Cyclone 900W build

reload

10 mW
I'm planning on getting the cyclone 900w direct from cyclone-tw.com. I was just wondering about a couple of things.

How is the chain wheel set-up? is the three chain wheel kit 3 gears for pedals and 1 for motor or 3 all together?

When i order, i will need the kit, extra chain for the motor, chain tool, and maybe the cooling fins. is there anything i'm missing?

i also read about the upgraded freewheel from White industries but i will hold off on that until later. unless it is absolutely recommended.

If anyone has details of this kit or can provide info that would be much appreciated.

Thanks. First post

So I ordered my 900w kit yesterday with the chain, tools, and cooling fins.

I have a Giant Rincon mnt nike that I will be converting.

For batteries, I will most liekly be ordering a 36V 15ah from ping.

HI reload,
best of luck with your new kit,i cant wait for your reviews on the 900watt cyclone kit :)
take care

hi again,
i reckon these batteries are the way to go. evcomponents.com

Headway 36v 10AH Battery Pack w/BMS and Rack

Our Price: $310.00

Product Code: H3610R
Description

Model : H3610R 36v 10AH E-Bike Battery Pack W/BMS and Rack

36v 10ah battery pack used mainly in e-bikes

The pack is built with 38120 10ah cells in a 12s1p config.

This battery pack comes with a rack designed to hold the battery pack

Specifications :

Nominal Capacity 10AH
Nominal Voltage 36V
IR 120 m ohms
Max charging current 6A
Max Charging Voltage 44V
Max Discharge current 30A
Cuttoff Voltage 24V
Cycle life 2000 cycles 70% DOD 1000 cycles 100% DOD
Operating Temp. -20C - 60C
Dimentions 330 x 120 x 80 mm
Weight 4 kg

Related Products...
Headway 36v 10AH Battery Pack w/BMS and Plastic Case
Our Price: $275.00 mrgreen:

but i dont have first hand experience with them yet...

It's here!!!

My bike Giant Rincon
S3600997.jpg

Unpacked
S3600998.jpg

Swapped out for the extended axle. Remember..geared side is left-hand thread...
S3601009.jpg

Motor strapped on and tensioned
S3601004.jpg

Thermal compound for my heatsinks
S3601003.jpg

Clearance for rear arm was a little tight
S3601013.jpg

1st gear is unusable now. the rear derailer was stretched to tight so i set the limiter to skip it
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/jmana/ebike/S3601010.jpg

I am far from finished. Im waiting for my CA to arrive along with the batteries.

For the batts. i'm going with the Bosch fatpacks.

hay reload,
im happy your kit has arrived for you & that your posting it with us at (es) :D
motor mount is looking good.
interesting your going for the bosch fat packs,what volts & amps are you going to run thru with.....
i cant wait for your future posts..
good luck

I'm looking for a 36v 10ah pack at least. I saw the headway packs stop at 10ah. I do appreciate the pre-made packs but there is just the fun of making your own.

I'm interested in the fatpacks because they do not require a complicated bms and offer a good price point for the power.

hay reload,
i also appreciate premade packs,but admire those whom build there own with great respect...
so with the bosch packs,are you using them as is,or getting the cells out of them to customize your packs design.either way very 8) ...
take care

Great idea with the cooling fins as I don't have them on my 36v 900w cyclone kit and sometimes I overheat the motor.
It's really a problem when the wind is blowing against me and I still want to go 30 mph lol. I got my kit from arizona ebikes and run it with a pinbv2.5 36v 10ah battery.

my bosch fatpack build

S3601038.jpg

S3601043.jpg

S3601044.jpg

S3601047.jpg

battery prep
1. remove circuitry from the batteries except for the inline fuses
2. buy a single pole circuit breaker. i'm using a UBI P (type P) because it has screw down terminals on both ends.
3. attach both negative terminals to one end of the breaker
4. attach other end of breaker to connector negative
5 attach both positives to connector positive

charger prep
1. take one battery circuit and attach to housing (3rd pic). i'm using duct tape for now
2. solder a connector to it

now you can use the raw packs on your bike and charge it using the stock charger. use a cycle analyst to monitor the pack while riding.

i went for a test ride and used about 3ah to travel about 5 miles. rest voltage was about 34-35 volts after the ride. then i charged them right back using the modified charger. i don't pedal at all. i went 25mph easily.

i have 2 more fatpacks so i'll be making a bigger pack soon (no ducttape lol)

wow it's been 4 years since i built my bike. update time.

My cyclone kit is still holding up pretty well. I only made a few changes to the drive configuration. I upgraded the crank freewheel to the white industries heavy duty version and geared my center to 44/30. That gives me a top speed of about 28 mph.

For the batteries i'm using 4 bosch fatpacks. They're still holding up great. I even left them in storage for a year or so at 36-37 volts but they charged right up when i dusted them off.

Back