E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

It sounds pretty fluxed up.

He might have been eaten by a giant man eating kangaroo riding in the outback. Or maybe a giant croc got him.

Rix said:
I wonder what is going on with QMS? For years he was doing legitimate business and making kick ass bolt on products for Stealth. Normally a shop doesn't go to shit overnight, I really wonder whats going on?
The behavior does seem indeed odd for QMS. It's a shame it has had to come to this. Addiction to illicit substances are what usually turns a person around this fast.
Anybody recall where were those 4 stealth bikes got stolen from not so long back?

Theodore Voltaire said:
He might have been eaten by a giant man eating kangaroo riding in the outback. Or maybe a giant croc got him.
Yes, those do seem like the most likely explanations. Could happen in the hills just behind Adelaide.

one4torque said:
Well in the meantime dont send him anymore clams....... At least until he surfaces.

Yah no shit, even though unlikely at this time, I and hoping there is some kind of excuse for all of this and QMS does right by you....eventually.

bigbore said:
DasDouble said:
Which one do you like more? And especially which one for street riding?

I guess for street I will like more the stock 5403 with a trial tyre on it.
But for the moment I do not know because what I have done so far is tried to adjust the Angle correction and Ind timing with the wheel off the ground. Being the first time I made this stuff I don't know if there are margins of improvements. I will try to ride at 15Km for some km, record the motor temp, change the Angle correction and repeat from the beginning.
Then for Ind timing I will do the same at a speed of about 50Km/h and keep going until I get the lowest possible motor temp.
Then PWR timing ....
.... yes :mrgreen: it's hard to be a pro :D

This is the very first ride I made this morning with the new QS205. I lowered the BOOST mode at 140 bat Amps and 280 phase Amps and the motor reached the temperature of 60°C doing a short WOT from about 20Km/h .... I hope to improve the situation :?
20160311_154209_1.jpg

This is what the Bomber looks like with QS 205:
20160311_124143_1.jpg

And this is how I managed to route the phase wires to avoid rubbing on V-boxx gear selector sheath
20160311_154356_1.jpg

love that kickstand! :mrgreen:

typical first tuning with high temps, i have same problems with cromotor.
it seems swapping the phase wires around can help some, this will change the angle offset from 90/180/120/60 deg. etc. some combos seem to be smoother and cooler i found.
also strangely enough, ovs seems make the motor smoother and cooler sometimes too.

how does it pull compared to the 5403? can you perceive more torque there?

ridethelightning said:
typical first tuning with high temps, i have same problems with cromotor.
it seems swapping the phase wires around can help some, this will change the angle offset from 90/180/120/60 deg. etc. some combos seem to be smoother and cooler i found.
also strangely enough, ovs seems make the motor smoother and cooler sometimes too.

how does it pull compared to the 5403? can you perceive more torque there?

Who .... ho!!!!! :shock: :shock:
This motor has some impressive torque :D :D .... The front wheel want to pull off the ground every time I smash the throttle :mrgreen:
Definitively more torque than stock 5403!

Ok, here is what I've done so far. Yesterday I tried to fine tune the Angle correction riding at 15Km/h for some long stretches and that was a pita; even a lycra hovertaken me :?
Then I adjusted Ind timing and at the end I tried to increase PWR timing and I found out that it's a big improvement.

With the following setup

20160312_181617_1.jpg

And a conservative BOOST profile setup @ 140 Bat Amps and 280 Phase Amps I reached 91Km/h
20160312_181543_1.jpg

Then today I rode a little off road and on the beach and I was doing wheelie all the time :D Also at the exit from a curve, I found myself with the front wheel on air :mrgreen:

The max motor temp I saw was 84°C and I have to tell I'm quite happy because for now I have the impression that just do what I expected .... more torque and less heating

Increasing OVS @ 2° gave a little more top speed (the battery was at 50%):
20160313_182625_1.jpg

I guess I need more phase amps to see the difference.

And what did I tell you? When you go over to the dark side you will never look back at crystalyte :)
It puzzles me why Stealth have not switched to Cro/QS motors on Bombers years ago. They are lighter, have better torque and more efficient. Probably because they bought whole container of them?
Also, you have high speed winding don't you? like kv11? If you would get 9kv then you would see even better results(probably)

the wishes of the "greater good" will crush this hobby..... or turn it into a lame 250watt pas only option......
Just like the early days of jet skiing... you could ski anywhere.... it was not until they got "successful" in sales.. that every numb-nut with a credit card rode jetskiis dangerously under influence, on busy water ways that they started to ban them everywhere...... same thing can happen to our beloved hobby...... I digress.

Time for another Longboard Island Lager... to wash my pain away :)

one4torque said:
the wishes of the "greater good" will crush this hobby..... or turn it into a lame 250watt pas only option......
Just like the early days of jet skiing... you could ski anywhere.... it was not until they got "successful" in sales.. that every numb-nut with a credit card rode jetskiis dangerously under influence, on busy water ways that they started to ban them everywhere...... same thing can happen to our beloved hobby...... I digress.

Quadrocopters was the same ... now there are laws that restrict the use of them. I think that would be better to avoid posting video of fast street riding e-bikes on youtube.

bigbore said:
one4torque said:

Quadrocopters was the same ... now there are laws that restrict the use of them. I think that would be better to avoid posting video of fast street riding e-bikes on youtube.
well, we all know its far too late for that.

time to get training at high speed evasive tactics...know thy neighbourhood!

