[done] E Onda boards made in the alps

Hi, it's not fast, I mean this built! :lol:
(I just mounted them over the week end to see how it fits - actually there is like .3mm play axialy I have to fix - but did not inflate them yet since I will soon have to dismount them to mount Wheel(s) pulley(s) )

i have some 60T belt pulleys I made for them ..and i had a ride on my urban commuter with these wheels on last night..and i was disappointed to say the least... several problems i found..i just wondered what you thought of them..
20141118_205158_zps56e34230.jpg

hey alps,
i'm finally going to copy your board to build for a friend of mine (i'm too heavy for that setup)

will i be ok with

2x3s (in series) 5Ah so 22.2V 5AH lipo
this motor http://www.giantshark.co.uk/product/172045/n6374-09-kv170-outrunner-brushless-motor (it's yours, i think)
and this esc http://www.giantshark.co.uk/product/170364/ezrun-150a-pro-brushless-esc-for-1-5-car (is this the one you use?)

thanks dude! is a beautiful board you got there... my friend (my sister's husband) lives in lyon and they got plenty of bike lanes there so he should be ok with this kind of board, where i live (italy) we don't even know what a bike lane is and i use a mountain board because of the uneven roads

nice build.. tell us more about the wheels please.. I was thinking of something in that direction but the rolling resistance issue concerns me :shock:

Hi, will let you know for sure!
@areis81: funny that u mention Lyon, this is where I am this week end :wink:
Both links u gave are right, that's the ESC I use, and that 6374 motor is very robust but a bit heavy (800g) - I think the current trend is leaning toward 50mm motors...

beto_pty said:
nice build.. tell us more about the wheels please.. I was thinking of something in that direction but the rolling resistance issue concerns me :shock:
Well I may have a relatively cheap option..available soon...:)

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
@areis81: funny that u mention Lyon, this is where I am this week end :wink:

i was supposed to be there too for the lights party, but i had some impediments... :-(

i will order the parts in the weekend, i will try with that motor anyway since i'd like to build something already tested working :)

last thing: i don't want to build a speed daemon, what ratio should i go? 1:3 will be ok?

thanks again!

after some calculation i think i'll go 1:3,5, gues it's about right for my needs but in case i won't be pleased i will simply change the motor gear, no biggie...

alps, how much range do you get with your setup (5Ah 6s)?

thanks!

areis81... I haven't answered your previous question, because the answer is in page 3, sorry!
245501summary.jpg

...and because you will still end up with a Deadly weapon speed wise :twisted:
of course, thxs to the Wheel size, you will still be able to lodge a bigger Wheel sprocket to reduce the top speed (bearing in mind you will be limited for a small motor sprocket by the 10mm axle of the motor - don't try like I did with a 10T sprocket, it works but does not excell in term of durability)
...but above all, you haven't told me if you work on an onda core or an onda vibe (they have different Wheel size)

with 6s 5Ah I can ride up to 7kms at top speed, and about 12kms at safer speed (if I remenber correctly, exact measurement lay in a subject started by barndom - "powermeter connected to e-board" I think, see also "battery range" topic from recumpence)- I always carry a spare pack to get back

Note, I got most of the bits and pieces now for the 2nd project,
...time to mobilize some minutes machining stuff
...the microwave "aroma fresh" box is a 1.5l version :lol: (is 1.1l on the first board)

alps, thank you for your patience... i read this thread so many times, but only one time some months ago via PC, every other time via mobile and i just did not see it... very sorry and thanks again. that being said, my calculations were plain wrong, and, since i just got the onda core from ebay, 180mm diameter wheels against 140mm of your board, now i just think i better go with a 1:5 ratio, 60t at the wheel (the sproket is 117mm in diameter and should give me enough clearance) and 12t at the motor. that should do, i hope, what you think? will order the sprockets for last thing anyway, since i'm still a little bit unsure, mostly due to my unfamiliarity with the argument.

excellent about the range, i need 8km at moderate speed so i should be able not to drain too much the batteries.

i will change the motor: i ordered in the weekend the turnigy aerodrive sk3 168kv. specs are similar (less powerful, but the board will be for work commute, not fast and wild riding) and it has the 8mm shaft. that's the only reason i needed to change it (can't find any 10mm sprocket suitable for my needs, at least not at reasonable prices :D ) measures and weight are the same, hope it will do :wink:

Can you guys post detailed picks of the truck assembly and how it attaches to the board. I'm wondering how easy it would be to make my own deck and just purchase the trucks and wheels. That way I can do a custom composite that houses the batteries. I like these bigger wheels over the skateboard style, less like likely to get thrown when hitting a sidewalk crack.

