E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Bullfrog said:
Rix said:
Bullfrog said:
What motor comes in the Stealth B-52 at this point?

If it is not the Crystalyte motor with a 55mm tall stator, has anyone used the H5580 or H55100 motor? It appears it comes in a couple different widths one of which will fit a bike with 135mm dropouts.

Thanks

Stealth is currently using the H55xx UFO series. Minus the different hub side covers and spoke flange drillings, its the same is the standard H55xx series. I don't think an H55 will fit a 135mm dropout, if it does, there won't be enough room for the disk brake and freewheel, You may want to look at the H40xx or H35xx series. Those will fit and you can probably fit up to a 5 or 6 speed free wheel.

Thank You :).

I'll check with Crystalyte on the disc brake rotor/freewheel. Sent them a message a while back and the actual width of the H55xx motor is 140mm so it should fit in a steel framed 135mm bike with a little flexing.

Was it the axle face width they referenced as 140mm?

Rix said:
Bullfrog said:
Rix said:
Bullfrog said:
What motor comes in the Stealth B-52 at this point?

If it is not the Crystalyte motor with a 55mm tall stator, has anyone used the H5580 or H55100 motor? It appears it comes in a couple different widths one of which will fit a bike with 135mm dropouts.

Thanks

Stealth is currently using the H55xx UFO series. Minus the different hub side covers and spoke flange drillings, its the same is the standard H55xx series. I don't think an H55 will fit a 135mm dropout, if it does, there won't be enough room for the disk brake and freewheel, You may want to look at the H40xx or H35xx series. Those will fit and you can probably fit up to a 5 or 6 speed free wheel.

I'll check with Crystalyte on the disc brake rotor/freewheel. Sent them a message a while back and the actual width of the H55xx motor is 140mm so it should fit in a steel framed 135mm bike with a little flexing.

The Crystalyte web site and the guy I was corresponding with said the H55xx motor was available in three widths: 140mm / 162mm / 190mm.

Bullfrog said:
Rix said:
Bullfrog said:
Rix said:

The Crystalyte web site and the guy I was corresponding with said the H55xx motor was available in three widths: 140mm / 162mm / 190mm.
Okay thats good, the 140mm is the axle width, don't expect much room for anything but a single speed free wheel.

Rix said:
1abv said:
131E5C74-BA6E-4CBD-8CDA-0AC4CA592C6B.jpeg

Bomber don’t care about trees…
TV would disagree, but the Bomber is in its natural environment.

I always say you can ride any motorbike anywhere, they used to ride Harley big twins in the dirt. Some bikes are just better at it than others.

:lol:
Theodore Voltaire said:
Rix said:
1abv said:
131E5C74-BA6E-4CBD-8CDA-0AC4CA592C6B.jpeg

Bomber don’t care about trees…
TV would disagree, but the Bomber is in its natural environment.

I always say you can ride any motorbike anywhere, they used to ride Harley big twins in the dirt. Some bikes are just better at it than others.
:lol:

"We want to be free, free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. We want to be free to ride our machines, and not be hassled by the man, and we want to get loaded, and we want to have a good time, and that's what we're gona to do, we're gona have a party."

Theodore Voltaire said:
"We want to be free, free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. We want to be free to ride our machines, and not be hassled by the man, and we want to get loaded, and we want to have a good time, and that's what we're gona to do, we're gona have a party."

Peter Fonda, Easy Rider?

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

Peter Fonda, Easy Rider?

Yes, Peter Fonda, but I think it was from the Wild Angels

A video with 200 Sur Ron's doing wheelies in traffic in Houston made me think of it.

I was recently at the Secret Stealth Skunk Works in Melbourne getting a stripped axle repaired on my B52 and scored a ride on the new one.
Its longer and the bigger dia stock wheels look good. The bigger brakes feel good. I really like having the regen button integrated into the rear brake lever. They said the bigger dia wheels will make it feel slower off the line but it still felt like it goes pretty good to me.
Its got the new gearbox with electric shift.
The photo shows my red one behind the new one - for security reasons i am unable to show more than the arm and foot of the Stealth Person, but they did say its ok to share the photo.
I'm wondering whether my other half would like my red one so i can get a new one.......
20221007_164936.jpg

A while ago i showed progress pics of my quest to reduce the maintenance on my B52. I'd like a belt drive, but it sounds like its too difficult. In the meantime, my chain is now enclosed most of the way around which has made a massive difference to wear, lubrication and adjustment intervals.
I'm a bit slack and STILL haven't enclosed the rear bit at the motor, even though i have some material to try it with.
The front section is welded onto the stock cover and been given a quick lick of paint.
Was a bit of a challenge getting it to clear the crank and chain, but it works a treat.
Obviously i need to remove the whole cover to replace the chain, but now that the chain lasts 20x longer its not a hassle at all.
This bike is (more or less) a "daily driver" 22km each way to work and i forgot how much i appreciate the performance until i rode a "regular" ebike to work one day and was struggling to do 20km/hr into a headwind that the B52 would have laughed at.
20221209_160631.jpg
20221209_160641.jpg

TimL said:
A while ago i showed progress pics of my quest to reduce the maintenance on my B52. I'd like a belt drive, but it sounds like its too difficult. In the meantime, my chain is now enclosed most of the way around which has made a massive difference to wear, lubrication and adjustment intervals.
I'm a bit slack and STILL haven't enclosed the rear bit at the motor, even though i have some material to try it with.
The front section is welded onto the stock cover and been given a quick lick of paint.
Was a bit of a challenge getting it to clear the crank and chain, but it works a treat.
Obviously i need to remove the whole cover to replace the chain, but now that the chain lasts 20x longer its not a hassle at all.
This bike is (more or less) a "daily driver" 22km each way to work and i forgot how much i appreciate the performance until i rode a "regular" ebike to work one day and was struggling to do 20km/hr into a headwind that the B52 would have laughed at.
20221209_160631.jpg
20221209_160641.jpg
Good mods there, Jealous you got to test ride directly from the skunk works. Thats awesome.

Back