• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Ekross Vector Aussie build

Yep if there is six wires per gang then the sixth one will usually be for temp. Usually white between red and black wires on plug.

Grab an ohmmeter and measure between white and black if there is...

CHEERS Sam

Where do I hook to your controller for temp?

The halls I guess are
blue blue
Yellow yellow
Green green
Black black
Red red

?

Did you see my posts about your wind turbines

Cheers Kiwi

Sam should have the final say since he sold you the controller, but usually controllers don't have a temp input from the motor (Adaptto being the exception I can think of).
The temp sensor would normally connect to your CA, if it's a CA V3. If you've got a V2.3 your out of luck I think...however that doesn't mean you can't get a readout from the sensor.

No idea what's out there but there might be some temp displays for the sensor in the motor if you can find out exactly which type of sensor it is.

Cheers

kiwiev said:
Hey Blake the controller Bluetooth to iPhone app and has display with speed temp volts amps and programming. :D

Cheers Kiwi

What kind of controller is that? The Brand name I mean? Is it mentioned on Samd's website, cos I didn't see nothing there.

I think its a 10k thermistor from memory. Need to check. Most common.
If I am right then a 3dollar eBay thermometer can do the job.
These ones generally have a 10k thermistor inside the little silver cap, you can chop it and patch it in.
And this goes to 110celsius.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=252006846738&alt=web

On a cro setup, your batteries and controller are a key risk, so do keep an eye on the controllers temp.https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=46551&start=25#p685380

Cheers Sam

I have 6 x 6s 30c 15000mah packs I will try first. But I am planning to go 18650 I have a mate who has some Tesla packs with 5000miles on them. They will be apita to pull apart but they have individual cell monitor and cooling and heating. Good buying at $3 a cell what do you think?

Cheers Kiwi

Nice. If you cut the original thermistor off any of those digital meters, and leave it in a 23 degree room for a bit, then measure the resistance at a multimeter at 23deg, you can find out if its a 2k, 5k, 10k or some other thermistor.
Warm it or cool it and you can work out if it has a positive or negative coefficient.

10k NTC is so common now its a fair bet.

You can do the same experiment with any hubmotor also.

Thanks Sam and Blake for the info :D

I have a set of cranks coming for the Black bike what do you think about a bit of grease on the bb and put the cranks in the oven for half an hour prior to putting them on.

Has anyone got the make up torque for these s?

Cheers Kiwi

So a bit of an update

the red crank on ring gear side came loose so I replaced it with another one and it seems tight still goes on a far way :?

The black Russian is coming along still waiting on cranks and a carbon seat post and front wheel.

Set up rear wheel fabricated a steel spacer on derailer side to space out chain tensioner the Cromotor is so wide :p
Put Magura MT5 next Quad and 203 mm rotor on had to grind down bolts for rotor as they bottomed out in hub before they got tight, but nice fit and for once a 203 rear brake adapter bolted straight in.

Ran motor cable on swing arm took a leaf from Emoto and used RC model straps to hold it on easy to undo if I have to take the wheel off :D :D

Attachments

• IMG_2096.JPG
    IMG_2096.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 2,216
  • IMG_2097.JPG
    IMG_2097.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 2,216
you can buy a velcro tape type roll that is used by horticulturists to tie up their plant stems to the stick. it is about 10mm wide and the velcro is not as firm as the cloth type but it does work well to tie up plant stems so it may work for holding wires onto the frame too.

Great idea Dnmun

Maybe cheaper than HK.

So Samd came thru with the front wheel and 3" tire wow wow :D :p looks really good I think.

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2099.JPG
    IMG_2099.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,191
Looks great mate. I do like the 24" front...good balance between a size that's large enough to roll over stuff without issue, but not so big as to look weird compared to the rear.

That front tire looks a lot like the Felt BermMaster though...this is what I think of the Berm Masters:
[youtube]FMwH5PF03LQ[/youtube]
In case it's not obvious...I hate them. I've only had a few bad accidents on my Stealth, and both times was in the wet, on pavement, using the Berm Masters.

Cheers

Yeah it is CD but what are they like on the dirt?
Cranks turned up put grease on BB and heated cranks up before putting on then lock tight nuts :D

Pedals on and joined 2 bmx half link chains together, will finish tomorrow.
Ordered 150amp bullet plugs for motor phase wires they turned up too. :D

So the job list is getting shorter waiting on some 8 gauge silicon wire to turn up to wire up lipo pack.

Cheers Kiwi

Sweet. Looks like you'll be up and running soon then. :D

The Berm Masters are a compromising dual purpose tire. They are ok at most things, but not great any anything.
The are ok (but loud) in a straight line on pavement/tarmac, and they are pretty good on very soft dirt, sand and mud.
Where they suck badly IMO is on wet pavement, hard cornering dry pavement, and hard pack dirt.
The nobs are too big and too evenly distributed IMO. On anything hard, when you corner the tire will slip/skip minutely between the nobs as it hops from one to the next.
On hard pack dirt the nobs are too big to bite in properly.

Plenty of others like them...I like the size, 24X3", but that's about it.

Cheers

Thanks CD
I agree that they do look good 8)

And seem light, cant weight to see how new controller and Cromotor go together.

Samd can you give me the cross over wire colours to match the 3 speed twist throttle combo I think I have the throttle worked out but the 3 speed switch wires are totally different :?

Cheers Kiwi

Sorry fella, have been on Korea - home now!
Yep can help with the throttle. If you can use a multimeter you can find the three speed wires by finding a wire that is common with two other wires when you rock the switch back and forth. Let me know if you want me to drop you a line via phone and talk you thru it.

I'm dying to see that controller and the Cro go.

Sh*t CD, if you are riding a Berm Master on wet concrete that is insane and you shoudn't sound surprised at the outcome.
Its a Berm Master. Not a pavement master.
There's no way a Berm or a Hookworm even should be run that way.
Wow. Your dentist must love you.

Sam calm down, there's no need for hostility.
The Berm Master's were provided to me as an alternative to the Duro's when I originally bought my Fighter from Stealth. I was told by John K that they were a cross tire for mixed riding.
Many others here on E-S have also said it is a mixed use tire and use it as such, so either Stealth + many others on ES are misguided, or you are.
Why are you saying it's not a mixed use tire?

Regardless, what I said about it not being a great tire off-road still stands IMO. I'll be genuinely glad if Kiwiev find's differently and likes it, but I feel obliged to warn him and others after my negative experiences.

Cheers

I'm certainly saying its not for wet concrete. One look and its plain to see there's gonna be trouble.

Back