Full-throttle's 1st

Hey man. Nice seeing you today on the Yarra, funnily enough we "bumped" at your favorite turnoff on the Yarra bike path :)
I figured we would cross paths sooner or later, actually surprised it didn't happen sooner. I totally didn't notice your ebike and I did look at you before you tapped me on the shoulder.

Anyway here is that link to that super wide velcro straps I use for my lipo battery setup, they are a Melbourne seller as well.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1m-x-100mm-wide-velcro-HOOK-LOOP-TAPE-ROLL-/120953225649?pt=AU_Fabric&hash=item1c295fc1b1&_uhb=1
Just send a friendly message to sew the two parts together in your Ebay/Paypal purchase message and they will sew it together for free for the ultimate velcro strap.

Haha it was good to bump into you. Thanks for the link.

Bumped into shorza on Thu night. No idea how I recognised him in the dark. I was on the road bike :p

This morning went for nice ride with t3sla
image.jpg
image.jpg

Oh.. and this arrived 8)

Cool, bikes look great. I am guessing that's a 500w CST? Nice I really do want to put one if those on my bike.
Anyway I solved my rear vision problem by getting a helmet type mirror, this one attaches to sunglasses.
This works heaps better then handlebar mirrors as there is almost no vibration/mirror shakeage. And you see a large amount of what's behind you compared to handlebar mirrors.

Got them off eBay just search for " helmet mirror"

I am in a Starbucks ATM and I just wore them while purchasing my beverage and told the girl behind the counter that I suffer from a chronic paranoia problem and need to constantly see what's behind me at all times. She totally believed it, didnt even hesitate it and talked to me like I was a bit of a freak and said well that's great that they have such gadgets to deal with your problem.
I guess that's really a bigger insult to me and how I look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,754
TheBeastie said:
told the girl behind the counter that I suffer from a chronic paranoia
Haha nice pick up line. I doubt it would work though :lol:

Got the Shimano XT M-785 brakes for my other bike. Foolishly forgot to get the front 160 -> 180mm post-style adapter. So while waiting for one decided to test the brakes on the commuter (the commuter fork doesn't need the adapter).

Wow! The XT brakes are scarily strong. Hitting the same brake point makes the bike stop 2m sooner :lol: In the wet!
LYCRA BEWARE!!

Hey , in before Hyena does an "oh, another lycra rear ending you" gag :p

Are you having velcro strap issues? I 3d printed some downtube clamps, will send a pic over tomorrow.
Tesla that bike looks grouse, how's it going?

A few peeks of sunshine, come on summer and another get together for a group ride!

Samd said:
Hey , in before Hyena does an "oh, another lycra rear ending you" gag :p
I did find it amusing he posted about his new brakes and the expected lycra encounters in reply to TheBeastie discussing his pickup techniques :lol:
It's the bike equivalent of intentionally bumping into a girl carrying a stack of books/paperwork so you can help her pick them up isnt it ? :mrgreen:

Haha hyena is giving out free tips on how to pick up ghey lycra :lol: priceless!
So.. what's your best pickup line? "I'll race ya"? :lol:

If you're reading this and into that kind of stuff don't do what I did - the dude never called :mrgreen:

To my understanding ramming someone from behind and then punching them is referred to as a 'donkey punhch' :roll:

I just saw an add for this pop up on some site I was browsing and it made me think of you.
It's especially funny in this context because their slogan is "let your man out" :lol: :mrgreen:

wd0409-full-throttle-3.jpg

(I dont know if we have it here in AU, I'm not a big energy drink consumer but I haven't noticed it)

All the best mate with the move. Think I may have to come and visit to check out the mountain bike goodness in your new neck of the woods.

full-throttle said:
This is the end..
enigmatic post?

fine, toss off the electrics, but let it not be the last post! i'd love to see pics/vids from future rides! and i personally think going non-electric after ebiking is a great topic for the forum!

or just email me updates about the migration to the bush! :mrgreen:

happy trails!

g

Ack, you've been robbed!
I would have thought moving to the bush would have been more motivation to up your electric game. Or is that part of the plan ? The once commuter is now a pedal only and there a sweet new full suspension electric offroader in the works ?

No need to burst into tears - it's just the end of the commuter. Don't have to commute anymore :lol:

But now that I've got time and space I'll be def revisiting the other build

Ah the serenity..
Come and visit - there's beer, barbie and plenty of spots to go riding/fishing

full-throttle said:
No need to burst into tears - it's just the end of the commuter. Don't have to commute anymore :lol:

But now that I've got time and space I'll be def revisiting the other build

Ah the serenity..
Come and visit - there's beer, barbie and plenty of spots to go riding/fishing

where bout you move to mate? And what is the low down is the house a full blown green affair off grid setup if so I'm JEALOUS

and what you doing as far as work goes? working from home something?

KiM

PM'd you Jester

A bit of a heat wave this week. Quickly put together a cruiser from all the parts lying around. Saves me from using the car or getting sweaty when going to the local water hole or the shops.

The battery is held by the bottle cage screws. Not ideal but it works and feels surprisingly solid. Will make something sturdier later.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Back