Full suspension fat frame for bbshd?

mammonista

10 W
Love my BBSHD powered eFat. I'm running a Ludi 1 controller but might soon transition to another controller for even more output. But I would really like to have a full suspension frame.
Is there anything out there that will fit the BBSHD???

Attachments

• 20230905_121013.jpg
    20230905_121013.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 8
Here's one. The shock is most likely garbage, but if all you want is monkey motion, it might be fine as is. Price is appealing, steel construction is somewhat confidence inspiring.

Whoa. That thing looks like junk, and I think I bought a Kalosse hard tail bike before that we all joked was a piece of junk. I was expecting to pay more in the neighborhood of $800 - $1,000 for a good frame. But I understand that most fatty riders don't see the need for rear suspension.

subbing to this thread. I love my Reid Boss fatty with Bafang 1000w and and cloud9 seat but would like a full squish upgrade. That like above does indeed look a death trap though.

Whoa. That thing looks like junk, and I think I bought a Kalosse hard tail bike before that we all joked was a piece of junk. I was expecting to pay more in the neighborhood of $800 - $1,000 for a good frame. But I understand that most fatty riders don't see the need for rear suspension.
Not sure what frame he uses, but fechter has a full suspension fatbike
img_1013a-jpg.250123

The pointlessly swoopy tubing in most new MTB frames complicates the mounting of a mid drive. One thing I liked about the junky steel frame is that the down tube/bottom bracket joint is somewhat normal.

I really don't understand why MTB designers have forgotten that a bike frame is a truss, and trusses don't work right if you use curved struts. Doing it that way will always require more material to achieve a given amount of strength and stiffness. It's like they think they're designing electric guitars or something.

Well, they are, in that they're designing something to be marketed and sold, and if people see something that looks cool, they're much more likely to buy that than the one that is just boringly structurally perfect. ;)

Fancy-looking electric guitars don't really sound better or play better based on how they look; it's much more about what they're made of and what electronics and strings they have...but the cool looking ones will sell faster to most people looking for one.

Only the ones that already know how these things work are more likely to choose one based on properties other than appearance.

(this is also true of people choosing other people, or choosing pets, etc...looks first, everything else secondary, until they learn better the hard way, if they ever do).

FWIW, if I put up two songs on the internet, one with a fancy cover art and the other with a blank one or a boring one, which one would someone listen to first (or at all)? The fancy one...I've done the experiment and seen the stats...even though the image has NOTHING to do with what you are going to hear, it is nearly EVERYTHING about what makes someone even bother to listen at all.

Back