E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

hkj said:
Looks like a lot of fun Adam. Sorry about your shoulder. Hope you recover quickly.
I managed to bust my right hand wrist after a grueling enduro session.. recovering but slowly :lol:
I hurt my thumbs doing stupid baby wheelies TWO YEARS ago. They bent back a bit too much. Still hurts EVERY day. :(
Maybe you shouldn't become too old (like 30+ 8) :lol: )

Awesome stuff Adam. Blasting past those other 'regular' E-bikes puts things into perspective, and show's just why I wanted the LMX.
I've suffered with a Stealth Fighter and it's overheating motor on big hill climbs for far too long...bring on the decent mid drive. :bigthumb:

A bunch of goodies arrived for my LMX today including the rear shock, front wheel and both brakes.

I've still got more to order...hopefully the next order is the last to get the bike rolling.

What do others think about the Maxxis Minion? Is it a good choice of tyre and does it last for a decent amount of time?

Cheers

Hi Merlin
I just tried that. Knee against frame and the noise is reduced. Can we not find a gasket to damper the vibration. I don’t see any heat problems so far.
PS. This bike is amazing. If we can reduce the noise it would be close to perfect. I always hold the brake and peddle past people and wait until I have enough distance to power on again. Noise and speed limited.
My rule of thumb.
Everyone should be respected. No need for a bad name in the ebike world. If we all respect other users than we never get noticed. So far so good.

Nice video Adam. Sorry about your shoulder!

First two weeks after i got my bike, we had a new rain record here in Oslo, so i only had my second ride yesterday.
I wanted to see how long the battery lasted, so i charged it full and rode it empty.
I ran mostly in mode 2, but also some mode 1 and 3. I did not save on power, and the terrain looks pretty much the same as in your video.
7pc8XSSl1iiXk87Vj7zpyHlbkPVAnQckbqd3d455Wtle5__GrZSNaGzw55XEFhTBsDNaqHpK0SPpGmM_DPNr4MsSmGKBSm4AnMmobjgqqV3sLT2jhCiFC4CbnWXcBqYpYy3rYl9DXeX0es9UXVbokIxSSvrId4A2D5GOynr0Mz771g2wtW5D3Vb3A2_jDcVDLzfdnHwg_k04m2Ocpp9cVT-oj3Uta6J9j39tA_0m0FyUTUSzq2eVcQRZ-NJwyrtBKNTQY0ja949o-PS6-UzwMj1WvctJQztSjhKLa0qs7YK9wt155yuh0P78uj_TDHnr5gNuPKUpIENxpzSArcpieUZYGXcH_ipTzFdn3vngzaY3u1az9DInvDwIYfDkiMgOgE2Rvdljaho4inx1aaxyAGNinS-zqEnrCFONHanDofcx_hp-aAv3h8SWlOAtJf0BRyHmpKaCYHdq96-m-wgMHXHt-3Ka6gw6tWXbhCyjS1sneVCVASbHvlEjm-W2wPbR1p0IZzglFVXqRfmxpoEBxZQNZVDYfUREuXBUVhyGJ8RwjbKaU1fQm4Fz4j4MbiIaI1Moj1M67xAjNvbquvziTa18jHXJZ84KkE0dIUsUhuKixSBgR9EQiAU04ylFc0IHc5A7cSkh2Ait_IuZVkGPO2f7-07GFG-OLMoikhkEiwQk7a1eVHXc8PEa2pQdj71jwVFEwUvfI0ufV2t7umpuZwuxdQ=w322-h236-no

I have great fun with this bike, but i feel some controller/pas tuning in mode 2 is needed.
About vlog006 i feel the audio in the last bit reflects the noise from the lmx drive correctly. You forget about the noise while offroading, but in general it's a bit to much.
A slightly larger chainring would also fit the bike better.

Cowardlyduck said:
Awesome stuff Adam. Blasting past those other 'regular' E-bikes puts things into perspective, and show's just why I wanted the LMX.
I've suffered with a Stealth Fighter and it's overheating motor on big hill climbs for far too long...bring on the decent mid drive. :bigthumb:

A bunch of goodies arrived for my LMX today including the rear shock, front wheel and both brakes.

I've still got more to order...hopefully the next order is the last to get the bike rolling.

