Electric scooter burnt frame still good?

How hot did it get? What's it made of? If it was hot enough, some materials lose signficant strength and might fail unexpectedly under load later.

If it was a prebuilt scooter, then what brand and model scooter was it? (so people can avoid that brand as potentially prone to battery fires, so they don't die or kill someone with it by having it near or inside their house, garage, apt, etc. ).

If it wasn't prebuilt, then what brand and model battery was it, and what was the purchase source (again, so people can avoid those).

If you don't know, then it's safer to assume the frame is unsafe to reuse.

The only way I can think of without knowing how hot it got and knowing the material limits, and without specific testing equipment for failure precursors, is to destructively test it (see how much it can take until it fails), but that's not very useful for actually re-using it.

Any battery chemistry can have a fire, if there's no protection on the wiring, or if something goes wrong with the battery or wiring, etc.

Because of the fire damage itself, there's no easy way to know what specifically went wrong to cause your scooter's fire, especially without knowing everything that led up to it, but because of manufacturing and design problems, it is going to happen sometimes, unfortunately.

what blew up and burnt? I've seen lead acid batteries blow up before, shooting electrolyte out like a geyser, but not burn up.

Steel, okay to reuse. Aluminum, don't do it.

Looking at your photo, my call is naw, that's garbage.

Glad that didn't happen while you were riding.

Ghost Rider.gif

Last edited:
Back