HELP W/ Sur Ron Camera Setup

StooopidMonkey

100 µW
I have a 2020 Sur Ron LBX.
I've been hit by a car 2 times in the past 4 months (no fault) with countless close calls.

[#1]. I want to add a rear camera.. Can you tell me how (if even possible) I would be able to connect one so that it is powered by the bike??

[#2]
I want a helmet cam but not one that's so noticeable. Prefer long battery life & simple way of viewing recordings w/o computer. There's just so many.. Any suggestions?

I don't know helmet cams (there are some threads about them around here though), but for powering any device from your bike's traction (motor) battery, you can use a DC-DC. It must be able to run from the battery's full voltage range (V), from full charge all teh way down to empty, or the device(s) powerd from it will turn off when it does once the battery drops below the voltage it requires. It must also be able to supply all the current (A) the device(s) will ever require.

Also, being a rider in traffic myself, I sympathize with the close calls--but in that situation I would (and do) choose to ride as much as possible on alternate routes that don't include that kind of traffic. There's always a place or time it isn't possible to use an alternate route...but I try to plan rides so that happens as little as possible.

StooopidMonkey said:
[#1]. I want to add a rear camera.. Can you tell me how (if even possible) I would be able to connect one so that it is powered by the bike??

[#2]
I want a helmet cam but not one that's so noticeable. Prefer long battery life & simple way of viewing recordings w/o computer. There's just so many.. Any suggestions?

I don't have any particular suggestions, but also consider browsing motorcycle dashcams -- they're often 2 camera setups and some come with screens for review (and, sometimes, half decent rearview).

Back