cyclone 500w int controller troubles

k-harvey

100 W
Of 8 or 9 cyclone 500w motors (3 of which I still own) 3 in total have had the internal controller pack up (nz language stuff it) or english
ruined , the first was what we thought was throdle wires twisted & shorted out(he did a 360) ,2 nd was salt water through that drain hole as wave splashed over me(assembled as per web site wires the out top) The 3 rd was recently what I thought was too small a BMS now discovered it was'nt that at all .
Paco has told me if motor cuts out & light stays on its the controller where if light goes out its the BMS .Anyway the owner though the lights went out
& in playing around with wires he thought were wet etc finally no go at all ,.Its that BMS thats so B hard to fit.

If the motor controller has blown up then it could cause the BMS to immediatly trip due to overcurrent turning off the power. I am assuming that BMS has an overcurrent feature as many others do.

my advice is change all the motors to a external one. you will not regret doing it, once you take a motor n try with a huatong 48v 2000w will give you a very good ideal. , it works. green time 15fets controller will also work for cyclone motors n it will run equally smooth. i have seen people use golden motor controller n test on cyclone motor also gives good result. try one motor ..get all the wires for hall n phase wire up.

Thank you will try to google these, With another controller there then is the throdle wires & where to.The BMS's are from BMSBattery & greenbikekit
all look the same ,this last int controller breakdown could have been one battery connection in pack was a bit loose wher i first thought it was because the bms was too small.

my head way cells, 16 cells of 12amps, had ever seen a lose connection will cause a sudden slow down.. it can cause it to trip bms. my case is that bms mosfets had been failure which i don't know. until i reach home, i discover it

i run a cyclone 650 to 1200w with a 48v,40amp lyen controller..battery is 441/2 v 20amp lipo...no propbs in over 600 miles :mrgreen:

they are quite number es members use lyen with cyclone motors. i heard results quite good. im also thinking to find 24v or 36v controller to replace 48v.. i find 24v is easy to set up 25amps of cells. so i can go for very long range riding.

to find out, if infinon controller will work for cyclone motor, there is a sure need some one willing to spend a controller and test the cyclone motor out. so far I didn't read anyone who use a infineon controller with a cyclone motor. it will be a good news if it works, so I can also update my list of controller will work for cyclone.

these two controller I have paid for huatong, and greentime is real-time tested, used, roughly, slow or fast speed.very long ago I have read people using some other controller for cyclone motor, but this person Do not share the name and brand of that controller. he has youtub video. when I ask him, he never reply me, but i have bigger heart, i share with my knowledge what controller will work with cyclone as GOOD or better then cyclone orginal ones.

So far from E bay & Alibaba will cost twice for a controller than another internal one from cyclone althoughi hav'nt found exactiy the ones recomended.
What confuses me is what do i do with the 2 small yellow wires & where do i connect the Neutral wire of a controller is it to the body of motor?

kentlim26 said:
... so far I didn't read anyone who use a infineon controller with a cyclone motor. it will be a good news if it works, so I can also update my list of controller will work for cyclone....
i'm waiting for the motor to arrive and will test with one of the infineons i have lying around, and will tell you. i don't see why i should NOT work.

With the 500w internal controller there are 3 phase wires as+ But the question is do i use body of motor as - & what to d with the 2 yellow wires?.
.Then theres the throttle wires which i think will be ok.But yet to buy one as cannot find resonable price especialy with the risk athough the risk in internal
one is great

the two yellow wires right is build in the cyclone motor right ? what I do, But im not sure is it right OR not. Since a long time ago,.. I use a wire cramp and pull it OUT OF The motor. I use a wire cramp and Pull out the yellow wire. well, for my understanding..pass this 5000km ,i won't need this yellow wire. it is temp. wire. as long you are going less then 50km/h and running on a right gearing.. motor won't go burn. I know, those yellow wires has also confused me, I have the same thinking,, What is that ?? what if i don't use it ? etc.

ALL you need is the find the hall wires, positive, ground, and the 3 signal wires. use green, blue, and yellow wire. and there is 3 phase wire right, all out is white right ?? re wire again , use a 10g or 12g wire and connect them. wire them Out of the motor, (job done !) not really difficult.

total 8 wires are needed , 3 thick wires and 5 thin wires. that's all. ignore yellow please. you will see 3 phase wire is all wire , you choose your colour see which one you like to put Blue, or green or yellow .. is fine. for taiwan cyclone will use Black, red and white. just replace them green, blue or yellow.

those two yellow wires, you can just heat tube it. or just leave them.. (not in used )im also curious what is that two yellow wires, so I use a wire cramp and pull out like plug a painful tooth out.. you will see about 1 inch black thing..coated. infact this yellow wires does give problems to the controller also.

with the hall wires +phase wires connected , a total of 8 wires = you will see. it does really work and run with huatong or greentime controller.

I think when I had my 300W motor apart to convert to external I measured a short between the yellow wires. If that is the case then they will go open circuit when the motor gets hot (just a thermo switch) so extending them so you can use them to disable the controller when hot or to control a warning light is a good idea.
I didn't bother because I fitted a temperature sensor that I can convert its output to degrees so I just left the yellow wires cut off.

My 300W one is still running fine one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-350W-brushless-controller-for-E-bike-scooter-/260851912117?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbbfc4db5 with the current bumped up slightly and nearly 60V in.

Hi Ricky If i put 60v on my bike with same ah battery it would be way too heavy.That wuld be 2 & a half more size battery. i use 24v only for most & 12ah LiFePo4. Does this 300w cyclone run with 24v on that controller 0k?---i can on cyclone site see only 250w as a smaller motor than 500w--Is yours this or another?

k-harvey said:
Hi Ricky If i put 60v on my bike with same ah battery it would be way too heavy.That wuld be 2 & a half more size battery.
Ok, I used 60V because I couldn't run much current through the small motor so the get more power I went higher volts.
The 500W motors can take more current than the smaller motor so make more power at lower voltages.

k-harvey said:
Does this 300w cyclone run with 24v on that controller 0k?---i can on cyclone site see only 250w as a smaller motor than 500w--Is yours this or another?
My 300W motor is actually from an Elation V2 kit but its the same family as the Cyclone motors.
It is identical to a cyclone 250W motor I have here, just different current limit on its internal controller.

I never tried running the ecrazyman controller at 24V because I didn't want to modify it (its Low voltage cut on my one is for a 48V battery). At 24V if you want 500W you would need a higher current one. ecrazyman controllers are pretty much the same basic controllers as Lyen sells but less modifications and probably cheaper.
I believe any controllers in the same family should be able to run these motors fine.
Just get a 24V one that is 500W rated or more.

I know that Lyen built up one for another member here that had a 500W motor that ran of 24V.
I think that was built up using the 6 FET version like I have but with better FETS etc.

This might help.

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6348&start=135

Back