E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, its nice to be part of the Team..! - I hope my comments didn't get taken out of context, I was just having a little fun. I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone.

CD... I'm an IT Director as well.. Been doing it waaaaaay longer than I care to admit, but its nice to hear that I have friends in the business that enjoy ebikes as well. - Speaking of... is there any other threads, forums, facebook that you guys might recommend that I look into..? While I'm waiting on the bike to be delivered, I've been reading the Owners Manual and picking up some odd's and ends to customize the bike more to my liking.

Specifically, I'm looking for the do's & don'ts of charging the battery as an example, as I may not be riding the bike everyday or even for days on end. I've read many posts and some say only to run the battery down to a certain percentage, never all the way... and the same goes for charging, etc... I'm reading some that say, always leave the charger on and other that say charge it every other day, even if you dont use the bike, it wont hurt the battery. its a bit confusing but I'll catch on.

One thing I do want to ask you guys... I see that Stealth once provided a dual headlight as a promo when you purchased a bike from them. I think it was a 1750 luman light if I recall. Anyway, I'll be taking the bike on vacation and plan on doing some night driving... does anyone have any input on where I can purchase one..? - possibly they are made by someone else now..?

Thanks in advance..

StudRock said:
One thing I do want to ask you guys... I see that Stealth once provided a dual headlight as a promo when you purchased a bike from them. I think it was a 1750 luman light if I recall. Anyway, I'll be taking the bike on vacation and plan on doing some night driving... does anyone have any input on where I can purchase one..? - possibly they are made by someone else now..?

Thanks in advance..

They are ferei BL200XQ and i was told from stealth that they don't make one with stealth logo anymore. I luckily found one with stealth logo used on eBay and didn't hesitate to buy it.
Anyway, you can find one on eBay new, shipped from Korea without the stealth logo. I purchased a set from him and they work great. :D
Yr9TrrB.jpg

uZxIh44.jpg

gs0JsOz.jpg

4ieIpTB.jpg

djjoonie said:
They are ferei BL200XQ and i was told from stealth that they don't make one with stealth logo anymore. I luckily found one with stealth logo used on eBay and didn't hesitate to buy it.

Ahh... that explains why I couldn't find it. - I'm okay without having the Stealth logo on it, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a knockoff that I was seeing online. Sounds like you're happy with it, so I'll give it a shot... it looks solid..! If you hear of anyone selling one, keep me posted.

Thanks...

StudRock said:
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, its nice to be part of the Team..! - I hope my comments didn't get taken out of context, I was just having a little fun. I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone.

CD... I'm an IT Director as well.. Been doing it waaaaaay longer than I care to admit, but its nice to hear that I have friends in the business that enjoy ebikes as well. - Speaking of... is there any other threads, forums, facebook that you guys might recommend that I look into..? While I'm waiting on the bike to be delivered, I've been reading the Owners Manual and picking up some odd's and ends to customize the bike more to my liking.

Specifically, I'm looking for the do's & don'ts of charging the battery as an example, as I may not be riding the bike everyday or even for days on end. I've read many posts and some say only to run the battery down to a certain percentage, never all the way... and the same goes for charging, etc... I'm reading some that say, always leave the charger on and other that say charge it every other day, even if you dont use the bike, it wont hurt the battery. its a bit confusing but I'll catch on.

Thanks in advance..

Only thing I want to offer is NEVER leave your bike out of sight if it’s not locked up at your home. Any dirt bag that knows what you have will try and steal it. Most bike and motorcycle locks can be cut or broken into within seconds so please keep that in mind. Your going to have a 1 1/2 carot VS-1 F color diamond ring just laying around if you leave it even for a moment. No I haven’t had mine stole but have heard...er...read enough heart wrenching stories here to always want to warn fellow riders. I wish that on no one!

Congrats on the kick ass new ride!

Tom

Thanks for the advise Tom... Unfortunately in today's world, you have you assume the worst and hope for the best. I have a KTM and another ebike in my garage and regardless if I'm going to be home or not, they are always locked up and covered. In addition, I also have covert surveillance in various points of the garage as well. Not that that's a preventative measure, but at least I can see whats going on.

Hey, on that note, is there an issue with laying the bike down for an extended period of time (2-4 hours or so). For example, I'd prefer NOT to have the bike standing up in plain view in the back of my truck when I go on vacation for anyone to see it. I'd prefer to lay it down "flat" under the hardtop cover and keep it locked until I get to my destination. I would think it would be okay, but want to get some thoughts....?

litespeed said:
Only thing I want to offer is NEVER leave your bike out of sight if it’s not locked up at your home. Any dirt bag that knows what you have will try and steal it. Most bike and motorcycle locks can be cut or broken into within seconds so please keep that in mind. Your going to have a 1 1/2 carot VS-1 F color diamond ring just laying around if you leave it even for a moment. No I haven’t had mine stole but have heard...er...read enough heart wrenching stories here to always want to warn fellow riders. I wish that on no one!

