[done] E Onda boards made in the alps

I believe he was referring to the axel where the wheels mount to. I would bet the axel goes the whole length, since the polymer would be too soft. This would be easy to stiffen or rework. Easy to verify with a magnet.

kfong said:
I believe he was referring to the axel where the wheels mount to. I would bet the axel goes the whole length, since the polymer would be too soft. This would be easy to stiffen or rework. Easy to verify with a magnet.

I had a closer look and it's back to my previous post : the long screw holding the truck goes through the middle of the truck, in both direction (width and lenght). So there are indications that the wheels axle does not go through the whole lenght.

Side note : bear in mind that this polymer is fiber glass charged. There is also an english sentence saying "If it works, don't fix it" suggesting that stiffening or rework might be optionnal

Jonboy said:
I like the way this thing looks, design&materials used.
Price looks good too... what motor esc are u runing?

Most common parts, nothing special (see 1st post for specs),
Note the 12s rating applied to each component while running them at 6s.
(The ESC I bought is a plane's ESC, just because the supplier made a 50% bargain on it to get rid of it)

I miss the brake which comes with car's ESC, could someone indicate me if the brake of car's ESC is so usefull that I should get one to replace the current one ?

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
I'd say you must be right regarding number of wheels and shear stresses, ...
Actually, when thinking about it...
On a mtb, if you have identical front and rear trucks, the shear is more or less equally divided over the 4 wheels because the steering is divided as well.
On a scooter however, the front wheel takes much more sheer stress since this is the one that's steering. The back wheel takes much less of this stress since it's just following.

I miss the brake which comes with car's ESC said:
Yep the brake is very useful especially on busy streets.. :D I really like the look of the ONDA board..i feel a kit coming........ Are you running just one 63mm motor now then?

yep, those Onda board seem to fit quite well for eskate applications...

...I knew I needed a brake at some point ahahah :twisted: :twisted:
the issue is, I live at 1000m height and the town to be reached is 500m heigh, means I have a 7kms road going all the way down... and since my a##hole tends to skeezz itself above 20kph, I would need to brake quite a while... so I wonder...
as anyone brought such duty to an e-skate esc brake ? where is the braking energy going ? 100% regen ? motor heats up ? ESC ?

I am still running one motor at the moment, still hesitating to either buy a new board or fit the spare power train I have to this one (will check the motor spec and revert back)

yep, those Onda board seem to fit quite well for eskate applications...

...I knew I needed a brake at some point ahahah :twisted: :twisted:
the issue is, I live at 1000m height and the town to be reached is 500m heigh, means I have a 7kms road going all the way down... and since my a##hole tends to skeezz itself above 20kph, I would need to brake quite a while... so I wonder...
as anyone brought such duty to an e-skate esc brake ? where is the braking energy going ? 100% regen ? motor heats up ? ESC ?

I am still running one motor at the moment, still hesitating to either buy a new board or fit the spare power train I have to this one (will check the motor spec and revert back)
The energy is going to heat in the motor. Some ESC's can do regen braking, but this is only a few percentages of the energy (around 2%-ish I believe), the rest is still heat. I would certainly prefer a dual motor setup, which halves the heat energy on each motor!

got plenty of snow up there, had to take the school bus with the e-skate to get down the valley, then a 5kms ride to work.
went fine, still unable to identify any chain issue and could proof that the board can roll over train crossing without issue.
got fed up with the velcro mounting, so went for another "kitchen box" mounting to hold the battery, 4 holes and 2 cable ties later :

had to ride wet roads, so it needs a bit of cleaning now... mudguards would be an options since I got my pants sprayed by mud

motor specs :
N6374/09-KV170 Outrunner Brushless Motor (XYH0531)
feel free to vote if I should go 2wd :wink:

I vote for air inflated tires =D

Murfix said:
I vote for air inflated tires =D
it would become a mountain board then ? :p

... still looking around for a car esc... but seems too expensive for now :|
What's in a name? ;)

It would be the same board, but you wouldn't shake loose all of your ligaments ^^

it would become a mountain board then ? :p

air tires does not necessarily make a mtboard...

