hub motors how do u get it to run in reverse,

lammy426

1 mW
how do u get it to run in reverse,is it done on the controller or can u just swap the 3 wires going into the motor,many thanks john

Usually it's done in the controller. However you can swap phase wires (AND sensor wires) to accomplish the same thing.

JackFlorey said:
Usually it's done in the controller. However you can swap phase wires (AND sensor wires) to accomplish the same thing.
ok many thanks john

Isn't there a general rule of thumb for reverse rotation of a hub - that you just switch any one or any two phase wires?
I seen some controllers with reverse feature, but I just buy the cheap controllers not the Kelly's, Sabvoton....

calab said:
Isn't there a general rule of thumb for reverse rotation of a hub - that you just switch any one or any two phase wires?

And then swap hall wires until the motor runs normally in the direction desired at the lowest no-load current.

If you are running sensorless, *then* you can just swap two, any two, and only two of the phase wires. ;)

Following the chart to the bottom right may be clearer...

HRaeRi4.jpg

Regards,
T.C.

TommyCat said:
Following the chart to the bottom right may be clearer...

HRaeRi4.jpg

Regards,
T.C.
printed this off and will give it a go when i get chance,many thanks john

Why did my motor suddenly switch to reverse anyways? Is this normal? There is no self learning wire on my controller...

Back