Congrats on the kick ass new ride!

Tom

That goes for every bike I've ever owned.

StudRock said:
- I know that Bigbore probably wants to break the land speed record and will probably do so on an electric vibrator. He’s a “whatever it takes” kinda guy..!

Welcome on board on this bunch of crazy guys :D ..... I see you've noticed that I'm the type "whatever it takes" .... in fact to build my own Bomber battery I took about 60 hours of which 24 more than normal because I wrapped each of the 280 cells in a turn of kapton tape and then I roughened them with sandpaper all this because I did not like how hot glue sticks on the surface of the bare cells.
Anyway you will have some awesome time on your Bomber but my advice is to not ride too fast off road on rough terrain at the beginning because of the unsprung weight of your back wheel.

Thank you for the warm welcome.. Yes, I'm looking forward to participating in the crew and conversations.

Oh trust me, I'm old enough to know better than to get on it right away.. I have a 700 horsepower Cobra and a KTM dual sport. So I'm very familiar with the Torquay speed and high output. I probably will never use it to its full capacity, but once I get comfortable with it, I'll give it a shot.

Yes, my comment of, "whatever it takes kind of guy" was a positive thing.. You do whatever it takes, but the big part is, you do it right..! And that's the part I can appreciate.

Yeah welcome!
About the ferei above, thats not a headlight it is a flashlight. So unless you want to blind every one you meet I suggest to invest in proper headlight.
When you go in traffic you want to have a beam poiting at the road and not everywhere around you. I just dont get why every single(almost) "bike lamp" manufacturer does not get this!

Example of a good one with low and high beam

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.0.0.19291ec1NJAchR&id=564359145061

TB2ED1bvKySBuNjy1zdXXXPxFXa_!!2975534843.jpg

The Ferei bike light does blind everyone infront of your bike but the newer ones have the shades on top so its little less blinding :)

oNyFoq2.jpg

djjoonie said:
The Ferei bike light does blind everyone infront of your bike but the newer ones have the shades on top so its little less blinding :)

oNyFoq2.jpg

That's kinda the way the wife looks at me after I told her I'm bring home another toy. Needless to say, the dog and I are very comfy on the couch...!!

I kinda like the Ferei light.. Anyone have one they want to sell... is that the "OX" model...?

That's kinda the way the wife looks at me after I told her I'm bring home another toy. Needless to say, the dog and I are very comfy on the couch...!!

Man you got the couch, I had to go to the garage on occasion.

Welcome fella!
If I could paint my bike every month I probably would!! Maybe if yer lucky I do Shelby blue w racing stripes!!

Anyway welcome glad to have some new blood... regarding laying the bike down the only thing I would be wary of is the crank arms are designed to bend. you could put something under the bike to prop it up so the pedals don't take all of the weight...

A small piece of advice that I wish I was told when I first got the bike.... say for example you are out on the road/ trail riding away and then hmmm maybe i will play with my suspension clickers...uhhh.. don't hold the throttle side of the bike while adjusting the clickers on the bottom of the forks with out reeeeaaally making sure the bike is off.. :roll:

Rix said:
Man you got the couch, I had to go to the garage on occasion.

I learned very QUICKLY that a nice gift, small, but nice, the week before or days leading before the announcement of yet another toy, "generally" gets me the couch, or at the very least, some non verbal communication for a few day's... which I'm fine with... The bad news it, I just found out that she's increased my life insurance policy... as she calls it, "just in case"... :shock:

1abv said:
Welcome fella!
If I could paint my bike every month I probably would!! Maybe if yer lucky I do Shelby blue w racing stripes!!

Anyway welcome glad to have some new blood... regarding laying the bike down the only thing I would be wary of is the crank arms are designed to bend. you could put something under the bike to prop it up so the pedals don't take all of the weight...

A small piece of advice that I wish I was told when I first got the bike.... say for example you are out on the road/ trail riding away and then hmmm maybe i will play with my suspension clickers...uhhh.. don't hold the throttle side of the bike while adjusting the clickers on the bottom of the forks with out reeeeaaally making sure the bike is off.. :roll:

Thank you sir.. NOW we're talking. That brings up a good point that I never really thought out until now. With the exception of maybe one or two colors, Ford never really had wild off the wall colors. But all kidding aside, I do like the colors that you painted the bike, thats my style. The Orange and Lime are my favs... For my first color modification, I think I'm going to do a nice Cammo wrap (blacks & grays) with Orange carbon fiber wrap accents on the "S" and "52". I guess I first need to find a video on how to disassemble the damn thing... but that will be a winter project.