@bb qs testing, 24wh/km seems to be optimum efficiency9with normal riding) for my similar bikes with cro too.
when badly tuned, its generaly more like 27-30wh/km.

ovs5 seems to be the sweet spot for me. it gives maximum responsiveness /acceleration without overly increasing temps. also seems to improve smoothness.

all this seems to confirm the qs205 v3 extra is actually just as compatible to max-e as a cro or other motor :D

Right, spotted who the tool was. ARidersLife: 8m40s mark in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEdETIjfngo

Congrats on wrecking the reputation of a bunch of responsible owners, who know better than to ride like this. Your actions will lead to the bikes being regulated out of the Australian market.

Hate to say it, but it was bound to happen. Glad it wasn't associated with something worse, i.e. a death or serious accident occurring. 80km/h on bike paths is asking for it... where else are people to get used to riding bikes/learning to ride only to get mowed down by an out of control dill.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will suffer more regulation in the future despite being responsible... this will apply to more than just stealth bike owners.... :evil:

Welcome to email him and see what he thinks/forward his contact details to the police... 'Peter' ariderslife@hotmail.com https://www.facebook.com/AridersLifeOfficial/info/?tab=page_info

I doubt you'll get anything sensible back. Evidently he is very proud of his idiocy.

No doubt the cops will be all over this. So dumb putting a vid like this up online. Small consolation for responsible operators doing our best to stay under radar. Don't think we have heard the last of this.

Yep, I hear you and Agree. Better to have it dealt with this way than the alternative of dealing with it after someone is seriously injured by some tool riding like this. I've cringed at the sort of things I've been seeing posted up. Sure, wheelies are fun, but wheelies at speed past pedestrians in public open space is just outright stoopid and deserves condemnation by a thinking rider.

Would much rather see people riding the bikes in their intended design element : OffRoad Then uploading some decent footage of that. So I'll start with myself and see if we can get a better class of footage showing the bikes in a better light.

On another note, I'm investigating creating a dedicated racing classification to align with current Motorcycling Australia regulations. Gets a bit tricky when you have two propulsion systems in place of Rider Effort +/- Battery/Motor.

I see potential class wins along the lines of:
a) fastest lap speed regardless of power combination, but with homologation and output testing for different power ranges;
b) Highest Efficiency riding based on kw/h + lapspeed to recognise those who pedal their little heart out.

if you were inventing a race class/ format, what would you design to cater for the A) Fast riders B) Fast and Fit riders?

one4torque said:

Long board IPA is one of my favorites, :mrgreen:

The guy has quite a popular channel on youtube. He's a motorbike hoon, it's just on this occasion he was loaned an ebike.
Yes it was a dumb thing to do and it certainly brings negative publicity when it's accompanied with a typically one sided media beat up like that. The video in the clip was also sped up and the audio modified to make their point.
I'm not defending him but at the same time it's one of several hundred high speed ebike videos on youtube that have been shot on public roads. Log onto ES facebook and almost daily you'll see people posting vids of doing motorbike speeds on the road all around the world.
No doubt these are intended primarily for use offroad but before everyone gets toooo caught up in all of this, Stealth themselves posted a vid showing similar antics just days ago.

https://www.facebook.com/StealthElectricBikes/videos/1129925510371968/?fref=nf

As Kepler said I'm sure the cops will find him if they want to. No need to actively rat him out :|
Who knows if that demo bike was registered anyway ? :wink:

QuietRush said:
On another note, I'm investigating creating a dedicated racing classification to align with current Motorcycling Australia regulations. Gets a bit tricky when you have two propulsion systems in place of Rider Effort +/- Battery/Motor.

I see potential class wins along the lines of:
a) fastest lap speed regardless of power combination, but with homologation and output testing for different power ranges;
b) Highest Efficiency riding based on kw/h + lapspeed to recognise those who pedal their little heart out.

if you were inventing a race class/ format, what would you design to cater for the A) Fast riders B) Fast and Fit riders?

You know I'm down for this !! Against doctors orders mind you...
If you're taking racing at stealth power levels the amount of human input is negligible compared to the power output of the motor so I'd be tempted to leave that out of the equation to make things easier. If you want to have it specifically push bike orientated though then you have a requirement that the bike must be able to be pedalled some distance - either down the straight or a full lap of the track or whatever. Measuring efficiency properly otherwise would probably require a torque sensing BB or similar. It's going to be VERY difficult to calculate the electric output only as efficiency will vary all over the place depending on rider weight, riding style, tyres, elevation etc. Unless you had a relatively low capped power (eg 2000w) where someone busting a ventricle could pull in front

Putting on my work hat, here is the deal, for the cops to successfully charge a rider for a crime like this, they need way more than just the video of the violation. Need a date and time stamp, and positive identification of the rider. In the US, any misdemeanor crime outside of 1 year from occurrence, can't be charged. This video was uploaded June 2015, but if it was made before March 12, 2015, even with the rider positively identified, no charges could be pursued in the US. If Australia has the same statue of limitations the US does, and I don't know if it does or not, don't be surprised if nothing will happen to A rider. Ironically I talked with Arider via email way back when he posted his first rides on the Bomber and Fighter, guy strikes me as someone I would enjoy riding in the bush, aka offroad with. Back to my ebiker hat. Like alot of you folks here, I agree that this crap can potentially ruin the sport for us. I will be the first to admit I ride like a hooligan on public roads. But I don't blatantly do it in traffic around cars, school zones/crossings, bike paths, sidewalks, and most importantly in front of cops. I am not going to force one my friends or colleagues to have to do their job because of my riding style.

Back