ES Raffle Bike Project

Greykard
I think it would be better to start simple and if the idea catches go for more on the next Raffle.

I tend to agree, simple may be better as a beginning. Although, the nuclear cruiser is a great commuter bike, the best part is 12 year old could strap that thing together. At that point you are just raffling "Stuff" there's nothing besides the lettering or patches that shows the hands of a craftsman touched it.

I say we bake "special" brownies and raffle those...Yum, special brownies, the kind that make you feel special.

Of course the winner would have to recieve their prize in a special brownie friendly state.

Oh wait, wrong board...Sorry, one too many brownies!

This is a great idea Etard. First I'd buy a couple tickets regardless of the bike type. Now if it was something awesome like Luke's bike, I'd but a few more tickets.

As for a battery. No reason we couldn't use a cell-man a123, which is pretty much plug-n-play. It might also be a good idea to buy parts from Justin for at least this first bike. That way he is making money on that end as well.

To me, the most important thing to do is make sure ES is logo'd all over the bike.

liveforphysics said:
Most badass ebike ever you say?

Hmm... I might have that sitting around all ready made. :) ]

I'm not so sure about the badass part, but i'd bet there are a number of us with some gear sitting around that could be construed to be a working ebike.

Why limit it to a single raffle? I've a bunch of friends who would jump at the chance of a raffle.

No need to have the "best" of any class, the more raffles the better.

I could put together a commuter friendly bike. Maybe even hit up a vendor or 2 (outside of Justin) for a full kit as a sponsorship. I'd go pester the xtracycle folks.

Other people will do different builds, and attract different raffelers.

Maybe even use a portion of the raffle proceeds to provide a new battery/charging setup for each bike - just to ensure that the winner doesn't start out with something sketchy {a-hem! not that I'm speaking from direct experience or anything}.

All kinds of possibilities. Though I'm totally on board with anything longtail.

Back