Destroyer 12s Urban Racer Build

LOL...
yup that is next on my list...roadrash where the sun don't shine LOL.. :shock:
awesome graph...

OKP YUP that is the tradeoff... faster maximum speeds on flats at the cost of hill climbing ability... probably the sucks for Alps and our mountain friends.. but for me... living in a big tropical pancake... the tradeoff is painless.

How did you get your airplane esc to play nice with your car transmitter? I can't get my CC HV80 esc to arm using my quanum transmitter since it's expecting full throttle, but I'm trying to only give it half (center on the pistol transmitter).

Hi..
Dont think you can just go halfway for the setup sequency.... you need the full travel...
Try reversing your throttle direction...(little button just above where the trigger would be) as some remote controls are inverted amd maybe your esc is looking for this..
If you are looking to diminish your top speed try gearing down instead of the midway throttle alternative...
Also chech that your esc is not opto..as yiunwill need a secondary power source for your receiver as your esc might not be power ing it...

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
Have you tried the "throttle range adjustment" procedure ?

Yeah I tried that, I don't think the esc is going to accept a 1.5ms signal as zero throttle because it's looking for something a lot closer to 1ms.

beto_pty said:
Hi..
Dont think you can just go halfway for the setup sequency.... you need the full travel...
Try reversing your throttle direction...(little button just above where the trigger would be) as some remote controls are inverted amd maybe your esc is looking for this..
If you are looking to diminish your top speed try gearing down instead of the midway throttle alternative...
Also chech that your esc is not opto..as yiunwill need a secondary power source for your receiver as your esc might not be power ing it...

My esc is optocoupled, but I am powering it with a separate battery pack. The setup works, just not that way I want it to. The problem with needing full travel means that zero throttle is not at the neutral position of the throttle stick - it's at the end of the stick's travel. This means that the stick has to be actively held at zero throttle which is unsafe and has already resulted in one crash. I think I will have to pass the receiver signal through an arduino in order to make the esc happy.

weird esc.. in my (brief and crappy) experience with boat esc this was not an issue... I have used the cheap little bird airplane esc (which I burned but thet is another story) the original bulletproof hv airplane esc and the 2nd version and they have all loved the quanum... an airplane joystick controller i think resets to center so there should be no difference in logic there..

However to prevent your untimely death
we will design a normally closed, resistive tecnolgy, state of the art diy wireless weird-ESC handheld controller.
For this proyect you will need..
ScreenHunter_259 May. 12 18.32.jpg

Carefully assemble as follows, if necesary get a professional, or a licenced diy-er
ScreenHunter_260 May. 12 18.32.jpg

Played around with it for quite a while and the rubberband did not show signs of wear...
Might still want to use a hlemet though

good luck

Edit..recompence didnt read your post.. yeah that would be the profesional, scientific and permanent way to do this..how embarassing :oops:

beto_pty said:
weird esc.. in my (brief and crappy) experience with boat esc this was not an issue... I have used the cheap little bird airplane esc (which I burned but thet is another story) the original bulletproof hv airplane esc and the 2nd version and they have all loved the quanum... an airplane joystick controller i think resets to center so there should be no difference in logic there..

+1, I use 12s OPTO HV plane ESC without that issue either. I guess you played with the "thr. trim knob" too...
anyway, there is no point to have a transmitter trigger going in both direction since this esc won't allow braking :
both option from beto_pty and recumpence should help...

Was this you by any chance? making potholes tweet to politicians every time they were run over? Apparently the potholes in Panama are sick of getting run over all the time and took an angry stance...

http://www.fastcodesign.com/3046904/potholes-tweeted-at-panama-citys-government-until-they-got-fixed?utm_source=facebook

awesome..lol
had no idea...
thanks for the info..

Back