crv_ad.jpg

not much new on this built,
- ordered new esc (car esc this time)
- received the power analyser for my e-bike project but will use it on this e-skate and my e-scooter built too
- haven't found inflatables wheels in local shops yet, its winter time...
- got this bag "burton treble yell pack" to carry the board
image_BURTON_Treble_Yell_Pack_F13_True_Black_large.jpg

awesome board.. maybe you could place only your esc on the board...and carry the battery in your Burton pack..

beto_pty said:
awesome board.. maybe you could place only your esc on the board...and carry the battery in your Burton pack..

this would be an option if I accepted long power cables, + I think it would be a bit unsafe...
I do carry a spare 6S/5Ah brick in the bag, and the kitchen box enclosure holding the battery is quite practical for battery swap

Texonite said:
IIRC you have 6374 motors, that normally have 10mm shaft. Most 10t sprockets have the thick section of 13mm in diameter, that only leaves 1.5mm for grub screw to go in. Though, on your photos it's definitely not 1.5mm on there. So either you have smaller shaft (8mm) or larger sprocket, or both.

Have a look urself :

Well, I'm sorry, but I have complained before here in the Alt Universe aka the Speroid Planet (Endless), this place may need a new section for Too Darned Sexy stuff ("TDS" TM). When I see this thread and pics and specs and design, makes me want to put on my Master of the Electric Bicycle Promotion hat (helmet). (Past academics include a Cert. in Marketing, from local Ryerson U., when it was still a "Polytechnical Institute".)

Think "urban boarding" (is there such a product category yet?) Think guys and grrrls on their ways to work and to play, etc. The windsail thought might make a good optional extra (full battened, of course.) A trailer hitch maybe too.

Target market is boarding wannabes maybe. Promo include sexy babes, "cut" young males (talking physique here, not some kielbasa/salami trick thingee).

Just my approx 2 cents Canadian beaver bucks.

L

PS. I vote sorta spongy, solid tube tires (no "free" air involved).

Have a look urself :

So this really does make it 1.5mm of set-screw thread. I'm surprised!
Could you please describe it more thorougly? Did you use any loc-tite, what diameter is the screw, how many holes?

hummm...
the idea was to drill through the motor axle with the sproket in place (drilling both at once),
then straight on, thread through them M3 while assembled, then the M3 screw goes through the whole assembly,
means 1 hole. no loctite

LockH said:
[...] this place may need a new section for Too Darned Sexy stuff ("TDS" TM).
[...]
PS. I vote sorta spongy, solid tube tires (no "free" air involved).

:mrgreen: thxs, sounds good

Hi, thxs for posting,
I had a quick look and it seems that the axle are 8mm diameter,
It's an interesting board, there is various opinion about its flexy deck, i do like it, and there is good chance that I fit pneumatic wheels soon or later :wink:

after some research i think i'm gonna change project and copy yours, looks really nice, but i think i'm gonna stick with it to be 2WD. i do it especially for the simplicity of the installation of the drive system thanks to the square trucks...

my only concern is the dock withouts straps for the feet. i'm not a longboarder and i think that without straps i will have some difficulty to steer...

I am from Onda Motion in California, and would like to communicate by email with the builder of this electric Onda Board, our email is info@ondamotion.com, and my name is Sergio.

Nice to be in touch Sergio.

areis81 said:
after some research i think i'm gonna change project and copy yours, looks really nice,

Feel free, it's an easy built :wink:
here is the version with car ESC ...and new kitchen box :lol:
unfortunatly, haven't found THE ONE where I would bring the ESC in the box too...

an assembly test of lights I won't be using on my e-bike

hummm...
previous post @ around 1400 Views, today 1988Views total, no comments ?
...here is a little update :

30T wheel sprocket (i.o 45T) :

Scored a 36.2km/h top speed: now I know why I wear an helmet :twisted:
it's much better to ride on this ratio, no more dangerous torque and very smooth acceleration.

Oh, I also bought an Onda Core, it's a little longer, stifier and bigger wheels than the Onda Vibe :

question:
where did you purchase the sprocket on the motor ? How many teeth does it have and is it for a #25 chain ? I assume it's 10mm inside diameter ? Is it locked with a pin through the motor axle or with a set screw ?
thanks
sebastien

Back