Ezee + Phaserunner non-continuous power issue

Afrikaaner

1 µW
Working on my first ebike, forgive me if this is already answered.

I have an Ezee motor, Phaserunner, 48v battery. I got things running this evening, but only sort of. First autotune went poorly, the wheel didn’t turn at all, just sort of spasmed in place, eventually I hit the “my wheel is turning backwards” option and it ran forwards using hall sensors. It seemed to run smoothly during the test, but when I tried using the throttle, it would spin, but it sounds like power is cutting on/off. Like the wheel keeps spinning from its own momentum, but you can hear the motor cutting on and off continuously. That said, There was one time (out of maybe 20) when it ran smoothly at full throttle, but as soon as I backed off throttle and tried again, it went back to stuttering.

I was wondering if there’s a default Ezee profile I could download and use to test and tweak from there? Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

open up phaserunner suite

click advanced set up,

once on that page, look at upper right corner under com port and click, Import defaults
enter your motor and download from grin.

if your wheel is in the air while doing the test, it will cut out, or atleast i think it will at full throttle???

is it cutting out while youre riding it?

also check max speed setting and jump it up to 99 if you dont want max speed limited

Afrikaaner said:
First autotune went poorly, the wheel didn’t turn at all, just sort of spasmed in place, eventually I hit the “my wheel is turning backwards” option and it ran forwards using hall sensors.
Not it's suppose to spin. Based on the Grin video, it only makes a humming noise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M5U0snSKvs

it does a "humm" test first, then after that, you do the "spin" test. ezee is geared i think, so is why the motor needed to be reversed. it was spinning but "freewheeling" so reverse motor spin to make it work is how i understood what OP described.

Back