Hall sensor installation placement and fitment problems

mpb

1 mW
Hello all i recently recieved the motors that i will be using on my build. However i have come across a problem where the hall sensors will not fit between the stator teeth no matter how i try!!! Could i possibly mount the hall between the teeth but at the bottom of the stator off the bottom? It wouldmt have magnets passing directly overhead however they would be super close!! Let me know what you all think.

20160812_114917_zpst80xytmv.jpg

And just for reference

20160812_113831_001_zpskmj71rbz.jpg

Sorry if these photos are large

You might wnat to look at the Adding Hall Sensors to Outrunners thread to see what others did. Or any of the photos of motors where people had to replace a hall sensor, to see how they were mounted.

Thanks for the reply... i wenr theough it a few times allor seemsed to be on the outside or between the teeth. I would like to keep them on the inside this tike around as all my externals werent very good.... any advise on it the above would work or if i can get 1mm wide or close hall sensors as that is the gap between the stator teeth.

Thank you all for your help

I found a sensor thats name is cysj166a that is 1.5x1.5x.6mm case sive wich i believe i would be able to get to work. Do you all think this woulf be combatable with a vesc?? Also would i power it the same??

Screenshot_20160812-180719_zpsyd1lxuux.png

Screenshot_20160812-180725_zpsnyxlswrg.png

I found this page in wich someone installed a hall like this.... i found no part or sensor number so i do not know what model it is...

Mine is an a3144 hall sensor.... sorry for the mutiple posts i am just updating as i find info.

Screenshot_20160812-200650_zpsjwkybaem.png

Back