Gustavo chainring for Bafang mid drives

After three weeks of waiting (Guam...), I have the chainring in hand. My first impression is quite positive, the machine work is crisp and well finished. It is either lightly shot peened or media blasted and the anodizing is even with well saturated color, and the lettering is nicely laser etched into the face. Offset is 18.5mm from the inner mount face to the tooth centerline, and thickness at the mounting flange is 3.3mm. It looks to basically be a mirrored copy of the Lekkie with a couple minor changes. the recess for the mounting bolts is more rounded and the spokes are canted the opposite direction.
Hopefully I will get it mounted up tomorrow.

Edit/update:
Everything mounted up well, it moved the chainline inboard about 3mm from the stock location. I measured offset on the stock ring, it came out at 15.8mm using the same method.

I'm here to report ... the same thing! Just received the Gustavo and indeed a good copy of the Leckie at less than half the price (even if I paid 25$ extra for faster delivery). To add to nikhintz's comment here are a few pictures of the real thing.

IMG_7173.jpegIMG_7175.jpegIMG_7176.jpegIMG_7179.jpg

Highly recommended.

I have a few rides on it now, and am still very happy with its performance. Top speed is still about the same at 32 ish mph, the limit seems to be aerodynamic rather than running out of gear. I am running a 11-42 cassette on knobby 26" tires, and am rather fat, so I present a broad obstruction to airflow, so your results may vary accordingly.

just as a point of comparison, i weighed the stock chainring...
IMG20220518220634 by nik1924, on Flickr
It is a full pound heavier

I've got a few hundred miles on the chainring now, and am still quite happy with it. It is just starting to show a tiny bit of wear on the outer face of the thick teeth due to my less than perfect chainline, chain retention is good as well. Over all, it is rapidly turning into an invisible part, bolt it on and forget that it is there.

nikhintz said:
I have a few rides on it now, and am still very happy with its performance. Top speed is still about the same at 32 ish mph, the limit seems to be aerodynamic rather than running out of gear. I am running a 11-42 cassette on knobby 26" tires, and am rather fat, so I present a broad obstruction to airflow, so your results may vary accordingly.

just as a point of comparison, i weighed the stock chainring...
IMG20220518220634 by nik1924, on Flickr
It is a full pound heavier

How has it held up to this point? It's been about half a year, any updates to the wear and tear? Since there are no updates I'm guessing it's still performing well.

Anyone still running one of these? I'm looking for something to replace my stock 46t and these being more on the budget side is good but I'm worried about how well it holds up especially because I run 2x stock power

Anyone still running one of these? I'm looking for something to replace my stock 46t and these being more on the budget side is good but I'm worried about how well it holds up especially because I run 2x stock power
I fitted one 2 weeks ago. 240 miles so far and still good as new😁.
It's a 42T and hopefully will do better than the Electron Cycles cheap one I had last year that lasted less than 1000 miles before 3 teeth fell off!
It's on a BBSHD 28A.

I fitted one 2 weeks ago. 240 miles so far and still good as new😁.
It's a 42T and hopefully will do better than the Electron Cycles cheap one I had last year that lasted less than 1000 miles before 3 teeth fell off!
It's on a BBSHD 28A.
That's good, although slightly concerning with the Electron cycle one as they look exactly the same. Post an update once you get a lot more miles on it interested to hear how it holds up. I run 65a so I'm worried I will sheer the teeth right off haha

Has anyone seen a Gustavo anywhere for the BBSHD with 52T or greater? I'd be interested in trying one but it seems they aren't available.

That's good, although slightly concerning with the Electron cycle one as they look exactly the same. Post an update once you get a lot more miles on it interested to hear how it holds up. I run 65a so I'm worried I will sheer the teeth right off haha
1100 miles and had a problem with the chain dropping off in bottom gear.
This never happened with the Lekkies and it looks like the Gustavo teeth are slightly shorter.
I have installed a chain guide and the problem is sorted.

Back