Cromotor all day long. It is a lot of weight hanging off your ass and you really have ride the bike to jump etc.

The black russian is over 50 kg with 2Kwh battery
Cheers Kiwi

ozman said:
ridethelightning said:
thanks Mark.

what model fox is it?

Its a Fox Rampage I wanted to try the helmets on before i bought one and lucky i did because I had my mind set on buying the Bell super i found the Fox to be so much more comfortable but it lacks the air vents that the Bell Super has
thanks for the hint. ill have to try one somewhere.
airvents? who needs em, i often wear a beanie to keep the air OUT of my helmet...but im in freezing tas.

Back