E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Jimboyr6 said:
Have u been putting it on charge every now and then, when not used ?
Not really. My sister and her BF rode it last week around the block and did not mention how torquey it felt. Soon as the rain let's up I'm going to take it out for another spin to see if the same thing happens again.

robohead said:
Jimboyr6 said:
Have u been putting it on charge every now and then, when not used ?
Not really. My sister and her BF rode it last week around the block and did not mention how torquey it felt. Soon as the rain let's up I'm going to take it out for another spin to see if the same thing happens again.
Dialed it back down to 60A. Everything seems fine now, guess it was just low voltage cutting out coupled with the CA being set higher than what the pack/controller can really handle which is probably why it felt so torquey all of the sudden.

All of my bike projects have been on hold due to a total refurb of my work area...... sheet, rock, insulation, Air CON!, work cabs, TV, etc.... now I have a legit ebike workshop..... time to get on my alpha beta.... susp arrived today! Hellz yeah.
Now my bike batteries don't have to sit in 120Deg F shop!...... 78 Deg F ahhh much better for my old arse.

Rix said:
Mammalian04 said:
Now that is one kick ass shop.

What cabinets are those?

What he said. Awesome. I have a swamp cooler cooling my shop. Works well enough, but not like aircon.

I am planning a barn build and have thought about swamp cooler. Too much area to cool with AC but swamp cooler will only work on dry days here in central Texas. I bet there is a humidity sensor that will control all that though. Might have to box in a small room in the corner and do a mini spit system. In the meantime, I have been avoiding the workshop because I am a heat weenie.

I now have over 7200 miles on my Bomber. The only failure it's ever suffered was a right side swing arm bearing that I replaced at about 3000 miles. That makes this the most amazingly dependable bike I've ever owned by far.

Being dependable is nice, but that's not the essence of why I love this bike so much. My 1974 Norton Commando, that I bought brand new, was the least dependable bike I've ever owned. I couldn't even ride it twice without making repairs to it, but it's always been one of my all time favorite bikes I've owned.

Factory's spend millions of dollars trying to make a great bike, and usually fail . Harley has tried, and tried to make a bike that's not a big twin, or Sportster, and so far they've failed miserably every time. Does anyone even know they're making a midsized V twin smaller then a Sportster? I've yet to even see one single one on the road.

The guy that invented Bombers was either a genius, lucky, or both, but some how Bombers are greatness. It's hard to describe why this bike is so good, or even what it takes to be a great bike, but this bike has it.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I now have over 7200 miles on my Bomber. The only failure it's ever suffered was a right side swing arm bearing that I replaced at about 3000 miles. That makes this the most amazingly dependable bike I've ever owned by far.

Being dependable is nice, but that's not the essence of why I love this bike so much. My 1974 Norton Commando, that I bought brand new, was the least dependable bike I've ever owned. I couldn't even ride it twice without making repairs to it, but it's always been one of my all time favorite bikes I've owned.

Factory's spend millions of dollars trying to make a great bike, and usually fail . Harley has tried, and tried to make a bike that's not a big twin, or Sportster, and so far they've failed miserably every time. Does anyone even know they're making a midsized V twin smaller then a Sportster? I've yet to even see one single one on the road.

The guy that invented Bombers was either a genius, lucky, or both, but some how Bombers are greatness. It's hard to describe why this bike is so good, or even what it takes to be a great bike, but this bike has it.

The designer of the Bomber is the one and only John Karambalis (Sp?) His venture into Stealth Ebikes started way way back in the day when he converted a KTM SX125 into an E Motorcycle. The first Bomber came to American shores in 2008.http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/my-new-stealth-electric-bike.466490/

The Bomber was rated for a whopping 3kw and came with Headway cells and a large frame. This guy from ADVRider had the high torque motor Crystalyte 5305 I later learned and it was good for 40MPH. Too bad the photos and vids he posted have been deleted, however, the first 6 pages of the thread he talks about his experience between the Bomber and Zero. Good read if you got some time.

Yep , read that one Rix way back before I got a Stealth . Not to mention I spend a bit of time an Adventure rider .It is a good read .
But what originally got me interested in Stealths was . I converted a normal pushbike to electric and used Headway cells . I had trouble with my cells and back then John was a Headway agent . He repaired my cells and asked me if I`d like a ride on his Bomber . Lets say it was a bit more impressive than my 500 watt conversion . I went home and kept dreaming of a Stealth bike .Since then I`ve been lucky enough to test ride many Stealths and have tried the 3 different torque configurations he used to offer , though I don`t think he offered the highest torque one for sale . The perks of living close to Stealth HQ . And yer , Johns a top bloke .

Brute said:
Yep , read that one Rix way back before I got a Stealth . Not to mention I spend a bit of time an Adventure rider .It is a good read .
But what originally got me interested in Stealths was . I converted a normal pushbike to electric and used Headway cells . I had trouble with my cells and back then John was a Headway agent . He repaired my cells and asked me if I`d like a ride on his Bomber . Lets say it was a bit more impressive than my 500 watt conversion . I went home and kept dreaming of a Stealth bike .Since then I`ve been lucky enough to test ride many Stealths and have tried the 3 different torque configurations he used to offer , though I don`t think he offered the highest torque one for sale . The perks of living close to Stealth HQ . And yer , Johns a top bloke .

Man thats cool. I wish I lived close to HQ, I would be poppin in all the time. My goal is to hook up with John the next time he is state side, and throw back a few beers.

Thanks for shedding a little light on the subject Rix.

I would love to hear more about John Karambalis, and Stealth's story. How, and why was he able to make a bike that is so thoroughly good? It can't just be by accident. Was it just him putting pencil to paper, or did he have help. Where did the original idea for the design come from? What was he making before Stealth's? Is he a bike lover, or more of a techno nerd? Is it true that he's the guy in the zombie movie trying to sell gasoline?

I'm sure that right before the first combustion engine was invented no one thought horses would become obsolete. I never foresaw a day that I would park my gas bikes for good, but for the kind of riding I do in the city, my Bomber is just better. It allows me to ride places, and do things that my Sportster can never do.

one4torque said:
Shelves are new age pro series. Good sturdy steel units. Should last.
Also using gladiator steel shelve racks.

Rix.. Every time i see one of your vids i think i need to road trip a couple bikes your way for a desert ride.

Going to make another vid soon. Its about time.

Back