What do others think about the Maxxis Minion? Is it a good choice of tyre and does it last for a decent amount of time?

Cheers

Don't forget to order a gopro stem/ headset mount. I wanted to build mine and saw that i've no mount for the display. K13-2450-Edit.jpg

Dirty-Kurty said:
Don't forget to order a gopro stem/ headset mount. I wanted to build mine and saw that i've no mount for the display. K13-2450-Edit.jpg
Thanks....had no idea I would need one!
I'll add that to my list.

Ordered a seat and 11 speed chain yesterday also.

I'm yet to pick a rear derailleur, cluster and shifter. I recall seeing clusters that go down to 9 tooth previously, so might see if I can find one of those.
Any recommendations for a good derailleur? I'm really out of touch, but like the idea of the Shimano shadow clutch to prevent chain slap.

Cheers

Your talking about this. This is on their home page. Will this really make a difference? Why did we not get them?

Attachments

• D0C91153-F591-4538-9614-56396705AAA1.jpeg
    D0C91153-F591-4538-9614-56396705AAA1.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 2,106
In Vlog 002 4:05mins. The bike is talked about with this noise reduction. Has anyone got one of these? I don’t have any chain slapping. Not a single mark on the frame. I still love this bike, no doubt about that. It’s incredible. Very glad to have peddles and a gearing. Ran out of power on the way home yesterday. I have 5 hours charging from empty to full. No problem at all. Run most of the time in mode 3. 1 hr 20 mins. 42 km. I added a rear mud guard and this keeps the bike cleaner.

Attachments

• 581218ED-296A-43B9-924A-63C0A07A7A87.jpeg
    581218ED-296A-43B9-924A-63C0A07A7A87.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 2,100
Im sure Adam can post the STL file for this. Look easy to print yourself

jbalat said:
Im sure Adam can post the STL file for this. Look easy to print yourself
YES! Please can you share Adam. This will make my life so much easier for modifying it further if needed for maximum noise reduction.

Joe said:
I added a rear mud guard and this keeps the bike cleaner.
What mud guard is this? I need to order one also.

Cheers

As discussed with one of the customers by email, yes we can share the file but honestly it did not make any diffrence and is not as strong as the alu version.

Adam

bzhwindtalker said:
As discussed with one of the customers by email, yes we can share the file but honestly it did not make any diffrence and is not as strong as the alu version.

Adam
Thanks Adam. I would still like the file as I want to try and make it work. I will probably modify it to sit on top of the existing alu cover and combine them both.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
bzhwindtalker said:

Adam
Thanks Adam. I would still like the file as I want to try and make it work. I will probably modify it to sit on top of the existing alu cover and combine them both.

Cheers

It's the vibration through the frame that needs dampening.

The Mud guard is from Zefal.
Schutzblech Hinten ZEFAL DEFLECTOR RM29 29" - Schwarz(81155)
Farbe : Schwarz 1 16,49 €
Schutzblech Vorne ZEFAL DEFLECTOR FM60 26" - Schwarz(81160)
Farbe : Schwarz 1 14,49 €

briangv99 said:
brumbrum said:
It's the vibration through the frame that needs dampening.

Dynamat might be worth a go to damp the resonance

http://www.dynamat.com/automotive-and-transportation/car-audio/dynamat-xtreme/

I have used dynamat in my van to reduce cabin noise. Its quite heavy but it does work.

brumbrum said:
I have used dynamat in my van to reduce cabin noise. Its quite heavy but it does work.

You'd only need a little bit to deaden the resonance, versus the layer of sound deadening in your van. It might only dull the frequency a bit but might make the ride a little more pleasant

Btw my bike is complete now

My partlist:

battery: 52v 14,8 AH (14S5P) 30q cells from Em3ev --> enough for 3000 watt peak :bolt:
front suspension: Rock Shox Totem RC2 --> I love that baby
rear suspension: Fox float CTD
Tires: Schwalbe Magic Mary
brakes: Magura MT5
derailleur / switcher : schimano saint 10 speed
bar: race face atlas
stem / seatpost: thompson
front wheel: 27,5 stan no tubes with propain hub
pedals : nuklear
ahead cap gopro mount: sixpack

Back