• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Gary Fisher gonna regulate yo asses LOL!

Good video example of an asshole on an ebike. I'm sure if you filmed there long enough, you'd be able to add assholes on pedal bikes,and in cars to the list.
What do you do, limit the power of the cars? No you limit driving like an asshole. And btw, I doubt that bike in the vid is legal in europe.

I'm not saying the guy should slow down when he has space, but he just passes rude when he doesn't have space, and somebody ought to put an unbrella in his front spokes.

20 mph, 25 mph, whatever is chosen isn't so much the issue. But I really do think these lame 250 watt rules many have is really dumb. Once you add the weight of motors and batteries, it can be really helpfull to have a bit more wattage than that. Again, only limiting speed makes sense to me. They do limit power in mopeds, but yeah, you can get 5 hp out of a 50cc motor. So why an electric moped limited to 1 hp.

That's why I love it the way NM has the law written. There are NO ebikes. Only mopeds. And mopeds can go 30 mph. The law is short sweet and simple. I hope they never get told to change it in Santa Fe.

If you want to have ebikes and mopeds, fine. Ebikes 20 mph, mopeds 30. but let both have up to 5 hp or 3 hp or whatever. Anybody going 40 mph on the moped, ticket em. Watt limits just leave you unable to climb a hill, which is just dumb. You bought a motor because you have hills.

Dogman +1. Ebikes are so insignificant right now in NM that it's great just like it is. I ride on the bike paths I usually go around 20 mph and when I ride on the road I go 30mph. It's a no brainer to me, because people on bike/walk paths don't expect to have to dodge a 30 mph bicycle coming at them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What about this situation, where neither speed nor power are the issue at all, only ignorance is the issue here. In this case a temporary exception was granted, but what would be outcome for someone else? What percentage of disabled qualifies for an exception? There is a whole "can of worms" worth of problems with this one.

[youtube]k8B0Q0vO9eI[/youtube]

National park service. Say no more. Here we have a national park that consists of miles and miles and miles of white sand dunes. Only a tiny portion of it is open to the public. No off road driving is very strictly enforced. That's so vehicles don't ruin a pile of sand.

Not that I want a dunebuggy ruining a persons picknick. But to close off 99.9% of the place to protect sand? No way they would open another corner for off road stuff. Not in a National Park. I love national parks, but thier attitude sometimes is just ridiculous. It's like here is where you stand, take 3 pictures, now get the hell out. No, you can't take your picture from standing over there.

Back