Drew12345 Alpha Flux, Max-E, MXUS 4T

John Bozi said:
looks like a serious soldering station but I may be wrong, how much $ and how many watts?

It cost $90 usd. Was it worth it - absolutely. What I realize as a noob to soldering is that a good quality station with temp control makes it so much easier. I tried 3 other pencil irons over past two years and this was the best. The last one with boost option was pretty good though.

A few other thing I learned. Liquid flux is awesome! Even with using rosin solder, the liquid flux helps it a lot more.

Use thin solder, rosin core, 60/40. I was using the thick stuff (.62) from hardware store. The .32 stuff is much easier to work with.

Edit: I forgot to mention. I watched over 20+ videos on soldering and just practicing a lot. I realized I made a lot of mistakes with my previous techniques. All my previous solders were cold joints! And never tinned my iron.

Getting there....

I started installing the max-e a few days ago. Slow going because it's been real busy.

Here is what is done:
- mounted display where CA is now.
- soldered as150 connectors on battery
- upgraded circuit breaker to 8 awg wire and as 150 connectors
- soldered throttle

Will be done with phase wires tonight. Will finish halls tomorrow. Then put it all back in.

My goal is have everything done by thur night.

Subscribed, damn Drew, nice build. I stumbled onto your thread while surfing ES. So, when will your MAX E be up and running? Are you running 20s?

Hey Rix. Just finished installing today and took out for quick spin. Stayed up real late past two nights. All I can say is wow! That controller is insane. I didn't calibrate the speed but must have been between 45 and 50 and was only on OVS 2. In boost mode, I can feel wheel wanting to come off ground.

Will calibrate tomorrow and see fast really going and play around with some other settings. Yeah, 20s. I couldn't believe how quiet it was also.

drew12345 said:
Hey Rix. Just finished installing today and took out for quick spin. Stayed up real late past two nights. All I can say is wow! That controller is insane. I didn't calibrate the speed but must have been between 45 and 50 and was only on OVS 2. In boost mode, I can feel wheel wanting to come off ground.

Will calibrate tomorrow and see fast really going and play around with some other settings. Yeah, 20s. I couldn't believe how quiet it was also.

Very nice indeed, I have an adapto Max E and a MXUS 4t waiting for a build. This will be my winter project.

Thanks Rix. I always have winter projects going on too. I just move from working in my garage to my basement. It's way too cold in garage.

Couple videos below.

First is ride I did on trail before I got the adaptto max-e. The second is after installing the max-e and doing some short speed runs.
[youtube]57kJ_k2C15Q[/youtube]

[youtube]OFd8y8AwRMQ[/youtube]

That's fast drew, got a great set up there. Nice vids BTW, the top one in the woods, my kind of stuff.

Thanks Rix. Since you are the master of tires, where can I find a good off road tire in the states. Looking for razorback or something similar. I can't razorback anywhere in 24".

drew12345 said:
Thanks Rix. Since you are the master of tires, where can I find a good off road tire in the states. Looking for razorback or something similar. I can't razorback anywhere in 24".

sorry to 'but' in, but, I get my Duros from unicycle stores, they love running them on off road uni's
http://www.unicycle.com/duro-racing-wildlife-leopard-24-x-3-0-dh-tire.html

drew12345 said:
Cool, thanks Sean. Never thought a unicycle store would have them :)

Yah, Sean is right. Unicycle.com sells a tire called the Wildlife Leopard. Its identical to the Duro Razorback 24x3 but with a slightly softer rubber compound, 47A vs the Razorbacks 60A. I have compared these tires side by side inflated, cannot physically tell the difference. I still have a couple of Razorbacks left, but once they are gone, I will be running the Wildlife Leopard on the front.

Sweet. :) How do you like the Adaptto display down low? I am thinking about moving mine lower onto the frame (instead of bar) as it shines in my eyes at night...

I like the way it looks and not on my handlebar. I did it mainly for 2 reasons.

The first is the display really sticks out. I didn't like it. I wanted it to blend in more with my bike. In fact, I'm going to paint or use black tape to cover the green sides.

The second reason is that I had a hole there already from cycle analyst. I was going to just cover the hole if was going to put on handlebar.

I probably would not suggest people do this route because the letters on screen are small so even harder to read down low. Mounting is not as easy as cycle analyst. Wires come from side instead of bottom and no where mount bracket to. I'm still trying to figure how to more securely mount it. I think I'm going to use industrial glue for plastic to attach metal brace.

John Bozi said:
If you going to be riding those speeds on road I think it's time for some leather and full face.cheers

Ain't that the truth! These bikes are dangerous! I just wanted to be part of 50 mph club. Now that is done, time to tone it down.

Was going out for night ride and this is what I came to. I replaced the tube so I could ride. After I came back, I looked for the hole. It was a pin size hole. Must have been thorn from yesterday's ride. First flat in long time. I have tube with sealant and tuffy liner so a little surprised.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446946485.995461.jpg

Awesome looking bike you got there can i ask how many amp hour pack your using.
I know the cells are samsung 25r and your running 20s how many P

Thanks Ozman. It's 20s 6p 15 ah pack. You can find more info in this battery thread.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=59628&start=125#p1093034

Back