Endless Sphere knowledgebase system ( zeropress ) and funding drive

Cool, up to $726 I'm beginning to think this project can be funded. :)

I'm currently working on ( my side ):
- The plan for adding just enough functionality that it can be used as a standalone open source package.
- Materials needed to begin shotgun approach for acquiring funding as an open source project.
- Assessing public interest level outside of ES, so far it's very positive and a few people told me their companies might want it.
- Github account and associated infrastructure for allowing external contributions so that we can both crowd-fund and crowd-build.
- A logo. Working on some concepts:
1717787132948.png

I'm trying to get an OK from Justin to open a merch shop, which will also help fund Zeropress.

If we can get $1000 of pledges, i can start accepting real donations and work on getting the other funding sources together.

I can pledge $50. I only have paypal. What disaster? Do tell please. I've had paypal for around 20 years, never had problems.

Thanks!

I never had problems for 20 years until this year, they cut me off from making payments for no reason. They had a verification thing that was broken. Many emails to customer service were ignored. I tried to open a business account, and it got blocked, and they finally got to my request.. 6 months later.

Finally understood some of the horror stories!

Wow, we're up to $926, i think we can actually make this happen! sounds like i'll have to sort out where we take money etc this week!

I refuse PP. If the recipient doesn't accept direct debit, CC, or snailmail MO,.... then I don't buy or simply do without.

I refuse PP. If the recipient doesn't accept direct debit, CC, or snailmail MO,.... then I don't buy or simply do without.
What troubles have you had with paypal? I'd like to know so I can avoid having them (if possible) in the future.

Thanks!

I never had problems for 20 years until this year, they cut me off from making payments for no reason. They had a verification thing that was broken. Many emails to customer service were ignored. I tried to open a business account, and it got blocked, and they finally got to my request.. 6 months later.

Finally understood some of the horror stories!
That's horrible customer service! Is your account re-established now? Did you try calling? They used to be quick and easy to reach by phone but taking longer recently. I've only had to file a dispute once and got my refund quickly.

There's no phone number to call. The problem was resolved though.
lots of horror stories online in the last couple years if you want to investigate those. Safe to say paypal will not be the primary way to donate.

(888) 221-1161 has been in my phonebook for PP for 20 years. I've not called them for a long time (haven't had a need to). Just tried, it recognized my phone number and id me with last 4 SS. Answered with voice recognition (used to get a live person). Asked and got my balance.

edit:
I am not defending paypal. Just relaying my own experience with them.

Speaking of fundraising, i have authorization from Justin to open an ES merch shop now. Yeehaw! :es:

Some decisions made.

I'm confident we can scrape 2k together from the forum.

I will make this 'for ES' version and then find a way to follow up in a year with the full version i wanted to build originally. We'll call this new version the Tournament Edition because it will add the social features that make the knowledgebase system it's own platform.

1718129482768.png

We can easily port those features back to the ES version when that version is done without asking for funding again. So that's cool :)

We're taking pledges to get to $1000 before we open up the donations. We're looking for a total of $2000.
Current pledge total is $926, what you got? :)

I pledge another $25 total $125
later floyd

Wow, that would put us at $1500 something.

Ok, i will setup some way to accept the real donations this week!

For me it worked with Paypal

Payment thr' PayPal failed, attempted "Debit or Credit card" option, it says currently not setup for transactions in India, screenshot attached

Oh no, that must be some legal thing i can't do anything about, sorry this provider won't work out for ya.

The good news is we're 18% funded already!

Paypal worked for me.

Anyone get this email below after donation? I did not click. As long as my donation got through, I don't need no rewards.

Ko-fi
Confirm your guest donation

You're missing out because you weren't logged in to Ko-fi when you donated to Endless Sphere Knowledgebase Fundraiser. However, it's not too late! Link to a Ko-fi account by clicking the button below. You'll gain access to rewards and any supporter-exclusive content. You'll also be able to engage with Endless Sphere Knowledgebase Fundraiser, keep track of your support and much more. Don't miss out! This link expires in 72 hours.
Click Here to confirm it was you​

If you didn't make this donation, you can ignore this email, or contact support.
"

Last edited:
Back