Ahhh... okay, so if I lay the bike down and support the weight OFF of the crank, I should be good to go for an extended period of time.

StudRock said:
Ahhh... okay, so if I lay the bike down and support the weight OFF of the crank, I should be good to go for an extended period of time.

You should just simply remove one side of the pedal, it will solve the issue. super fast and easy to remove the pedal.
it would be best if you also remove the handlebar to lay it flat and purhaps with some blanket under the bike to absorb some of the impact from potholes for your bike.
just an idea :)

djjoonie said:
You should just simply remove one side of the pedal, it will solve the issue. super fast and easy to remove the pedal.
it would be best if you also remove the handlebar to lay it flat and purhaps with some blanket under the bike to absorb some of the impact from potholes for your bike.

@djjoonie - thats a great idea..!! I have a set of tools with me anyway. I also have some 8 foot strips of heavy gauge 8 or 10" memory foam from my old sleep number bed. I could cut it down in nice strips and lay the bike on top of it.

Love the Fighter too..!! I may have to test ride one of those if I can find someone around here that has one. The funny thing is.. I've only seen, MAYBE, 5 or 6 ebikes around my way (burbs of Philadelphia PA...) none of which were quality. It would be cool to do a meet up, but there's none around... Nobody want to play with a "Charlie in the Box" ... :|

Hey Djjoonie.... I see you have one of those lights that I'm looking to get.... I see by your pictures that you do a lot of day time riding...interested in selling me that one... :lol: - If so PM me...! :wink:

StudRock said:
djjoonie said:
it would be best if you also remove the handlebar to lay it flat and perhaps with some blanket under the bike to absorb some of the impact from potholes for your bike.

@djjoonie - thats a great idea..!! I have a set of tools with me anyway. I also have some 8 foot strips of heavy gauge 8 or 10" memory foam from my old sleep number bed. I could cut it down in nice strips and lay the bike on top of it.

Love the Fighter too..!! I may have to test ride one of those if I can find someone around here that has one. The funny thing is.. I've only seen, MAYBE, 5 or 6 ebikes around my way (burbs of Philadelphia PA...) none of which were quality. It would be cool to do a meet up, but there's none around... Nobody want to play with a "Charlie in the Box" ... :|

Hey Djjoonie.... I see you have one of those lights that I'm looking to get.... I see by your pictures that you do a lot of day time riding...interested in selling me that one... :lol: - If so PM me...! :wink:

The fighter is pretty cool, its not fast as bomber but its not slow as well.
I get about 27mph with just a throttle and 28-30mph with full throttle + pedal to the metal.
I ordered a newer 30ah battery from stealth and they are saying I can get it upto 37mph after I installed the new battery. Im sure there are members here like CD or hyena etc can make their own battery packs, modify controllers and bring up the power like the bomber.

Anyways for the light, I bought from ebay, its still available brand new. you can search bl200xq on ebay and only 1 result will show, seller "fiuscamshop" he ships it from Korea but it comes within a week. I would love to sell mine but I really love these lights :) :D

Allex said:
What a ludicrous price on the ebay.
I contact Ferrei directly back in 2014 and got a quote at USD$108.2 for a BL200X

it is indeed ludicrous price, I asked stealth direct, they said $550 for same no stealth logo light :cry: :evil: :twisted:
This was back in 2016, im not sure if stealth sells them anymore tho.

Hey Guys..

I'm happy to report that I received my bike yesterday late in the evening. Unfortunately its supposed to rain ALL DAY today so I probably wont get to test ride it yet... however, I would like to make some "minor" changes and that's where I need your help.

First, YES, I read the 600 + pages and I've been trying to search for this topic (many ways) for about 40 mins now. I know I've read it, but for the life of me, I cant find it again. I'm trying to see if there is an issue with SWAPPING the front and rear break levers. I want it to stay consistent with my motorcycle and have the front brake on the right side. I "thought" that I read that the newer Bombers came with the front brakes on the right. The gentleman that owned the bike before I, replaced the handlebars, so I'm thinking that he swapped them.

My question is... are the brake cables long enough on a 2016 Bomber to move the brake level from one side to the other...? Thanks guys.. in the mean time, I'll keep searching for that thread...

StudRock said:
Hey Guys..

My question is... are the brake cables long enough on a 2016 Bomber to move the brake level from one side to the other...? Thanks guys.. in the mean time, I'll keep searching for that thread...

On my 2013 model the front brake came on the right. If you reverse them on your bike you can try unscrewing the hoses from the lever, and moving them, but they might leak after that. If that happens you'll need to cut the brake hose, and install a new ferrule, and them bleed the brake.

Magura brakes? You can just invert them unlike others! No disconnecting of the line needed.
Just swap places, takes 5minutes, way easier than searching through entire thread.

Back