Cycle Analyst Android App

Hmm, beterschap!!

bart1006 said:
Thanks!! I hope i can start work on it in the near future. I had a little accident with my ebike....
To much power is not always good ;)

Oh dear, sorry to hear that. I hope it wasn't a result of being distracted looking at the CA stats on your phone. They do make special one handed keyboards through which could let you keep coding and working on it even when your other arm is in a cast :wink: . The last time I was in an ebike accident and broke an arm I was seriously considering getting one of these, not being able to use a computer efficiently was so frustrating..

Well last week i tried to make a 0.9 version of the app ;)

Perhaps some of you could try it to see if it works and to debug it!
Next week I'am starting with a new job in Norway so i will have a little bit less time to spend working on it.

In previous post you can see the functionality of the app.
You have to connect a bluetooth module to the serial output connection of the CA.
It has been developed en tested with CA V3 with prelim6 firmware.

It is possible to enter the bootloader and change between 3 the predefined profiles. You will have to use a logic level converter because CA V3 is sending bytes on 5v and the bluetooth module on 3,3v. And this will only work with prelim6 firmware because of a "hard" reference to the memory. If you don't have a CA V3 with prelim6 don't use the configure analyst button because it will change wrong data in the firmware/memory.

The LiveView will probably work without a logic level converter.

In the next version I would prefer to make it a more independent of firmware and CA V3 but for 0.9 version it will only work with the CA V3.

Without a doubt it will have some bugs so please try it and let me know what is going wrong!!
View attachment CycleDash.apk.zip

Soooooo I'm doing iOS development. Happy to start looking at the feasibility of an iOS version if you want.

Take Care,
Haydon

You guys have the funds for iOS licensing? Have fun with that.

Dude! BIGH you got skills. I checked out your energy usage dashboard and it looks great. If anyone has the skills to make an IOS interface for the CA it's obviously you. Maybe you could incorporate on-the-fly controller flashing too :roll: . Obiwan

These last 2 days I looked into developing for iPhone.
Downloaded Xcode and tried it a little bit to see what the possibilities are.

But the bluetooth serial adapter could be a problem for the iPhone. I almost can't find any documentation about it excepts it is expensive and you have to do some kind of Navy Seal training certification process.

Does somebody know where we can find/get the information about license costs and if the jy-mcu bluetooth serial adapter is supported?

Damn you're right - Bluetooth is MFi; Bluetooh LE isn't....

:\

looks good :)

Well i tried the jy-mcu HC-06 bluetooth serial adapter as a slave but the iphone can't find it!
I ordered one of the modules for BLE 4.0 as mentioned above to see if that will work.

This will take some time because delivers to the Netherlands from China takes up to 6 weeks.

Sigmacom said:
I only just came upon this thread, but I have also been developing an Android app for the Cycle Analyst. I've started a separate thread on it here:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59893

Keen to get some others to test it and any feedback.

Nice dashboard!!
Perhaps we could merge the two into one app? And get the benefits of both instead of two "seperate" ways.
Let me know!!

I recently changed from job and got a iPhone and had to hand in my Android at the old job.

Ok i was curious about the xcode and developing on iOS.
Perhaps there are some possibilities with bluetooth BLE but I really don't know for sure because I am new to iOS developing.
I ordered some BLE modules to see how that works.
Did sign up for a developer license and started this week for fun. I started to make the same Android application in iOS.
Just to give you an update and perhaps when the bluetooth modules work for iPhone i will pick this up again.

foto 1.PNG
foto 2.PNG
foto 3.PNG

bart1006 said:
BiGH said:
Damn you're right - Bluetooth is MFi; Bluetooh LE isn't....

:\

Perhaps this one will work http://www.tinyosshop.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=65_110&product_id=705
At this moment i'm not at home but tonight i will try to connect to the jy-mcu perhaps it just works with BLE.

Will let you know!

Well i received the bluetooth adapter from the link above and probably good news.
I can connect to the Bluetooth BLE adapter with my iPhone 5s. When i try to read the serial stream for now I get a bunch of zero every second and when I disconnect the CA i receive nothing.
So probably that has something to do how to read the stream but it is working. The module is cheap so when you wanna give it a try let me know!!

bart1006 said:
Well last week i tried to make a 0.9 version of the app ;)

Perhaps some of you could try it to see if it works and to debug it!
Next week I'am starting with a new job in Norway so i will have a little bit less time to spend working on it.

In previous post you can see the functionality of the app.
You have to connect a bluetooth module to the serial output connection of the CA.
It has been developed en tested with CA V3 with prelim6 firmware.

It is possible to enter the bootloader and change between 3 the predefined profiles. You will have to use a logic level converter because CA V3 is sending bytes on 5v and the bluetooth module on 3,3v. And this will only work with prelim6 firmware because of a "hard" reference to the memory. If you don't have a CA V3 with prelim6 don't use the configure analyst button because it will change wrong data in the firmware/memory.

The LiveView will probably work without a logic level converter.

In the next version I would prefer to make it a more independent of firmware and CA V3 but for 0.9 version it will only work with the CA V3.

Without a doubt it will have some bugs so please try it and let me know what is going wrong!!

Just started playing with this after hooking up bluetooth. I don't have a level converter but the live view seems fine. The configure button works and puts the CA into "PC connection". It lists the correct profiles but trying to change them crashes.

The logging seems to work well and I'm keen to see if you can get it to spit out something that can be put into Justin's trip analyzer.

It lists the correct profiles but trying to change them crashes.

Do you have configured the 3 profiles in the CA and which one? I will have a look at the code this weekend to check what could be the problem.

The logging seems to work well and I'm keen to see if you can get it to spit out something that can be put into Justin's trip analyzer

I didn't have time to look into this. But it should be very easy to split it into 2 files and just log the CA data as it is and a seperate file for the gps data.

bart1006 said:
It lists the correct profiles but trying to change them crashes.

Do you have configured the 3 profiles in the CA and which one? I will have a look at the code this weekend to check what could be the problem.

Yes I have three profiles setup. Just played with it again. Trying to change profiles doesnt always crash. Sometimes I can tap a profile and then hit reset/exit to get the CA back to the main screen. But after the reset I'm always on the profile I have set up as my default.

Back