GoCycle

Miles

100 TW
This is finally available...... Seems pretty good value at the pre-order price...

http://www.gocycle.com/

http://www.velovision.co.uk/cgi-bin/show_comments.pl?storynum=957

Amazing bike, best turnkey option I've yet seen! This will give Optibike a run for its money (all 6X the money!!)

Jozzer said:
Amazing bike, best turnkey option I've yet seen! This will give Optibike a run for its money (all 6X the money!!)
You're joking right?
It has limited suspension (1" in the rear"), 9 Ah , only 250 W motor, 15 mph (EU) 18 mph (USA), a whopping range of 6 mile (no pedalling, USA mode).
Difficult to get excited about this ebike, let alone compare it to an Optibike 800 Li.

Indeed, nearly all the optibikes sold in the UK so far have been to replace the owners car for comuting use. The Opti is way overspecced for this purpose (for any purpose except full on trials riding), and at 6 times the price.
This thing looks cooler too, and whats more, it IS road legal! I reckon it looks cooler too, just needs some lithium instead of the NiMh.
Also, the battery pack can be easily removed, the whole thing looks much easier to work on.

Hello there,

As a proud owner of a go-cycle myself I would like to perk some interest with all of you....

I am working on a crack to unlock the controller programming which will allow me to re-program the power setting/voltage/speed. My pioneer model has a USB interface in the front fork to link to PC. I think this is something for Gocycle to send updated control software to customers or something. I know the Gocycle is shipped to EU and USA customers and uses the same controller - only the programming is different to limit power to be legal in each country.

Thoughts?

Created a youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8XrKXl6tUI

BTW: The you tube test drive is me. It's hard to see but from the left to right I am going uphill. Fair to say 25 degree incline!

Welcome,

And Nicely perked!

One of the specifications caused me a bit of alarm...

Maximum rider weight is 220lbs, "including clothing and backpack", as they put it.

I weigh exactly 220lbs. Naked.

Eeeek.

It looks good - good to see a tallish person on one too.
How noisy would you say it is?

I'd love to see them in Australia for a reasonable price, but I know it's just not going to happen - my guess will be $2799

Not sure if you are asking about DB noise. For myself I like the sound of power. I used to stick baseball cards in my spokes as a child... I have aftermarket performance exaust on my car. The noise is not at a pitch that bothers me. It definatly warns others that you are there though

philf said:
I weigh exactly 220lbs. Naked.

Eeeek.

Ride naked. No problem.

PsionicWiz said:
Hello there,

As a proud owner of a go-cycle myself I would like to perk some interest with all of you....

I am working on a crack to unlock the controller programming which will allow me to re-program the power setting/voltage/speed. My pioneer model has a USB interface in the front fork to link to PC. I think this is something for Gocycle to send updated control software to customers or something. I know the Gocycle is shipped to EU and USA customers and uses the same controller - only the programming is different to limit power to be legal in each country.

Thoughts?

Created a youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8XrKXl6tUI

BTW: The you tube test drive is me. It's hard to see but from the left to right I am going uphill. Fair to say 25 degree incline!

Nice vid, I'm thinking of getting one too. Did you ever manage to make that crack to unlock the controller programming?

nice bike!!

let us know if you find a way to eek a bit more speed out of it!

this will not give opti bike "a run for its money" thats apples to oranges.

but it will give the A2B a run for its money.

A2B is heavier, but can go a bit faster, and has better suspension. also cost more though.

however, the GoCycle has some very nice extras to it. The travel (or storage) case. Pit stop wheels. enclosed chain.

this bike is more for idiots like me, that don't know much about volts and watts, but love to Ebike!

220lbs (100kilo) max weight, thats not very impressive at all IMO...make a good
girls bike i guess...non- American gurlz anywayz :mrgreen:

Looks nice enough...again though Miles we have what loojs like a plastic version of your L337 ride yours is more Ducati in the frame design this is like some Japanesse crotch rocket hehe

KiM

Cool looking bike. Would work for many people. Not for me. Too little capacity, too many hills, and too noisy to ride on Greenway. However, like I said, cool looking for sure.

I know this is dragging up an old thread, but a mate has got one and he has already coked one motor.
We know the US model had different programming but no one yet seem to have published how it is done

Before I went DIY, I borrowed one of these from someone who was selling theirs, it was the ltd edition black one and it was actually pretty cool.

The problem is the power of course, it couldn't get you up a steep hill.

I've been looking out for a broken one to come on fleabay, would be fun to rip out the controller and batts and squeeze in something more powerful.

I found out how to switch between UK and US mode which gives you a few more mph speed.

Kudos

kudos said:
I found out how to switch between UK and US mode which gives you a few more mph speed.

Kudos

and how do you do that?

One of the guys I have e-mailed you about for the mac motor is the bloke that also has one of these

I'm trying to remember now, it was a while ago, I searched for weeks online before I found it somewhere really obscure.

I remember you have to hold a button down on the bars for about a minute, you then get a beep or two beeps which tells you which mode it's in, I think two beeps for fastest US mode.

I'll have to dig around, I'm sure I posted it either on here or maybe on pedelec a uk site.....

I'll have a look ant back to you.

Kudos

Back