• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Drew12345 Alpha Flux, Max-E, MXUS 4T

Thanks for the link Drew being an Aussie i would have liked to get the Flux but i pulled the trigger on my frames about a month before Jay announced the pre order

Vector frames are nice also. I would have got one if wasn't for flux. Sounds like yours are going to be nice builds with those 30q batteries.

Hey Drew, what kind of amps are you pulling, and what does your volt sag look like hot off the charge?

Hi again Drew, how are you getting on the 220mm DNM Rear Shock? you went with a 550lb rated? How does it suit you for your height and weight?

thanks
Andrew

brumbrum said:
Hi again Drew, how are you getting on the 220mm DNM Rear Shock? you went with a 550lb rated? How does it suit you for your height and weight?

thanks
Andrew

Hi BrumBrum. I would say it's just right. I'm 6 ft, 190 lb. My back is a little busted so do require a soft spring. It might be a little soft for some. But I think it would be fine for average person.

Rix said:
Hey Drew, what kind of amps are you pulling, and what does your volt sag look like hot off the charge?

Hey Rix. Hot off charge is 84 v. From what I seen lately, max is around 7.5 kw.

Looking at my last ride when I had cycle analogger, when I was at 81v, it dropped to around 76.

Hope that answers question. My next ride, I'll try keep an eye on sag.

drew12345 said:
brumbrum said:

thanks
Andrew

Hi BrumBrum. I would say it's just right. I'm 6 ft, 190 lb. My back is a little busted so do require a soft spring. It might be a little soft for some. But I think it would be fine for average person.

Thanks mate.

drew12345 said:
Rix said:

Hey Rix. Hot off charge is 84 v. From what I seen lately, max is around 7.5 kw.

Looking at my last ride when I had cycle analogger, when I was at 81v, it dropped to around 76.

Hope that answers question. My next ride, I'll try keep an eye on sag.

Yes it does, thank you. It would appear that your battery maker is using authentic 18650 25R cells. There have been a slew of them showing up in crappy packs, your volt sagging only 5 volts means your cells re good with bursts of 7.5kw. 15amp battery, 90amps DC, that's like 6C, which is well within the limits of the cells. Again thank you for answering my question.

Dunno. These are 18650 25r cells and not lipos so they are different. They are not as strong as lipos but pretty close. The pros far outweigh the lipos imo. The main thing was safety and charging. Combined wiith the adaptto, this bike is faster than I will ever need.

John Bozi said:
I guess the sag will depend on AH carried but at 15 ah that I can carry I thought my 5v sag was sign of getting unhealthy. Good to know mine are doing great then.

or did I miss something?

No you didn't miss anything, if you did, then I did as well. My Bomber is still running the stock battery. its 24s 18Ah LifPo4. HOC is 87 volts, settled resting at 79.9-80.1 volts. When I WOT from dead stop, volts sag down to 71 whether HOC or settled. I am currently pulling 3.5C out of that pack. Was 4c but I dropped the AH on the CA. Its a tired pack, but my dad still thinks its good enough for his needs. When this battery was new pulling 4c, volts would sag after settled from 80 to 75. The 25Rs pulling 6C and volt sag is the same, tells me that these cells are better for our ebike applications. Yah, if we were running 40C Lipos at 6C discharge, our volt sag would only be a volt or two. I get that. Anyway, I am talking like I have had personal experience with 25R cells, I haven't I'm basing my comments about them are based on what others have reported.

A few pics from my ride

3d25a75d0f11c2ff0366ced45690941e.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447443429.856366.jpg

View attachment 2

c79e9cc4ac936334275ac3b94dc33579.jpg

ce16623d9a7af21bbfc33ec541957f52.jpg

aea97c4b5058de1cc8327e3ce4e838e6.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447443304.290990.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447443304.290990.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,349
Good question. It caught about 80% of mud. The other 20% was on lowest part of my jacket and seat. I would love to get the quigly ones but too expensive. You suggest any?

Great build and pics Drew. Looks like you are getting some good fall riding in. Don't know the monument, if I had to guess, its George Washington. I wonder what he would think of your build? BTW, let me know how many miles you get with your Avids before changing the pads. I am planning to run Avids on my next build.

Ditching the cable disk brakes Rick?

