Ekross Vector Aussie build

Waiting on ignition key. As I'm not going to use battery isolator as advised by cowardly duck, I think I will just put an Anderson plug between battery pack and controller like on my giant trance then I can just unplug and plug charger in. :D

Nice colour combo, I like it a lot.

Lol

I was covering my bets if she doesn't like it I have a really cool bike.

Ignition key turned up today just too cold here atm, we had 8 inches of snow last night.

so a few bits turned up yesterday.

not sure how water proof key switch is.

Cowardly duck I think we are in the wrong business the thermal pad was $39.95 for a 100 x 100mm square.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1975.JPG
    IMG_1975.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 3,047
kiwiev said:
Cowardly duck I think we are in the wrong business the thermal pad was $39.95 for a 100 x 100mm square.
LOL :lol: What specs does it have for that price?

r3volved said:
off topic sorry...<br abp="765">Do you guys regularly get snow (I didn't know that)?<br abp="766">I don't think I've ever even seen a picture of snow in Australia.
I did this ride in Australia too. :)
[youtube]QE4OgQbd4J8[/youtube]

Cheers

NICE!!! Cowardly Duck

So did a wee bit more for an hour this arvo on controller cooler got Copper strap clamped to controller with 3 mm coupling pad (it was the only 3mm one I could find) I needed this to fit into the fins of controller.

Also got some heat paste and driller and tapped threads in to heat sink to mount to frame and copper strap.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1976.JPG
    IMG_1976.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 3,044
  • IMG_1977.JPG
    IMG_1977.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 3,044
Thanks Cowardly Duck :D :D :D

Did a bit more today got the2 strips of copper connected after some bending and tongue out maneuvers :lol:

Made up a steel spacer bracket for the rear Zee calipers.

Just have to route the hose up to the bars which is a PITA because I have to cut the top fitting off to feed thru the holes in the frame with out oil leaking every where (to stop a total re-bleed)

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1982.JPG
    IMG_1982.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 3,007
  • IMG_1981.JPG
    IMG_1981.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 3,007
Sorry have been away at work,

Can anyone give advise on cutting brake line and routing up to handle bars without getting brake fluid everywhere or it just one of those craps jobs.

Cheers

There's a small window on the bottom of your frame near where the swing arm bolts on
undo the small allen key bolts and pass your lever through into the frame
xbrZE4a.jpg

Thanks Ozman worked a treat :D

Got handle bars sorted out but the all in one throttle and switch gets in the way of derailed changer and puts the brake handle high don't no what to do :?

Attachments

• IMG_2004.JPG
    IMG_2004.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 2,911
Jobs to do:

Wire up battery pack
work out away to attach batteries to the aluminum floor plate and then Tex screw to frame maybe cloth tape :|

what has everyone else done to secure batteries?

wire up hall plug and ignition switch

cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2003.JPG
    IMG_2003.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 2,898
kiwiev said:
Got handle bars sorted out but the all in one throttle and switch gets in the way of derailed changer and puts the brake handle high don't no what to do :?
Do you have a front derailleur? If not and you've only got the rear cogs to worry about, I would suggest doing as myself and many others have done here and use a grip shifter mounted upside-down on the left side. Sure, the numbers are upside down and the twist direction is reversed, but it's super easy to get used to.

kiwiev said:
what has everyone else done to secure batteries?
Use padding. Lots of padding. And more padding. :)
As long as your not stressing the batteries and it's not 35C+ ambient, the padding won't cause too much heat build up. You will want to make it easy to remove the cells periodically for maintenance, so it's not a bad idea to enclose the cells/padding all together, but leave the tops exposed for wiring configuration changes.

Cheers

Did a big day on the bike today,

Got battery pack balanced charged and together,

Installed heavy phase wires to Hub.

Attachments

• IMG_2012.JPG
    IMG_2012.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 2,860
Changed shifter over cheers Cowardly Duck :D

Cut plug off old controller to fit hall plug off Hub and used big electrical connector to joint Hub phase wires to controller.

I swapped phase wires over and got hub spinning correct direction and thought all was good.

Cleaned up wiring and installed key switch.

Everything seemed OK.

BUT when I ride it starts from a dead stop for a few meters then the throttle cuts off, if I lift wheel of the ground the hub spins up fine. :?

and if I peddle and give throttle there is nothing. :?

So the plug I cut off the controller was for a EM3 red black green yellow and blue so I soldered these the same color to the crstalite plug.

I NEED HELP I think its a hall phase wire but not sure.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2013.JPG
    IMG_2013.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,858
Few things that could be:

1) LVC of the controller may be set to high and your battery voltage is sagging under load to the LVC.

2) Hall/phase combo might still be wrong even though it 'works'. Try a different combo. It's usually (painful) trial and error till you find the one good combination of 36.

3) Could be another setting on the controller...did you get a programming cable? Try flashing it with known good settings if you have one.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Few things that could be:

1) LVC of the controller may be set to high and your battery voltage is sagging under load to the LVC.

2) Hall/phase combo might still be wrong even though it 'works'. Try a different combo. It's usually (painful) trial and error till you find the one good combination of 36.

3) Could be another setting on the controller...did you get a programming cable? Try flashing it with known good settings if you have one.

Cheers

Thanks Blake I tried:

1) no difference
2) I need time have to drive to Roma tomorrow for work :( but I think you are right. The REgen is working too. :D on free wheel slows the wheel up really quick.
3) Yes I got a cable but haven't looked into software etc.

Cheers

Back