Ekross Vector Aussie build

Hey there,

Can I pester you for some rough dimensions on that hitch hauler?

I was planning on making something very similar (also got the concept from Jay's) but also for two bikes. I guess I am mostly interested in what steel you used (ie 3" SHS 1.6mm? 75mm channel? etc) I am also interested in an approximate weight of the finished item if you happen to know roughly what it weighs.

Thanks heaps

-Robbo

Hey Robbo

No probes mate

50mm x 5mm wall shs into tow bar with appropriate hole for pin.

This was about 350mm long and butted into first channel side

Channels are actually 75 x 75 mm angle 5mm with a 5mm x 75mm flat welded up side this will fit and hold 3 inch tyres upright while you strap down. They are 1800mm long including the angle at end which is 250mm long the angle was a 60mm cut out triangle, then bend up and weld.

The remaining SHS is 50 x 50 x 2mm which I welded between and under channels.

Total weight 25KG

It's not too high and works well.

Cheers Kiwi

I wish my wife was that dirty.

WOW this has to be one of the best things I have bought off Ebay.

The Mud guard bolted straight on. :D

I think it looks cool 8)

Attachments

• IMG_2047.JPG
    IMG_2047.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 2,009
  • IMG_2049.JPG
    IMG_2049.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 2,009
kiwiev said:
Lol Sam

Hey any luck on my PM I sent you?
Hey I'm finally back up to speed. Have sent you info on my new toys.
Cheers.

Went for a quick spin around the paddock mud guard is awesome no flapping and works :D

It's great to look over too 8)

Will start the black Russian build soon.

What front wheel will match a 17inch rear with postie tyre on, I know it's on here some where just cant find it atm.

Or will a 26inch on the front not be too big.

Cheers KiwI

And so it begins. :roll:

Have ordered some carbon handle bars, still tossing on front wheel I have a 26" already so i think i will just give it a try.

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2051.JPG
    IMG_2051.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,929
  • IMG_2052.JPG
    IMG_2052.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,929
You know I thought maybe you could put a free wheel cog on the disc brake side and run a chain to a Mid mount big motor I think there would be room to mount one then you would have the torque and no heat issues, I'm not sure if you can flip a free wheel cog I'm sure it could be done :D

Have you any ideas on motors John?

Cheers

what is the weight of that kit?

And Kw?

It would be nice build up a light DH big hit for Thredbo cannon ball run up hill :lol:

Nice and light riding and big jump but it really needs at least a 50 km range, I think I will end up with shares in Hobby King. :D

kiwiev said:
Hey Robbo

No probes mate

50mm x 5mm wall shs into tow bar with appropriate hole for pin.

This was about 350mm long and butted into first channel side

Channels are actually 75 x 75 mm angle 5mm with a 5mm x 75mm flat welded up side this will fit and hold 3 inch tyres upright while you strap down. They are 1800mm long including the angle at end which is 250mm long the angle was a 60mm cut out triangle, then bend up and weld.

The remaining SHS is 50 x 50 x 2mm which I welded between and under channels.

Total weight 25KG

It's not too high and works well.

Cheers Kiwi

Thanks Kiwi,

I've only got a tiny mig, I don't think it can handle 5mm, think 3mm steel would be strong enough? On that note, does yours wobble around much?

Hey Robbo

I couldn't get 3mm 75mm angle but if you can that's great :D

But the 50 x 50mm for the tow hitch needs to be 5mm or it will break off a small mig might be OK just do 3 runs on each weld :D

I put some small welds on the tow hitch to make it tight then I tightened up the bolt underneath to stop it wobbling the bikes don't move at all cheers

Hi it was good catching up with Blake (cowardly duck) and have a wee ride on his stealth very nice !!!

What do people think of the 36v 15 Ah Lithium ion battery on eBay was thinking of getting 4 for 72 volt 30 Ah????

Cheers Kiwi

real sunny day here so I thought I just have to ride :mrgreen:

So I borrowed Cowardly Ducks bike hitch (freshly made) awesome ride.

And more great news, took side cover off to balance charge and it appears I have only been riding on1 18s pack, one of XT plugs was unplugged on the other pack so now I think i will get 30-36km WOT :lol:

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2072.JPG
    IMG_2072.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,783
Hey Ozman

Its just cycledeals on Ebay cheap have just ordered another one 165mm instead of 170mm cranks you will have to change the chain ring they come with 46 or 48 on change to 38 a 42 would probably be better also switch ring to back of crank to give better alignment to cassette.

The best thing is the the shadow clutch derail er I haven't thrown a chain yet and I ride reasonable hard for an old guy :lol:

hope that helps mate.

Cheers Kiwi

WOW WOW WOW :mrgreen: :D

Went up to cowardly ducks today and prior to a ride he unleashed the beast on my controller 7kw :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Awesome :D manage to get the hub to 90 on the outside thanks to some cool stick on heat stickers from Blake :D
We did some of his local fire trail goat hills his videos doesn't really show the steepest bits.

Then we had an incident :oops: I will let Blake explain on his cooling hub thread, but besides that his fans really work :D .

All and all a day I won't forget thanks Blake.

Back