I just picked up a set of Hope Tech 3 V4 brakes for the Beta for $354 shipped from Merlin cycles. Pretty good deal I think. I really wanted the Magura MT5 or MT7 with mineral oil instead of DOT but I have some Hope V4 rotors that need a good mate. I had to file the heck out of my MT7 to get the Hope V4 rotors to fit my Raptor and I don't want to do that again.

Drew, you inspired me to put on a Mucky Nutz Fat Face XL that I had laying around forever. I took it for a run and it worked pretty well and it is pretty cheap. I'd dare to say a bit ugly though. I'll post up a picture later when I can resize. I really wish the forum had a good easy way to upload from an iPhone...

Mammalian04 said:

I just picked up a set of Hope Tech 3 V4 brakes for the Beta for $354 shipped from Merlin cycles. Pretty good deal I think. I really wanted the Magura MT5 or MT7 with mineral oil instead of DOT but I have some Hope V4 rotors that need a good mate. I had to file the heck out of my MT7 to get the Hope V4 rotors to fit my Raptor and I don't want to do that again.

Drew, you inspired me to put on a Mucky Nutz Fat Face XL that I had laying around forever. I took it for a run and it worked pretty well and it is pretty cheap. I'd dare to say a bit ugly though. I'll post up a picture later when I can resize. I really wish the forum had a good easy way to upload from an iPhone...

Ah, I really don't know what the fuq I am going to do. I got these huge rotors laying around, specifically with intent on running Mechanicals, which has been the plan. But I keep bouncing back to the MT5s. I guess on the day I order brakes, will flip a coin.

Mammalian04 said:

I really don't get it, why people doesn't go for brakes with automatic motor disconnect when you press? (or just e-brakes) - it's so important (in terms of security and brakes wear)
So Tektro HD-710 (especially the calipers) are mediocre, now Magura went out with the MT5e... with all due respect to Hope brakes, I think the MT5e is probably the best available for e-bikes.
I used the Tektro 710 handles and connected to Shimano SLX calipers - the electric disconnect saved my life few times already.

Hertzelz said:
I really don't get it, why people doesn't go for brakes with automatic motor disconnect when you press? (or just e-brakes) - it's so important (in terms of security and brakes wear)
So Tektro HD-710 (especially the calipers) are mediocre, now Magura went out with the MT5e... with all due respect to Hope brakes, I think the MT5e is probably the best available for e-bikes.
I used the Tektro 710 handles and connected to Shimano SLX calipers - the electric disconnect saved my life few times already.

I agree the MT5s are probably better but I have some Monster 203 Hope V4 rotors that she'd heat like crazy. Love the rotors but they are not suited well for the Maguras as rotors are too thick. I am just guessing on what is better as I have only run MT7. Haven't installed MT5 yet (but should be similar to MT7) or the Hope I just ordered. I'll try and report back how the Hope Tech 3 V4 brakes with V4 rotors compares with MT7 with V4 rotor.

Thanks for the heads up on the MT5e. I will try them on a future build when they are more common here in the USA or UK.
Speaking of the Magura cutoff, I may see if I can find a USA source for the add on cutoff accessory by Magura. I looked a while back and didn't find anything without big shipping charges.

Regarding the use of no cutoff, I think regen does the same thing. Not ideal as it takes more brain power in the event of a runaway throttle. I am using a regen button now but will switch my bikes over to left hand regen thumb throttle over the next few days.

I also have a set of Tektro dual disk brakes with e-cutoff that I got from ZombieSS (greyborgusa.com). I'm going to put them on the Flux Alpha, which will be a heavy build bike. I'll also try to remember to update in the Flux thread or my build thread about how they compare to MT5/MT7 and Hope Tech 3 V4.

Drew, I hope you don't mind that we totally hijacked your thread!

It doesn't bother me. My thread is not a specific topic that people will research so don't mind.

Regarding brakes, this is the heaviest and fastest bike ever had. My mechanical breaks have plenty of braking power even for such a heavy bike. But to answer Rix question, I change my pads every year. Never came close to wearing them out. But with this bike I will need to keep an eye on them so thanks for reminding me.

Next year, I will get better brakes though with one of ones you guys mentioned above and enable regenerative braking. Along with that, I want front shock that is black. The gold sticks out too much for me.

Rix, Forgot to mention, yes it's Washington monument. I think it was really funny thought about he would think of build.

Mammalian04 said:

That's great! I have an iPhone and use tapatalk for this forum. It's much better than being at computer. I can also upload pics and it gives you option to automatically resize.

Back