• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

HELP :) BMC phase wire configuration

beoutside

10 W
Has anyone set up a bmc controller to bmc hub. I know the colors match but I need to remove the square hall sensor wire plug on my bmc V3....red,green,blue,yellow,black and convert it to a flat jst female plug.... I can not see the wire colors on the controller end or I am looking in the wrong spot.
thanks Donny

The only 5 jst coming on this BMC controller has a circle pin quick connect with solid wire covering ......

I was able to remove a little shrink wrap from there jst end , colors are there! Thanks !

There is only one 5 pin JST coming off this controller it is on a quick connect .
What I thought was blue my graphic designer neighbor says is purple and what I thought was green she says is gray...? I sent a message to ebikessf as well. Love to try this baby out if I can get it running.
bmccontroller.png

hallsensorbmc.PNG

BMC just emailed me and confirmed colors from top to bottom red blue green yellow black .. I have 4.54 volts on red and black hall from controller with battery and CA plugged in ... so I'll recheck other connections .

So I needed a break from the BMC controller and also wanted to change out the lyen controller to now match the changes I made to hub connector to match the BMC controller. I have faith it will work and liked these connectors vs what I had anyways. On the BMC controller installed as instructed I am getting power to CA and have 4.54 volts on red and black of the Hall JST.

So I now have a 5 pin JST for Hall, ( on the Lyen controller both green and yellow swap for both Hall and Phase) gold bananas soldered for phase and soldered XT 90 antispark for main power, XT 60 for charger.

I also wanted to test my new JST hall connections as well as look for any bad soldering on the Banana phase that are now on the hub and check the battery XT connections. Just in case it's not the controller but issues with my soldering... or my use of the crimping tools .... used the Grin Tech documents page for tips on crimping and made sure nothing was cold soldered for the plugs and XT's.

The Lyen fired right up no problem .... so I will recheck the BMC connectors after I get some things I am supposed to be working on done :)

Both ebikessf and BMC have emailed me to confirm the colors for the BMC controller....
Donny

Back