E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

hey everyone, I haven’t been on here for awhile but I’ve still been riding my trusty f37 and having a blast. I came on here to ask all you b52 experts about a bike I saw for sale. It’s b52 #689 and has about 2700 miles on it and 243 battery cycles. I’ve always been intrigued by the extra power and gear box that would allow for more ease of pedaling if I choose to.

My guess is that it’s around a 2015 model. Is there any difference between this and newer 2020-2021 models? I know the 2022-2023 got a refresh, but I haven’t seen too much info on the newest models.

Anything I should look out for? Thanks in advance!

hey everyone, I haven’t been on here for awhile but I’ve still been riding my trusty f37 and having a blast. I came on here to ask all you b52 experts about a bike I saw for sale. It’s b52 #689 and has about 2700 miles on it and 243 battery cycles. I’ve always been intrigued by the extra power and gear box that would allow for more ease of pedaling if I choose to.

My guess is that it’s around a 2015 model. Is there any difference between this and newer 2020-2021 models? I know the 2022-2023 got a refresh, but I haven’t seen too much info on the newest models.

I think that's going to be a 2012 model with possibly a CA2 computer. My bomber is #412 and shipped to Texas in November 2013. My bike has a CA3 computer
2014 models said B52 on the side covers, and had a different computer. I'm not familiar with 2020 models, except that by then hardly anyone in America ever heard of Stealth.

I think that's going to be a 2012 model with possibly a CA2 computer. My bomber is #412 and shipped to Texas in November 2013. My bike has a CA3 computer
2014 models said B52 on the side covers, and had a different computer. I'm not familiar with 2020 models, except that by then hardly anyone in America ever heard of Stealth.
Here’s some pics of the bike and the screen. I think it’s a newer version than yours but not sure the exact specs. I was looking into the boxxbike Valkyrie but this b52 is a pretty good deal and my ideal color which is super tempting.

Attachments

• 7F5D8614-5DB2-405D-891D-82A387B1D5D0.jpeg
    7F5D8614-5DB2-405D-891D-82A387B1D5D0.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 2DEBBAEE-E4D8-46E6-B5D6-81575959980C.jpeg
    2DEBBAEE-E4D8-46E6-B5D6-81575959980C.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 17
Here’s some pics of the bike and the screen. I think it’s a newer version than yours but not sure the exact specs. I was looking into the boxxbike Valkyrie but this b52 is a pretty good deal and my ideal color which is super tempting.
How much is it?

That's a newer one than mine, so it can't be #689. It has to be 2014 or later.

I would be prepared to buy a battery sometime soon based off the age of the bike.

I am thinking it could be a late 2015 and more likely a 2016 year for #689. Stealth sold over a 100 bombers from between the first half of 2012 and the second half of 2013, I took deliver of Bomber #143 in early 2012. But then sales slowed down a bit due to Stealth US in Arizona and Stealth Australia not agreeing to a renewing/negotiating accord in 2014. So I am thinking 2016 but we will see when I hear back from my super secret connection. He's a guy that knows a guy. What to look for is, make sure the VBOXX shifts and works in all 9 gears. If its lasted this long, it probably won't give you any problems, but if it does, you won't be able to get parts for repair. Some of the guys on this thread had to make their own parts to keep the VBOXX going. Other than that, probably will need to get a new battery, as that one may be getting tired from age and lack of uses. If the owner knew how to store the bike and what state of charge, then the battery would probably be fine for another 200 cycles. My Bomber had 16,000 miles on it before the battery finally shit the bed, meaning that hot off the charge, even with amps turned down to 40, it would trip the BMS if I whacked the throttle too quickly. Anyway, I will update/confirm what year it was made when I find out.

Ring a ding ding!!! Rix with the win! yup its mash.. I was riding through the set.. not too much is left but still pretty cool..

Reactions: Rix
You were correct about 2015. Bomber #689 Shipped to Bike Craze in Anaheim CA July 2015. It had a white frame, rims, handlebars, and pedals. Based on your picture, looks like it still has most of the OEM bits.

Your guy who knows a guy really came through! 🤣

Yeah I don’t know, I feel like the price is still pretty good but if the battery will need replacing in a year or 2 and the vboxx can’t be repaired I should probably look elsewhere. Or just stop looking at all and keeping riding my F37 😬

Thanks for the info!

Cozen don’t let the vboxx stand in your way. It will be fine. Talke a look at the pics I put up. I’m always in very rough terrain I take the bike to its limit and then some and I always pedal. I was the one who had parts made. Don’t sweat it. I got in touch w sun tour in Taiwan. I could have shipped it there for repairs but I just had a friend fix up a gear. I actually never installed it because I got in touch w stealth and they shipped
Me a few gears lying around from a spare vboxx. Under normal use and even abuse the vboxx is fine. As far as the battery I doubt you’ll be able to get a bomber for 2500.. 4K isn’t bad. After all you’re dealing w a high performance ebike. But it would be cool to pick it up for 2500!!

Reactions: Rix
hey what are you fellas using to protect your phase wires to the motor? currently im using that split cable loom but im looking for other options

Back