The truck they sell is only one piece, this is a bit confusing. I assume the pivot is built into the board, but how do they do this with the new wood cores?

@areis81 : my crystal balls :mrgreen: tell me you should expect not more than 30kph on Onda Core Wheel, with 180kV fed at 6s and a 12/60 ratio - you will get huge torque IMO
@kfong : From Onda website :
880.jpg

for the wooden deck, they made an intermediate polymer piece - flat at the top to be bolted on a regular deck -
which I am not sure if they sell as spare part - will try to take a picture of mine

BUT you can still fit Ondawheels on a standard truck like "Daverobson" or "beto_Pty" did - see p3

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
@areis81 : my crystal balls :mrgreen: tell me you should expect not more than 30kph on Onda Core Wheel, with 180kV fed at 6s and a 12/60 ratio - you will get huge torque IMO

perfect, that's what i need for my friend who lives in lyon and has many up and downs to get to work! thanks again alps, appreciated!

subscribed !

my next project maybe a Onda, but I don't know which one to get (Vibe or Core). I would like to get a good torque (I love the torque!) and looking for a 20km range. Which electronics or board do you recommend ?

Thanks !

Salut Paname !
I really like the Onda Vibe compared to the Onda Core, it's more compact and the 140mm wheels seem big enought to me (180mm on the core), but both are great. You know that smaller Wheels give more torque (all else equal) don't you?
For 20kms range, you could look to our "battery range" chart and evaluate the battery you need to reach that range from the speed you want to mostly ride... say 10Ah at 6s (=250Wh) should let you ride easy 20kms up to 25km/hr

My wife left with our daughters this week, so I could "cheat her" getting back on this built :twisted:
...which is actually copied from my first built (if it works, don't fix it :twisted: )
"just" twice more motors and ESC, and 3x more battery capacity (6s 16Ah, one of the 3 packs I bought to make my e-bike running at 18s i.o 13s)

here are some pics :

yeah I know... I need to route the cables better... still quite a bit to do...
but hope to get it running within the next days

EDIT 08/01 :
bloody cat has chewed phase and battery wires + I lost the Wii receiver I had from phomann, ...so small
need some more weeks to get it running...

Hi,
I'having a hard time drilling the motor shaft to block the motor sprocket... Any trick? :)
Did not have any problem Drilling the sprocket, but looks like the steel drill can't work out the steel of the motor shaft... Was wondering if there is some particular instrument to di it...
Thanks!

ah ok! i hoped to put a m3 screw all the way through, guess i'm gonna need to just screw it in and lock it in a hollow point in the steel shaft...

ok thanks!

i attached a pic of the battery box. i chose to use an electrical ABS box, it fits two 3s 5000mAh batteries, V display and big ass switch just fine :) on the side there is the charge plug and in the back i got 4 LEDs for visibility :)

Attachments

• box.JPG
    box.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 2,722
  • IMG_1808.JPG
    IMG_1808.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 2,722
Nice Areis ! looks damm compact if there is 6s 5Ah in that box, would make your built thread attractive ...start one. :wink:
M3 is really small for that load ...but if you manage to grind deep enought mark(s)/hollow point(s) on the motor shaft, it should work.
so yours is about to run soon isn't it ?

thanks!

i'm documenting my build, i will surely start a building thread (when i will have it finished and running!) :)

this is a box that is the same that i got from a local store

http://www.ebay.it/itm/GEWISS-GW44206-SCATOLA-DI-DERIVAZIONE-IP-56-150X110X70-PARETI-LISCE-/121111311786?pt=Interruttori_e_prese&hash=item1c32cbf5aa&_uhb=1

it fits perfectly 2x3s 5000mah turnigy 35C batteries and it has a little bit of room to run the cables... i wanted to insert also a vibration alarm (cheap chinese one that i use on my bike) but there is not enough room... gonna have to put it externally...

i will enlarge the sprocket hole to 3.2mm, then thread it to fit a 4mm screw then... thanks for the suggestions!

now running!
went for a first ride, on snow - did about a km before pants got completely wet :lol:

- both motors showed quality issues... one is actually cogging a bit compared to the other one, will see if they last
- not much to say yet about the enertion wheels... when riding I had some "off center" feeling or something like that, will check later but it's like I felt the tyre thread too... :?:
- phoman receiver is very nice - lodged at the middle of the enclosure

here the 2 sisters ready to roll :

Back